Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSSV Normandy SR2

matt/mathiasmatt/mathias0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hey I completed mass effect 2 last Monday
I now I wanted to try a shot at the SSV Normandy SR2

SSV_Normandy_SR2_01.jpg
Post edited by matt/mathias on
Tagged:

• DreekaDreeka0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start, i'm looking forward for it :)
  • mtblilliemtblillie171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice shaping, looking good!
  • SolCommandSolCommand172 Posts: 0Member
    Man that is one sweet ship you have right there ! Nice start indeed
  • matt/mathiasmatt/mathias0 Posts: 0Member
    Okay how long do you estimate the Normandy is??
    Because my calculations indicates that it is 450 meter long
    Just a little update

SSV_Normandy_SR2_02.jpg
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I was a little miffed at first when I learned they original Normandy with a new version that while not exactly similar was pretty close...as if they had just scaled up the original.

Having seen her in action though and taking the time observe the subtle differences between the two, I have to say that the SR2 is definitely a worthy successor and every bit as awesome as the original.

You're model looks great by the way, dead on as near as I can tell.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    if you can extract stuff from the game you have perfect reference, I did always wonder about the scale of it, because the windows along the sides suggest it's massive but the airlock and the cockpit windows and the rest of the interior tell me maybe it's not so big
    One question: do you plan to make this high-poly or low poly, maybe for game usage ?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work looking good hope to see more soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    very nice- as a fan of the mass effect franchise i look forward to the development of this normandy.
  • ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    ima have to say(as a huge ME fan) that this is almost an exact copy of the ingame SR2
    fantastic work so far man. look forward to seeing more...btw be sure to add the Thanix Cannons :P
    Even thou I'm an uber ME fan ( :) ) I think those cannons are just a bit too powerful for their size.
    Thanks
    It is going to be a high poly; I am also thinking about doing the cockpit as well to make it more realistic, and the thanix cannons.
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Definetly cool!! Keep to model!!

Bye
  • kill4moneykill4money0 Posts: 0Member
    Very Cool ! I love the new Normandy, finally got some toilets. :lol:

So were you able to save everyone at the end? My first try only Mordin, Jacob, and Garrus lived. :o

My second time i saved every except Legion. :thumb:

Keep up the great work.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    I would say 450m is about 3 times too big, as a rough guess, but your modelling seems spot on so far :thumb:

Personally, I prefer the original Normandy design to this one (the sleeker engine arrangement, mostly).
    Well the second time they all survived (first time shepherd and the rest of time didnA’t survive, but that was because I wanted to hear the story)
    To save all, everybody has to be loyal, you need all ships upgrade, and you need to take the reaper iff mission, as the last mission. Took me three days
    SolCommand wrote: »
    Even thou I'm an uber ME fan ( :) ) I think those cannons are just a bit too powerful for their size.

ahh come on, those cannons are just rockin man. i dont wanna say anything and spoil it for anyone. but those things are soooooo powerful
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    I love it!
    The game graphics are really going to be hard to measure up to but well worth trying! :thumb:
    Great Job!
    I only did that mission once and I lost that weird chick called Jack .... i was actually pleased to see her dead, I could not stand her face, tattoos nor her atitude.
    Indeed the game graphics are something to be remembered. Now I'll just have to drool until ME3 :lol:
    M8, you should consider releasing this ship for public download. I know for a fact that so many ppl will kiss your feats that you wont have to wash them for many months to come :thumb: I already saw it textured for a Freelancer mod and it looks outstanding !
    I am going to release it, when I am done with it. Now it’s just a mesh, that’s half finish, and no textures.
    What mod did you find the model in? I would like to see it :)
    im on my third walkthrough on ME2 cant wait for ME3. anyway. hope you have some updates for us soon. really looking forward to a Normady Wallpaper btw. any plans for a nice sexy space scene with her?
    Here is a little update.
    SSV_Normandy_SR2_06.jpg
  • This is looking very authentic, I completed the game on friday, the Normandy SR2 is like a character all on her own, it's a great vessel and you're doing her justice. You're also well motivated because you're going at quite a pace too! Nice work.
    Okay I kind of have a problem. In the game Normandy has a lot of windows on the outside, but on the inside I can only count 7 windows in total, plus the two observations deck.

But I don’t know what all does windows are suppose to be doing there, are there parts of the Normandy that can’t see in the game, is it some outer electronics or something else??
    It isn't added in the game mod yet, but I saw her textured and announced ;)
    Okay I kind of have a problem. In the game Normandy has a lot of windows on the outside, but on the inside I can only count 7 windows in total, plus the two observations deck.

But I don’t know what all does windows are suppose to be doing there, are there parts of the Normandy that can’t see in the game, is it some outer electronics or something else??
    you gotta remember there's probably more to normandy then what we get to see. the windows on the outside may be other rooms we arent allowed to get to.
    Here is a little update
    Right now the windows are just a texture with boxes on, and I am going to make it into real windows later.

SSV_Normandy_SR2_07.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great on the uptades
  • That is some great work! I had the idea of modeling the Normandy, but I just started a second play through of the game, so I won't have the time :lol: