Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLate night (early morning) Trek design

• EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    This is an awesome design, I love the aquatic feel. I like the deflector, it's similar to the slipstream deflector on the Dauntless, and it definitely fits in with the stylings developed by Ryan Church.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    SheA’s taking an interesting shape, for sure!
  • markmasseymarkmassey513 StaffordshirePosts: 587Member
    Thanks for the comments, a little update now, just modeled the bridge module, i'm thinking f having the viewscreen a window, and i'll be dotting a few windows around for the captains ready room and the briefing room
    79415.jpg
    worked a little more on the hull plating. still the under side to do
    79447.jpg
  • JayruJayru1185 UKPosts: 724Member
    It's looking very interesting :thumb:
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    is your paneling going to stay so pronounced? too much, IMHO. I love the overall shape, however. Nice lines.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I'd give the saucer a way more sharper front edge; it would fit the design better than the rounding that it;s got right now. Other than that it's a great design, the whale deflector is neato :)
    Thanks for the comments,

Traq the last image was just the sections cut out, so you could see right through to the bottom of the saucer.. but no the paneling isnt that pronounced, well i dont think so...

I'm going to work on the underside now, ive started some interiors aswell, the bridge and shuttle bay.. but they wont be ready to show for a while yet..

Thanks borgman, the deflectors grown on me too. Not sure about the pointed saucer..
    79484.jpg79485.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    A really good effort so far,well done,unique design.
    hm... well, the seams between the panels still seem very wide to me.

I like the saucer as-is, btw.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I have to agree with traq about the panels. The panel grooves are way too deep and wide looking but the over all design is stellar:thumb:
    Hi thanks for the comments.

traq and cavebear, i have to say i agree with you about the paneling now.. i put a model of voyager next to my ship at the right scale and the paneling was twice as wide and thick on mine.

This sort of shows ive had too much time on my hands today...

I've had a heated discussion with my engineer about the panels... his reply was that hes not working with concrete blueprints and thinks i'm a clown for building this as i go.. that i've wasted his and his peoples time these last few weeks.

So when i said i wanted to rethink the paneling on the suacer from scratch, he abruptly handed me a pad and took off in the only shuttle on site. so im stranded here for the time being...
    79508.jpg79509.jpg79510.jpg
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Hahahhaha love it man.... i know the feeling i have been meaning to get back to the panneling work on my ship but alas i have had a mental block :( though i do think the panneling you have on the neck works but i do agree the saucer needs to be reworked as to how well i say use your imagination :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Aw crap.
    If it were Scotty, he'd ask you for how long you want it and do it in half the time... And if it were Geordie, he'd use Inversed Polarity to suck the plates into the corrent heigh...

Dear me, where have only Starfleet ingenuity and engineers genius gone?
    Worked on the shuttlebay for the ship this afternoon while all the machines are rendering..

Its a little grainy so i probably should have looked at the light and final gather settings a bit more before i post it put what the hell.. The landing pad drops down a deck to another shuttle or argo bay... i'm going to design a shuttle at some point.. sort of an argo type runabout.

Might look a little on the big side, but the idea is the engineers will be constructing probes and things for missions.

shuttles modeled by Mohammad 'MK84' Khair
    79632.jpg79633.jpg
    Pretty nice, but the style doesn't match the exterior: this looks more like a movie-era shuttlebay. doesn't jive with the sleek lines and cool colors of the hull.
    Thnka traq, i agree. i thought that as soon as i uploaded the image... had a quick re work on it, and i think it looks much better like this now.
    79651.jpg
    Hope you don't mind Mark, but I was fiddling with the concept a little bit :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I actually like the old paneling it seeing as how sleek your ship is it helps to offset it a little bit but whatever you think
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice work on the shuttlebay. I like both the Trek XI style with the diagonal beams and the version with the curvy supports. The latter is certainly the most original, though. And probably a better use of space?
    *poke* Hey Mark... You still with us?
    Hi borgman yes still here just doing a bit on my farscape ships.. ive taken a few steps back with this mesh, going back to do uvs before i start spliting the hull up. but im currently working on it now, (while im suppost to be working) but dont tell anyone. should have an update soon..

I've also had a go at putting the arrow shaped saucer like your sketch, so i'll post that when i next update.. i'm not a fan of the pointed saucers, dont like the prometheus, but it was good to have a look.. I've also pinched your design on the nacelles hop you dont mind hehe..
    I quick update before i nip out..

Just rendered out 2 stills of the new saucer plating.. just need to start on the rest of the hull now.
    79832.jpg79833.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, with the other sections removed it looks a little like a Starfleet version of Moya. :)
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Just looked through your thread, I have to say nice start on your Federation Starship. Looking forward to seeing where this ship goes.
    Cheers pearse, yes none of my farscape modeling creeping in here at all hehe..

and thanks blackbird17.

Worked on the underside, placed the forward torpeado launcher aswell.
    79931.jpg79932.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Real nice!

The deflector's growing on me too :)
    the "baleen" deflector is great. easily my favorite part of the design.
    Thanks melak nad traq, i'm hoping that with a little more work the deflector will look better, once i've built something behing it so its not just the flat blue. Also I'm thinking of making her a slipstream ship.

But i think shes coming along nicely, just racking my brain out trying to think of a class and name...
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    About a name, I can suggest a few. :)

From Mythology
    Valhala (my choice)

From the naval history:
    Conqueror
    Georgetown
    Franklin
    Edinburgh
    Rodney

Hope that helps. ;)