Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSSV Normandy SR2

• Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    So good.

I hope they dont blow this one up at the start of Mass Effect 3 :(
  • DreekaDreeka0 Posts: 0Member
    Can you please take a shot from top view?

Thank you!
  • matt/mathiasmatt/mathias0 Posts: 0Member
    here you go
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_top_01.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hi dear @ matt / mathias

I saw your model is very successful and really think I congratulate you
    I am working on a model.
    but I am trying to model wood is not 3d.
    Approximately 1 meter long and a massive model.
    Me a 3d model you like you're doing stickers on send mail me?
    I sent you're on my wooden model pasting stickers to create a beautiful model I think.
    Sure would be very pleased if you would help me.
    Thanks ...

That's part of their preparation for pruning model sketchup model that I created.

4361432583_e834620ef5_o.jpg
  • DreekaDreeka0 Posts: 0Member
    here you go
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_top_01.jpg

Thank you :)
    …………… I found out that I had made a big mistake. The cockpit windows where to big, but I spend all night trying to correct it and now the windows and the front of the ship is the perfect size
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_12.jpg
    As I wrote, I changed the windows to the right size
    So here I the right top view
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_top_02.jpg
    Dr-Timelord.... yea, lets hope no Normandy 3. Although I'm not sure anyone CAN blow up the SR2 at this point. Holy Thanix cannon!

I mean when Garrus said "this thing packs a punch", I figured he meant "for an Alliance Frigate". Apparently he meant "For a Minabari Sharlin Warcruiser". Tali's my girl, no doubt, but the Gold Medal Award for Best Starship Upgrade definitely goes to Garrus.

Mathias-thats looking awesome. Yea, the smaller windows "feel" better though I hadn't really noticed it.
    Wow...

And again, Wow...

I was wondering, I'm running an RPG with a character from the Mass Effect universe, and we're looking at adding a ship of this design to the game. Would it be possible to get an isometric + top down picture put together of the ship with a different name (and no Cerberus logo)?

If it's do-able, the name would be the "Gallipoli". If not, that's cool, but I thought I'd ask. :)
    Hey Dragonflight, what RPG are you running? Is it an all ME RPG or is it a Rifts type thing where you have characters from different realities? I would LOVE a well written ME RPG. If I had more time I'd look into writting one myself.
    Wow...

And again, Wow...

I was wondering, I'm running an RPG with a character from the Mass Effect universe, and we're looking at adding a ship of this design to the game. Would it be possible to get an isometric + top down picture put together of the ship with a different name (and no Cerberus logo)?

If it's do-able, the name would be the "Gallipoli". If not, that's cool, but I thought I'd ask. :)

I donA’t know what an isometric picture is??
    But else, yes I can do that with no Cerberus logo and another name, as an isometric + top down picture (when I find out what that is :lol:)
    But it is going to be when the engines are done :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    it's like a perspective view, but with 0 perspective, think of it like an orthographic view but from an angle
    Isometric means the angled front picture you do of the Normandy. Where you're seeing it in three dimensions. (At least... I think it does... If not, apologies. :) )

Wolf, the game I'm running is First edition Mekton, but it uses Mekton Zeta for starship and mecha construction rules. Also, it's a cross-reality game set in my own "Expanded Multiverse" setting, on an online forum a friend of mine runs. The ship's crew has a second human Council Spectre (minor mods like that acceptable for game interest reasons), a couple of mages from the Lyrical Nanoha anime universe, a Velantian Lensman, an energy creature archetype of my own creation played by a friend of mine. A man with superhuman strength and natural armor who's fast becoming an ersatz Master Chief. Not canon Halo, more like an homage character (complete with his own support AI). A Valkyrie fighter pilot from Macross Frontier, a Newman from Phantasy Star Online, and a couple others I can't recall offhand.

All of them are on a starship that jumps realities on a quest that threatens All Life As We Know It. So it's been a lot of fun so far.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    If you ever played X-Com, Transport Tycoon, Sim City 2000 etc - The graphics in those games are isometric...See here for more info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_projection
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    You even included the airlock door, VERY nice. You planning on throwing a shuttle in there too?
    The only thing that immediately jumped to me was the missing skylight in the captain's cabin. Although that might be a retractable hatch.
    Lol the ultimate sun(star?)roof in the universe.
    Yes definitely, and I think it is placed there, but what you people think?
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_top_02skylightloca.jpg
    Ohh and here is an update
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_13.jpg
    Lookin' better and better.

Of course, now I want you to model the interior of the Captain's cabin complete with fish... and maybe Tali on the bed...

EDIT: The "skylight" placement seems right, though I think it should be a bit elongated, and not "square"? Might be wrong about that. Anyway best way to verify placement would be to log onto the game and ride the elevator up and down like crazy; the "wireframe" type image shows the placement of the elevator shaft and captain's cabin. But yea, offhand I'd say that's pretty close.
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    Man, that ship is one sexy beast...and that's not a description I use lightly. lol
    Actually, I'm pretty sure there's youtube snippets showing the wireframe of the Normandy's loading screen. So checking out one of those and doing a framegrab should get you plenty of comparison data.

Also, I think the time Joker's running around on the ship has a modified look, where you're more behind and above the wireframe than most other times. That might help too for perspective.
  • RuskbyteRuskbyte0 Posts: 0Member
    Gotta love the new Normandy, though there is something to be said for the original.
  • Raven_55Raven_550 Posts: 0Member
    It's coming along nicely.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good!
    She is coming along nicely
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_14.jpg
  • SovereignSovereign171 Posts: 0Member
    Epic win. Makes me want to go finish Playthrough #4.
    To my eye, the bedroom window looks slightly to far foward. These are the wireframes from the loading screens that show the internal to external layout.

L1.jpg
    L2.jpg
    L3.jpg
    L4.jpg
    L5.jpg
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    wow. Nicely done!
    Okay skylight, but don’t if like it, better make more details..
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_15.jpg
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_captians_cabin.jpg
  • Captain_PicardCaptain_Picard0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful ship you have there man, amazing job so far!