Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClassic Space Lego - Galaxy Explorer WIP

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    just great!
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Thank you! I've since finished the logo on the slope on the front (it should have some yellow on the "moon" with the gold color making up the shading and cratering) and I'll try to get it on the landing pad plates for the next render. I'd like to try to light it more like it would have appeared in the original packaging - a little moodier with a low keylight creating long shadows.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent, and once again, HEADER!!!!!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Rich I would not hold your breath mate.
    It at this rate it not going to happen which is a shame.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    This is awesome... I used to have this LEGO set! :D
    Freak wrote: »
    Rich I would not hold your breath mate.
    It at this rate it not going to happen which is a shame.

I know, a mod hasnt even posted in this thread since page 1.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    stonky your work is just outstanding and I agree with Rich that this should be HEADERED
    Thanks all, much appreciated. :)
    Update!

attachment.php?attachmentid=59281&stc=1&d=1224457839
    Very nice, the transparent yellow really sells it as real.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool work mate, a great thread which keeps getting better! :)
    Very Sweet work mate.

Comm'om Mod's and Admin, it time this thread got headed!!
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks stunning!

If I recall, I thought the wheel hubs were gray along with the pins that held them. Or at least mine were.
    I got the same wheels.
    On mine the centre bit is red if I recall. I guess they could have done black ones?
    Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I guess the wheel colors changed from kit to kit - they were black in this one.
    Experimenting with some new render and shader settings:

attachment.php?attachmentid=85996&stc=1&d=1288096849

More to come.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Holy s*&%! That is freakin epic! It looks so f@&^^&@ real! :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That looks totally photorealistic ! :thumb: It also seems that you got the LEGO part on each stud - not everyone manages to do that well. Keep it up !
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    looks fantastic but what's different? I thought your shading and rendering was pretty spot on originally
    IRML wrote: »
    looks fantastic but what's different? I thought your shading and rendering was pretty spot on originally

Legitimate energy conservation, better sampling, etc. although I just noticed something that I should have done - more to come as I continue to work through the X-Wing. :)

Thanks all!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    WOW ... cool stuff!
    Very Nice
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Dude, forget the x wing. Build the Spearhead from Jim Spaceborn's comic book. :)

These meshes, tres pretty.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    That has just put a real big smile on my face. Cheers. It's awesome work. :)

One nitpick with the rocket transport though, and I'm only saying it because I was once given this advice and it's stuck with me for some reason. The wheels are currently all lined up perfectly in their original orientation - so the fact it's CG and likely a copy/paste job is apparent. However, if you put a random rotation on each one it'll give it that little bit more.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Tell the truth, stonky: you're just taking pictures of your kids LEGOs and passing them off as digital artwork, aren't you? ;)

I really like how your flat pieces have that extra ledge at the bottom that allows you to get your fingernail under them, just like the real ones! Superbly done.
    Thanks all!

@Armondikov: agreed, if I ever get back into that model I'll adjust the tires, I guess it just slipped my mind. :)

@LockeFP: thanks, I don't know how I'd ever get the flat pieces apart if it weren't for that ledge (you know, other than using my teeth LOL!)

@Dannage: I had to google the Spearhead - that's one big ship!

There are an alarming number of pieces on this version of the X-Wing that I haven't encountered before that I'm having to model as new pieces so I'm plugging away...
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    Keep at it dude! I know when I was making the UCS I had a number of pieces I had no idea how to model. Looking great. I'm really envious of your shaders.
    You're too kind. :) I loved the work that you did on the UCS, all of your hard work definitely paid off.

A little more work (some of the pieces need some adjustment, but you get the idea):

attachment.php?attachmentid=86094&stc=1&d=1288593074
    A little more work:

attachment.php?attachmentid=86111&stc=1&d=1288708392
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    You should work for the Lego Instruction Book Compilers. Although, if this is the very first version of the Lego X-Wing, there are some parts on yours that hadn't even existed yet.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.