Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Enterprise NCC1701 Deck by Deck..

• Havoc92Havoc920 Posts: 0Member
    progress_112310_1.jpg

progress_112310_2.jpg

This is the current piece I'm working on. Waded through a few thousand screen caps and put together only a few really good
    images to work from for this piece. It shows up in many of the episodes; but, blurred or at a distance. So a lot of this has been
    eyeballed until I can barely see straight. It still needs a little work; but, nearly finished with it. No smoothing as yet.
  • mdbruffymdbruffy180 Posts: 2Member
    The amount of detail you're putting in this is simply incrediable.
    mdbruffy wrote: »
    The amount of detail you're putting in this is simply incrediable.

As I've said before, I'm cramming in everything I can get in. When the game explodes, it's too much ;)

progress_112410_1.jpg

And another of the primary plant on units that we see everywhere in the series. This still needs cut down a little; but, mostly done.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    ... and Sulu with his foil. I blame my attraction to Asians on George Takai influencing me at an early age. ;)

Though as I got older, I always wondered why he didn't have a shinai instead of a foil....
    progress_112410_2.jpg

This is a render of the previous piece - now finished.

progress_112410_3.jpg

The above is another plant on that is seen in sickbay and engineering. To the left is a wip of another screen. I built it in three pieces - center, edge and corner.
    This is another highres prototype that will help me figure out both the low res and the texturing.
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    ... and Sulu with his foil. I blame my attraction to Asians on George Takai influencing me at an early age. ;)

Though as I got older, I always wondered why he didn't have a shinai instead of a foil....

So now I need to get a shot of Tpol in here somehow for the guys, right ;D
    Still plugging away.

progress_112410_4.jpg

Freestanding version that appears in Sickbay and engineering..

progress_112410_6.jpg

And the wall mounted version seen in the corridors.

And I'm off to bed.. again.
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Havoc92 wrote: »
    As I've said before, I'm cramming in everything I can get in. When the game explodes, it's too much ;)

progress_112410_1.jpg

And another of the primary plant on units that we see everywhere in the series. This still needs cut down a little; but, mostly done.

George Takei's nipples......OH MY! LOL!!!
    Four new bits today:

progress_112610_1.jpg

And no comment, Darth rofl.
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent eye for detail, can't wait to see a Jefferies Tube!
    Thanks JW!
    Here's another small batch:

progress_112810_2.jpg
    ..and another batch:

progress_112910_1.jpg
    I know I've said it before, but I'm really, deeply impressed by this project, your attention to detail, and the time you've invested. This is probably my favorite current thread on this forum.
    Thank you. I always enjoyed watching projects come together that others had done. I just never imagined my build for all this time would get the amount of attention it's gotten.. good, bad or otherwise. Happy you're enjoying it.
    progress_120110_1.jpg

..and a little more..
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    "Captain, there be "greebles" here!"

Nice work!
    Your basic wall mounted comm unit.

Progress_120410_1.jpg

greeble greeble greeble.. :D
    Fixed.

progress_120510_01.jpg
    I know alot of folks would love to be able to use those greebles in other set and ship models. Any chance of you releasing those as a sepeate package?
    progress_121210_2.jpg

Got back to building things today. That's the latest batch.

As to releasing the greebles seperately, I don't know. I've generally been inclined against discussing release decisions until the model is
    complete and I've had time to consider options.
    Not to take anything away from Havok, because it's obvious that he's got enthusiasm, obsession, and skill, but none of these greeblies is really all that difficult. They should be reasonably easy for anyone who can model a starship to recreate.
    Not to take anything away from Havok, because it's obvious that he's got enthusiasm, obsession, and skill, but none of these greeblies is really all that difficult. They should be reasonably easy for anyone who can model a starship to recreate.

The modelling isn't particularly difficult. The only thing difficult, perhaps, is the amount of research needed to get good reference images.
    Havoc92 wrote: »
    The modelling isn't particularly difficult. The only thing difficult, perhaps, is the amount of research needed to get good reference images.

You also need a good modeling program and the knowledge of how to use it. I'm just now starting to figure out Google Sketch-up.
    mdbruffy wrote: »
    You also need a good modeling program and the knowledge of how to use it. I'm just now starting to figure out Google Sketch-up.

And of course I have to say that is true. I tend to forget that I had a hand up in this in having a drafting and deep math background and understanding 3d concepts for quite a while before I started modelling. Blender continues to get better. And it's free, so, there is that.
    There are also student editions of Autodesk products available. That also helps; but, if you aren't enrolled in a school, it doesn't help much.
    If you want to learn on your own, it's a steeper climb to be certain.
    More new toys today:

progress_121410_1.jpg
    And more..

progress_121510_1.jpg

Just had to add a handle on that one..

progress_121510_2.jpg

..back to work
    And here's another small batch of assets:

progress_121710_1.jpg
    Hey, Havok, what did you use as the height from deck to overhead in the saucer section?
    Hey, Havok, what did you use as the height from deck to overhead in the saucer section?

Off the top of my head, I think it's 96.63" And I made it uniform across both hulls. But, keep in mind that in your corridor spaces, the floor thickness of the next deck is all that seperates the decks. It makes your corridor height taller by 12-14 inches depending on how thick you make your floors.
    That can carry over into other spaces; but, I wouldn't overdo it.
    Hmm. That's only 2.45 meters, which is shorter than the 2.6666 I'm using as the inter-deck height on my Cheyenne. When you put the camera in one of your spaces and render, the dimensions look right? How did you arrive at that height?

(I ask because of considerations on my own model I'm trying to work through, not because I'm being critical of yours! :cool:)