Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSSV Normandy SR2

• dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Its been nice watching this models progression; nice job! Hope to see the cockpit soon :)
  • matt/mathiasmatt/mathias0 Posts: 0Member
    Okay now it is time for the bridge
    I had to make some small changes to it, but when I am done it will still look like the bridge from the game

SSV_Normandy_SR-2_cockpit_inside_01.jpg

SSV_Normandy_SR-2_cockpit_01.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nice so wheres EDI???
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful, clean work. Are you going to bother with the shutters? *waves at Joker through the window* :)

Oh, and this Normandy's fully upgraded, right? Bad things will happen otherwise, as I found out. :(
    Aldready made them and EDI is right there :)

SSV_Normandy_SR-2_cockpit_shutters_.jpg

SSV_Normandy_SR-2_cockpit_shutte-1.jpg
  • That's looking very impressive, EDI is right there too! Are you going to do the full interior? Not that I'm complaining mind you I just want to know how big my future drool bucket should be :D
    Shame that the interior of SR 2 doesnt fit into the actual ship; deck 2 for example; and where are all the windows ? :rolleyes:

nice model tho
    According to the in-game wireframe map, deck two occupies a mid-ship region. Despite having that same long stretch at the front, it doesn't actually connect to the front of the ship. Instead, it connects to the back of the Thanix Cannon bay. So most of deck two, and the engineering deck underneath are in the main body. Only deck one goes all the way forward.
    Hi
    I'm impressed of your work. I was looking in google a models from Mass effect 2 to download and I;m here. You mention about importing some models from game. Can you upload this, pls? :)
    Hi
    I just love your work of the new Normandy. I was looking for a good model/wallpaper about the SR-2 since the release, and now can't wait to see your progress!

Edit: SSV means Systems Alliance Space Vehicle, and the SR-2 is a Cerberus vessel.
    So how goes the work? Just thought I'd ask, it's been almost a week since anyone's posted. :)
    According to the in-game wireframe map, deck two occupies a mid-ship region. Despite having that same long stretch at the front, it doesn't actually connect to the front of the ship. Instead, it connects to the back of the Thanix Cannon bay. So most of deck two, and the engineering deck underneath are in the main body. Only deck one goes all the way forward.

Deck 1 is the captains loft, Deck 2 is the main deck ( Bridge ,CiC, Armory, Lab)
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2876/deck2.jpg

Deck 3 (crew deck)
    http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/834/deck3q.jpg

Deck 4 is the engineering (main core, two cargo bays)
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6916/deck4.jpg

Deck 5 sub engineering and hangar

the map doesnt show the actual layout of the ship ingame (notice the elevator and the deck 2 size), and there are far to many windows depicted on the ship model, but then again SR 1 interior was done even worse :devil:
  • Ares45Ares450 Posts: 0Member
    So I haven't been following up on this thread in a while but I just came back and decided to look on what you've done. And as always its AMAZING the ship is looking better then ever. But my question still stands unanswered and that is will this ship be able to be put into games such as Crysis or game engines such as the unreal tournament engine and the Cry Engine 2 / 3<-- (CryEngine 3 not out yet). If so I would really like to either work with you on figuring out how to import it into those engines or I can head over to the crymod site once you've completed the model and ask them if they know how to do such a thing. If anyone knows how these things work please let me know.
    Keep it up man even if its impossible for me to use this model I still think its EPIC.
    Sorry guys, homework homework homework and more homework.
    And yes you can get the model into cryengine 2. You just have to get it into 3ds max, get the poly count down, or export it as smaller models.
    Has anyone realized that the layout for deck 2 (according to the wireframe map) is waaaay to long? In game, you have:
    cockpit -> neck -> arrowhead section w/ ship model + galaxy map -> elevator -> corridors to labs -> labs / meeting room
    (note, from neck to arrowhead section, stairs go UP in game)
    But on the wireframe map you have:
    cockpit -> neck -> arrowhead section -> parallel corridors -> corridor connecting parallel corridors (right about where the forward tip of the wing root is) -> cylindrical room -> elevator -> labs.
    (also note, from neck to arrowhead section, it goes DOWN on the map)

There is a humongous chunk of stuff missing from the in game model.. Maybe that is where all the extra windows come from?
    Note you can tell the labs are right at the back because if you look on the wireframe map, you can make out the windows that overlook the drive core room..

Either that, or they have stretched the floorplan for deck 2 and the elevator is where the hole in the middle of the map is.

SR2_Deck2_Labels.jpg

Closeup of labs:
    SR2_Deck2_Labs.jpg
  • Ares45Ares450 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry guys, homework homework homework and more homework.
    And yes you can get the model into cryengine 2. You just have to get it into 3ds max, get the poly count down, or export it as smaller models.

Ok cool thanks now does anyone know how to do this? If not its cool I'll check up with crymod see if they know anything. Thanks so much for replying to it and I hope to see the link for the ship sooner or later its still looking awesome!.
    hmmm a chair ;)

chair_02.jpg
    chair_01.jpg
    here is a little more

SSV_Normandy_SR2_20.jpg

SSV_Normandy_SR2_back02.jpg

SSV_Normandy_SR2_bottom_front02.jpg
    Great improvements! I love the new Normandy and SR2 signs. But the windows are a bit too red, I liked the previous version better.
    Sanyika wrote: »
    But the windows are a bit too red...

It's the evil SR2 ;)

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've been following it closely and have been using all the great images you guys have rendered/found to cad up and start building a wooden model of the SR2, thought you guys might be interested (even though it's not a 3D mesh!).
    Great job Matt, your model looks amazing btw.

WyVX0.jpg
    Looking good so far and donA’t worry about trying to hijack my thread.

Now I am tired of the windows being just red lights, so now IA’m trying something new.

How about making the windows like this??
    [video]http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/matt-thoren/?action=view&current=normandy_window_test.flv[/video]
    Wow that would be fantastic :D
  • iichaniichan0 Posts: 0Member
    DCB, it would be great if you could let me know which of the packages in the Mass Effect directory contain the meshes that you used for your comparison pictures. Also, did you find the information for the interior design of the decks anywhere?
  • iichaniichan0 Posts: 0Member
    iichan wrote: »
    DCB, it would be great if you could let me know which of the packages in the Mass Effect directory contain the meshes that you used for your comparison pictures. Also, did you find the information for the interior design of the decks anywhere?

Nevermind, I found everything in the BioA_ShpCr2_600Normandy package. It would still be great if anyone could let me know how to use the decals and the shininess texture properly or how to export them so that they are used automatically using umodel?

The decals looked OK in the preview but are messed up after rendering. I uploaded also one of DCB's pictures for the comparison.
    80639.jpg80640.jpg
    here are some bioware original art samples to compare:)

normandy03.jpg

normandy04.jpg

normandy05.jpg

normandy06.jpg

normandy07.jpg

normandy08.jpg
    Hey can I change my name, because I have gotten tired of the name matt/mathias, and I would like to have the name Thorreign instead, because I use that name to my other models????
    Okay I will soon be done with the model, just need to get my exam first.
    Is there another mass effect model that would be cool to make??
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Wooow! Really beauty :D
    next model?
    what about turian cruiser?
  • SmitySmity0 Posts: 0Member
    Dr.Sleep wrote: »
    Wooow! Really beauty :D
    next model?
    what about turian cruiser?

Yea that would be sweet to see that, or even the mako/hammerhead too. Really great stuff here Matt/Mathias :D
    Hey when do you think it would be a good time to release version 1.0 of my normandy??