Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise NCC1701 Deck by Deck..

• mdbruffymdbruffy180 Posts: 2Member
    They look fine to me. Unless you're going to do an extremely close-up shot of the chair, I don't think anyone will really notice.
  • Havoc92Havoc920 Posts: 0Member
    mdbruffy wrote: »
    They look fine to me. Unless you're going to do an extremely close-up shot of the chair, I don't think anyone will really notice.

Cool. Just a few areas on them that are bugging me; but once in the game engine, they'll
    probably look worse with low res graphics anyway. lol

Chess Anyone?

progress_110910_2.jpg

progress_110910_1.jpg

progress_110910_4.jpg

Just finished this morning on this little project.. 2 days worth of work. Not bad I guess. The Knight was a bear and still kinda sucks.
    And the support arm for the chessboard is giving me a few fits; but, overall, very happy with this batch.

Ok, off for smokes.
    And more toys..

progress_111010_1.jpg
    Been a busy bee today.. as per usual.
    So, how's about a closeup and we'll pull out a little ... ;)

progress_111110_1.jpg

progress_111110_2.jpg

progress_111110_3.jpg

And a little rotation ..
    progress_111110_4.jpg

Still basic. The Conference table needs the computer, monitor, button sets and
    data cartridge slots added; But, given the amount of work that went into getting
    accurate measurements for the table.. a good day's effort IMHO.

Time for some sleep!
    A little more progress on the conference table..

progress_111310_1.jpg

progress_111310_2.jpg

There is next to nothing out there in way of schematics for much of the equipment; so, a lot of this is being done
    with guesswork and the like. It's a little maddening; but, getting there..
    Screencaps are about the only real reference for some of this. Have you tried TrekCore?
    Screencaps are about the only real reference for some of this. Have you tried TrekCore?

Oh, yeah. And been through much of my first season set reviewing and making my own caps. Weeded through the auction listings, etc.
    For every hour of actual work, I've probably got another 3-4 in research on this.
    progress_111410_1.jpg

Just some fixups and color testing.. The coms and chairs are bugging me. The color on both seems off; so, I'm still playing with those. The main thing fixed here is the color on the switch blocks and the size of the comm units. The monitor still needs addressing; but, I'm still working that problem.
    More adjustments here. The mapping for the comms and switchblocks in the prints don't match what's seen in the show, so I played some geometry tricks and figured on an 8 inch inset from the table edge. I also did some work to the colors for the display and added reflectivity to the table top. Really makes it pop; but, boy does the render time go up.

progress_111510_1.jpg

progress_111510_2.jpg

Almost looks like you could walk in and sit down. Lovin it.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Haah! More please! :)
    Here's another render. Mods have been made to the comms, additions to the library computer and a change to the lighting.
    I was using a blue omni and a white. Switched to two Blue omnis and really liking the difference.

progress_111510_3.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Wowsers. That's looking fantastic, and just as I remember from the show.
    More detail added to the library computer.

progress_111610_1.jpg

progress_111610_2.jpg

Still have to chamfer some edges and worry about textures; but, ..
    progress_111610_5.jpg

..ok, the cutins for the data drives are all in place. The last remaining thing is to texture the comm grills and the graphics for the library computer.
    And this is all going into the ship model?
  • TallguyTallguy351 Posts: 468Member
    Havoc92 wrote: »
    There is next to nothing out there in way of schematics for much of the equipment; so, a lot of this is being done
    with guesswork and the like. It's a little maddening; but, getting there..
    There used to be a board called "A Site About Props" that had lots of references for these sorts of things. Never did get a decent ref for that table outside of screen caps.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    there's a guy doing something like this on trekbbs, you should check it out
    And this is all going into the ship model?

If you're going to export the ship into a game engine, props will be necessary. Why, Did I miss something ? ;)
    Tallguy wrote: »
    There used to be a board called "A Site About Props" that had lots of references for these sorts of things. Never did get a decent ref for that table outside of screen caps.

Thank you. I'll have to look it up a little later ;)
    IRML wrote: »
    there's a guy doing something like this on trekbbs, you should check it out

That's probably me. I'm crossposted on 6 different fora as of now.
    More toys. These are the computer cabinets that are seen many times around the ship. There are four that I'm aware of.
    The fourth is the same as one of these but with an openable upper compartment.

progress_111610_06.jpg

progress_111710_01.jpg

progress_111710_02.jpg

progress_111710_03.jpg

Really enjoying working on props at this point. Lots of work; but,
    a lot faster results than building a mountain lol.
    If you're going to export the ship into a game engine, props will be necessary. Why, Did I miss something ? ;)

No, just wondered. Almost forgot about the game engine. Which game were you making this for?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    That's probably me. I'm crossposted on 6 different fora as of now.
    it's a different one, here's the link

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=119751&page=19

I thought it could be of some inspiration to you maybe
    Another shot just for fun. Loved the shadowplay.. ;)

progress_111710_04.jpg
    IRML wrote: »
    it's a different one, here's the link

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=119751&page=19

I thought it could be of some inspiration to you maybe

Oh, Blssd.. yes. Very nice work he's doing. Been so busy on my build that I haven't checked his in a while; but, have a folder of caps on my drive
    from watching his work. Very nice stuff.
    No, just wondered. Almost forgot about the game engine. Which game were you making this for?

I think if I get it into oblivion engine, I'll be happy.. even if it's in fallout 3. Though, I'd really like to see it against a treeline..
  • gmd3dgmd3d251 DublinPosts: 132Member
    Stunning body of work .. Incredible
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”

Posted two new videos in the past 24 hours. These are a rehash of things already seen here; but, video update rather than 2d.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm sorry to nitpick, but I was watching that first video, and long about 3 1/2 minutes you're talking about the structural support for the spaceframe, and how "more than half of the dorsal" is past the point of that front spar. Well, remember: no gravity in space. So that area wouldn't experience the types of stress you're referring to, unless the ship pulls a vertical maneuver. Otherwise, the stress would be placed on the rear spar more, since that is where the mass would push against during acceleration.
    LockeFP wrote: »
    I'm sorry to nitpick, but I was watching that first video, and long about 3 1/2 minutes you're talking about the structural support for the spaceframe, and how "more than half of the dorsal" is past the point of that front spar. Well, remember: no gravity in space. So that area wouldn't experience the types of stress you're referring to, unless the ship pulls a vertical maneuver. Otherwise, the stress would be placed on the rear spar more, since that is where the mass would push against during acceleration.

Except for the fact that the ship ends up in high gravity environs as well as in orbit. Generally speaking, one builds to the worst case rather than to the average condition. Also, you have to keep in mind that the ship is constructed largely in a gravity well and then travels to space from there. So, it would be highly relevant for the building phase as well.