Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLate night (early morning) Trek design

• seanrseanr1260 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 627Member
    Very nice. This is what Voyager should have looked like, frankly; it's a much cleaner design and feels much more like an evolution from the TNG era ships.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    Love this design. She's really super-sweet. I could see her as a CoE repair tender, fighter-carrier variant (Gryphon-Class or Valkyrie-Class fighters, possibly the canon flat fighters from the DS9 Dominion War story arc,) or this could be a Federation colonial transport vessel.

I believe that Mark already said itA’s a science vessel....
  • markmasseymarkmassey513 StaffordshirePosts: 587Member
    haha i dont think hellsgate agrees with me on that one... but im greatfull for his suggestions... i might take him up with my next treck ship one day..

Again thanks for the comments. glad to know its not just me with a load of un finished wips stored on various hard drives...

The ship has definetly got the intrepid astetic, not intentionally thats just how the hull shape has turned out.. I'm having a go at modeling the bridge and some corridors, just to take a break from the external.. i realy dont want to get sick of the ship before shes done.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I agree with it just fine, I'm just saying science ships are (usually, but not always) tiny/scrawny looking things (ie: the oberth). The fact this one's a bit more bulky than most (traditional) science ships, thus gives this configuration "options". The dark ring around the midriff makes it look more Excelsior-like. I could imagine one to three shuttlebay doors and/or fighter-catapults behind the dark midriff overhang area. The fact this is a mostly singular hull vessel like the Intrepid & Defiant gives it a Typhon-Class feel.

Since we've never seen a pencil doodle / artist rendering of the bridge, we don't know if its modeled after the fairly high diplomatic capabilities of the Intrepid or Galaxy, or has the more cramped feeling of the Constitution-Class, NX-01, Defiant, and Nova-Class bridge. We've never seen a 3D diagram or 2D floor plan of this ship's layout deck by deck by deck. Nor have we seen a rough guestimate of this design's master situation display.

I'm wondering if she has aquatic capabilities for beings such as Xindi Aquatics or beings similar to themselves, such as outer cargo bay door access that (once submerged) can easily be fitted for temporary or extended residential use.

But i of course, acknowledge & respect her owners' desire to keep her a purely science vessel.
    Thanks Hellsgate, I had noticed that all the science ships looked kind of naff.. so i wanted to make one with a bit more edge to it... I know the temptation is to make a great starfleet warship, fighter carrier etc... i know most kids want to see awsome flashy space battles... i always feel a little disappointed when that happens.. to me thats not star trek... i could be totaly wrong with that impression though.. i know you cant realy eat popcorn to a load of guys talking, but i'm sure picard is a skillful enough negotiator to have talked shinzon around in nemesis.

Too early for me to put up anything of the bridge interior... still working on concepts.. I want to carry on the organic theme inside the ship aswell, without it looking like farscape... But still very sleek and minimalist.. white walls... The bridge is probably a similar size to voyagers, i want to have a large mission control area, so there will be a little more hustle and bustle than a usual starfleet bridge.. lots of blue uniforms busying around.. you can see on the model the windows at the rear of the bridge, which will be a large briefing room.. I do want it to have a submarine feel to it inside.... like your in a space ship.... not a sound stage... if that makes sence..
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Actually, I'd rather see this as a colonial refugee carrier more than any kind of warship, we've got enough of those. I'd love to see this one sitting on its extended retractable landing feet. Set down next to a geodesic dome on a moon or a basic Starfleet outpost like the one from the video game version of "Star Trek: New Worlds", or a bunch of amphibious shuttles launching, being met by a welcoming committee of Xindi Aquatics next to an underwater base like the gungan city from Star Wars in a big cavern.

http://www.clint.se/mattepainting/underwater-city-final-v2.jpg
    83281.jpg83282.png83283.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    :rolleyes:
    Just thought i'd post this before i head into work..

I've chosen my aquatic race now... thought id do a quick render of my ship along side one of there reconnaissance probes..

this is going to sound completely pants but the idea came to me in a dream....
    83306.jpg
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    actually, that's far cooler than the Xindi idea.
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Get science ship Mark, really shaping up nicely. Is that the Whale Probe from ST 4 there in the last render?
    Cheers, yes it is the whale probe from The voyage home... I thought everyone had forgotten them since the movie, turns out there are a couple of novels with the probe in..

surprise surprise the borg did it.... The borg did something to the probe to make it leathal... and assimilated the alien race that built it.. It seems that spock finds that out in a mind meld at some point..

So rather than set my ship in an alternate reality where the borg aren't the explination for everything... I've come up with a backstory for the aliens onboard my ship.. Thousands of years ago the borg invaded their world.. A small group managed to escape and Flee from the borg.. This group was split into two groups one group wanted to leave the galaxy the other didnt... So one group went to earth the other left the galaxy and established a sanctuary in the canis major dwarf galaxy.. far enough from the borg but still close enough to obsereve the milky way.. Obviously we know what happened to the group that went to earth, which is why the species made contact with vulcan.. and try to have little to do with humans as possible..

I know its all pie in the sky.... But i like to know whos onboard my ship.. And seeing as i've only seen one episode of enterprise and have tried to have it removed from my brain, using the xindi was not something i wanted to do...
    Indeed, your idea is much more interesting!
    The Xindi are a "pain in the ass". :D
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    Aquatic species are unlikely to learn metalurgy due to a submerged environment. Get too close to a smoker and you boil. However, if a parasite intelligence like the great race of yith used many animals as a host--and became them in time, then that is what Spock melded with by mistake.
    Small update on the texture for the saucer section
    83752.jpg83753.jpg
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    quite likable
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, I like how this ship is evolving. Simply beautiful. ;)
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    wow that looks awesome
    Oh, to much beautifull Mark!
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Cryptic should put you to work designing ships for them!
    cheers guys, i'm still looking to get more interesting speculars from the textures..

I'm going to sound like an idiot i know but who are Cryptic Mikey-B???
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like an idiot i know but who are Cryptic Mikey-B???

It's a company that worked on Star Trek Online. Their website is here: Cryptic Studios

Great work on this ship, dude. She's a real beauty!
    Thanks Aeries, i suppose i could have gooled that and not been lazy...
    Well ive hit the usual wall in texturing.... so ive taken a break from it and started to model and set up the ablative armour..

Got most of the saucer done, so i thought id post this still..
    84815.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking really nice so far :thumb: I think this one fits the ship more than the Voyager one did because your hull configuration actually looks like something that was made just before the ablative armor took off.
  • athelasathelas0 Posts: 0Member
    I must say really nice work on this ship. wish I knew how to make sutch detailed ships but that might come in time
    I've had a bit of time off work over the holidays, so i've had time to sit daown and do some 3d work.

I've made the armour plating for my ship, i'm in the process of setting up the rig to be able to animate it deploying. I still cant get a texture that i like so might leave that for a while..

I'm going to look into making the surface of a sun so that i can do some sills with the ship.
    86478.jpg86479.jpg86480.jpg
  • Martok2112Martok21120 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice! It kinda makes me think of a bit of a cross between Star Trek and Battlestar Galctica. :) Keep it up! :)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a mix of a laughing shark and serious whale :p It's very good though, very similar to Voayger's stuff. Good luck with the sun !
  • walpurgiswalpurgis181 Posts: 0Member
    dot is insane!! I love it!:D
  • One of the better designs i have seen and i seen a lot of fan ships.Very nice sir.