Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLate night (early morning) Trek design

• HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    What's the "Class Name" for this design?
  • markmasseymarkmassey513 StaffordshirePosts: 587Member
    Thanks guys, been a while since ive posted.. I'm not sure about the class name i was thinking along the lines of Altiia class.

But i'm open to suggestions.
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Wow...Nice updates, looking forward to seeing the Orthos on this unknown Class of ship. Keep up the great work.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    In reference to somacruz' comment I'd go with Mako for a class name. Sweet ship, btw.
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    For some reason, Celestial Class comes to mind. Great work on that armor, dude! :]
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    mmm... chunky.

I'd make the armor a bit smoother (not such drastic variation in thickness).
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    George&Gracie-class... :lol:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Just kidding. Emminence Class comes to mind.
  • Wilson359Wilson3590 Posts: 0Member
    Destiny class cames to my mind when I look at it. Awesome ship by the way
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    I got to say I'm very picky when it comes to my star trek ships. But this one has the smooth lines that usually catch my attention. Great Job. As for class name "Leviathan" come to mind.

As for the deployed Ablative Armor's look, I agree it should be smoothed out a lot. Take note of both Janeways command shuttle and the Voyager both had rather smooth hulls when the armor was deployed.

My personal thoughts on the Ablative Generators is that its not a new idea, but an old one made better by newer tech. Its essentially the design successor to "polarized hull plating".

As its described on memory alpha, it sounds like this system could have been developed more than a century before hand. As the system is basically a large replicator network tied in with a transporter based mater recovery system. It replicates the armor mass onto the outer hull, replacing it as its blasted away by enemy fire. The recovery system captures as much as can be saved and runs it though a recycling system that reconstructs the armor material.

The material itself in it original form would have been an advanced composite of diburnium-osmium and and some refractory metals that aid in dissipating the weapon blast. Later versions of the technology would include nano-technologies like micro circuitry that generates an enhanced integrity field in the armor, subspace shielding, and other properties that make the armor even more effective.

The reason it wasn't used more often is the same reason I and only about 35 other people on the planet drive Steam Powered Cars. Some one mass produced the screens, marketed them better, and sold them at a price the Ablative Generator company didn't have the logistics to match.

But a century or two later, with newer technological understanding at their disposal, some odd ball (like me) will take that (supposedly) old outdated piece of tech, give it some modern spit and polish and show people that (Henry Ford lead us down the wrong road of blue smoke, smog, and thermal inefficiency) Ablative Generators can take a pounding even from Massive Klingon battle cruisers 300 times our size and only shake the camera a little bit.
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    you drive a steam-powered car?!?! what kind? If you say a Stanley I think I will die from the sheer awesomeness!
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    walpurgis wrote: »
    you drive a steam-powered car?!?! what kind? If you say a Stanley I think I will die from the sheer awesomeness!
    Tis a conversation for another place. My steam car comments were more to illustrate that the road most traveled isn't always the best road to take.
    Cheers for the suggestions guys,

As for the armour being too bulky i made it that way as a sort of contrast to the sleek hull of the ship if that makes sence. I know voyagers armour is vey uniform but i wanted the ship to look like a tank with its armour up.. If this is say generation one of the technology then i dont mind it looking bulky.
    I know people will disagree but thats what i was thinking.

Sorry i dont mean to sound straight on the defensive if thats how it comes across.
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    no problem. it's up to you, if you wanted it that way, it's cool.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Recommended Class Names:

(Arthur C.) Clarke-Class

Marrakech-Class

Istanbul-Class
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the bulky look of the armor. Makes it seem more "real", since I always had a problem with the blatant "comb-over" look of the stuff from Voyager.

Could you show us some close-ups of the ship when not in armor mode? I'd love to see some of the intricacies of this.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Sheesh, who ever said that Fed ships, had to land on terra firma. Usually more liquid, than land, on a planet. The landing struts will love you, for its semi aquatic design
    Cheers guys, here are a few close up stills. although there isnt mush detail to see
    Still cant get a texture that i like for the hull.

Working on the bridge now, just photoshoping the holographic control textures...
    When i have something that i like i'll post it.
    86699.jpg86700.jpg86701.jpg86702.jpg86703.jpg
    A couple more...
    86704.jpg86705.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Damn that's pretty cool.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wonderful details. I like those colourful greebles.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Looks fine! The color appears to flow the VestaA’s schema, and fits very well over your ship. :)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    This is the first time I looked at this ship, great job. I love it. I'm not sure the deflector needs to be that wide but this is your baby. I liked the story idea you came up with for her also. She could do great in the Gamma Quadrant. I didn't see but I assume with that wide deflector she would have quantum slipstream. One peice of advice, don't get bogged down with fanboy treknobablle. This ship doesn't need multiphasic quantum resonators or whatever some are trying to put in your ship, keep it your own and don't worry about the technical stuff. Your design is great, I really like the clamshell shuttlebay.
    Thanks for the comments. If only they were greebles Aresius, and i handt hand placed them all haha.
    Can i ask Starship where i can have a look the vesta.

when i created this ship i had several things in mind. I spent a long time thinking of a design that i thought i hadnt seen before. Also i wanted to create a story for the ship to live in.. Now i know its not going to be star trek cannon but its where i've set my ship. Maybe because im not 15 anymore im less interested in packing fighters into the cargo bays and having as many phaser banks along the hull as possible. I dont want to sound up my own @rse, but to me Star trek was about Mankind exploring the galaxy, and there greatest weapon being deplomacy. My story for the Jem'Hadar came when i read a story that someone had come up with about the federation hunting the Jem'Hadar after the war. That just didnt seem very star trek to me.
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I've been watching this one, it's a great design. I can see the deflector dish used like a quantum supercavitation device, keeping the quantum slipstream open so that it doesn't crush the hull.
    I dont think ive ever commented when ever anyone mentions the quantum slipstream drive. Rather than coming up with something new, i'm going to go with the line of thought that this ship has come out off starfleets examination of voyager after it returned home. Following the dominion war starfleets resources where running low for a number of years, while they repaired all the damage to the fleet, and replaced lost personnel. we come out of that period and start to see the next generation of star ships. So this ship comes into service say around 8-10 years after voyager returns home.

Would that give Narg enough time to work his way upto first officer??? Im not sure.. hopefully..

So yes the Auzris has a stable slipstream drive right ive commited to it..
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments. If only they were greebles Aresius, and i handt hand placed them all haha.
    Can i ask Starship where i can have a look the vesta?
    (...)

Sure! The model was in fact a creation that comes from Mark Rademaker (http://mark-rademaker.blogspot.com/), and is better known as USS Aventine:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Clawhammer.Rademaker/AventineDeclassified#5548452306131848082
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1oTNGkUkHgM/TPtyg3jQBjI/AAAAAAAACDQ/bcckE47EMvM/s1600/aventine1.png
    Cheers starship, thats a cool looking ship.....
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    Keep up the great work, love this ship!!!
    Possibly a little early and dark to post this, but i've just slapped a light in the scene and rendered it so i thought id post it. Just to give you guys a feel for how the bridge is going to look..

From front to back we'll have the window, infront of that will be the holographic viewscreen. Then the con and ops stations, placed in the wells infront of the captain. Then behind the captain is the first officers station. More consoles around the walls, then a large mission conrtole area that can be closed off with doors like the ones in the cic of pegasus. Finaly at the back will be a conference room.

A little too much text for such an early image, but my geek fibers have been on overload this week, ive been thinking way too much about this ship..... Even begun coming up with bios for crew members.. I might put some up for fun tomorrow..
    86918.jpg
    Had a bit of time to kill today so ive spent some more time on the bridge.... still a work in progress but you get the idea.. The trick is getting the camera in a possition to get a good enough image..