Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: Specter of the Past

• tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    Next one's up too! Scene 50B, "Captain's Log" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqaDAHmFoZ4

After this, there's the epilogue and then, guess what...we're done!!!
  • WWWOOOWWW, I just watched all scenes of your show and this is amazing, very, very good work! I take my hat off to you.

But there are some minor critisism left:

I can't watch all final scenes, because your are sometimes use music from Sonymusic Entertainment. Scene 18A, 29 and 42 are not watchable in all countries due to limitations (I know.... :rolleyes: )

Watch at your recording volume, sometimes the audiostream overmodulates a bit, the next time (?) you do an audiostream for this movie turn the recordingvolume a bit more down to prevent this.

Exept that: :thumb:
    @Karronade: if you don't mind my asking, do you live in Germany by any chance? (I ask because we've had another user, Melak, encounter the same issue but so far he's the only one).

For those three scenes, maybe try viewing the first hourlong block, which is available on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/14844039. I'd seriously recommend skipping the individual scenes in favor of the 15-minute blocks on YouTube, those have had editing and polish that the original individual scenes haven't. (And yes, there will be three more "next times" for doing audio streams, I've got two scenes and a flashback to go!)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    so far, so good
    @homer: I'm surprised at you! Usually you're the first one to pick up on things like Scene 49B and 50A!
    You didn't notice the Fitzgerald bridge set was suddenly different, and that Reyf's door chime is now the VOY chime instead of the TNG one?
  • batboy853batboy853333 Posts: 88Member
    tnpir4002 wrote: »
    @homer: I'm surprised at you! Usually you're the first one to pick up on things like Scene 49B and 50A!
    You didn't notice the Fitzgerald bridge set was suddenly different, and that Reyf's door chime is now the VOY chime instead of the TNG one?

hmmm after rewatching i cant tell
    what the difference is on the bridge
    You may know of me as AndyP elsewhere...
    im not that nitpicky. i dont notice things that subtle :D
    unless im bored
    @homer: don't worry about it just yet then :)
    The changes to the bridge set were deliberately "hidden" by staying at red alert. We'll see it fully lit in the epilogue.
    @homer: don't worry about it just yet then :)
    The changes to the bridge set were deliberately "hidden" by staying at red alert. We'll see it fully lit in the epilogue.

not if its too subtle
    Don't worry, it won't be :) The epilogue has three parts but I'm going to hold off on posting until they're all three done, so just be patient guys! The finale of Star Trek Specter is coming soon!
    Alright folks, the epilogue is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K99FB9sh6X8

Now we're just missing a quick flashback at the very end right before the credits roll, and Specter will be done! This is very obviously a rough draft, so forgive the backgrounds--I was in a hurry to get this up.
  • airbusA380airbusA3800 Posts: 0Member
    just watched scenes 47 through 51 and i have to wonder what was happening with garr on the viewscreen, it seemed like he was having a fit at first.
    Also noticing some of the dialogue there resembles that from voyager 5x06 Timeless.

It is brilliant however and i am glad to have seen it. will be a bit of a shame when its over to be honest.
    @airbus: that wasn't a fit, that was supposed to be Garr checking various console displays in rapid succession :) Glad you enjoyed it though!

We've just got Scene 52, "2368," left, and then the end credits. And then folks, guess what...we're done!!! The director's cut comes next, and then I turn you guys loose on it to see what you think. One scene is confirmed to have been rewritten, and some others have been trimmed, with several more in line. I, for one, can't wait to start recording with my voice actors!
    By the way gang, some fun facts about Scene 51:
    • the colors in Reyf's ready room are sampled from a screengrab of Jonathan Archer's ready room from ENT
    • the glowing green "artifact" by Reyf's ready room door is actually a Glowing Piece of the Aggro Crag
    • the colors on the "alternate" bridge are from high-definition screencaps from Star Trek First Contact
    • note also that the "Alternate" bridge features VOY-style metal plates on the five aft workstations
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Cant believe its all finished (apart from that last scene)
    @Dr-Timelord: how do you think I feel!!! Everyone keeps asking what I'll do next, for my part I'm just kind of in shock that it's done! (apart from that last scene)
    nice! i like the idea behind the changing time-line, is there anyway you could make it more apparent, as a suggestion, like yesterdays enterprise use of the overlayed reality change, or make it more obvious sooner, like raise the lighting on the bridge in the scene aftermath to "emergency lighting" and then it would be more obvious than trying to notice color changes 5 minutes later? the reasoning i have is that the average viewer or first time viewer wont follow that there was a change made...
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    I'm assuming that the reason that he hasn't done that, is to make the change more subtle, so that the shock of discovering the changes is bigger later.
    true, but with only one scene left, the only way i can see it being revealed is by showing a large note from garr to reyf saying I did it in big letters, cause while watching the epilogue, had i not known what to look for it still would have been oblivious to me. But then again i am running on only 4 hours of sleep today so...
    Well here's some advice:
    Turbolifts are your friends.
    well yeah i caught that, in fact ive seen from an old demo real of one of the last shots of the film will be
    garr exiting a turbolift, but idk if thats still the case. That could be what is intended to be the defining moment of the timeline being changed, but then changing the colors and sounds wouldn't really make much sense when you have garr entering the turbolift. which we've seen other spoilers saying that altergarr has been on the Fitzgerald this entire time which would imply that he changed the timeline and the only changes he made was from the spy / starfleet intelligence to the science- aesthetics and interior design field.

And now after re-watching that section of the demo reel for the millionth time, i just noticed something new, Garr putting his glasses on in the turbolift.

idk i guess i'm just sleep deprived today...
    Did not know that. Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.
    If you guys are ready to see it, the finale is just about ready for me to post! Look for it shortly!
    Alright folks, the thrilling and emotional finale of the movie is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho-ivxyLJg0
  • F9thCenturusF9thCenturus331 Posts: 5Member
    Long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. And I must say, now that's an ending. In the end, hope was restored, and a second chance was not only given, but taken. Hope, that's what Trek is all about, hope that there is always a better day, and that everything will be alright in the end. Thank you for making this film.
    mazal tov!
    @homer: come again?
    @homer: come again?

Mazal tov = מזל טוב: i.e. congrats :D
    I agree. Congratulations.