Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClassic Space Lego - Galaxy Explorer WIP

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    wow ... looks like a photo! grat work

is this x-wing one you can buy or is it made from your imagination? (sorry for my english)

Chris :)
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Thanks, and yes, it's an existing lego kit. I don't think that it's the first lego X-wing - I think that it originally came out in 2006 and is in re-release now.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Hmm . I don't like it. It's too bulky.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Hmm . I don't like it. It's too bulky.

Duly noted. :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Hey Terry! What have you been up to man?

You ever get time to work on that at-at of yours?
    Yup, the AT-AT still marches on. :)

Small update:

attachment.php?attachmentid=86131&stc=1&d=1288787240
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Wow. For a second I thought you had posted a pic of the real LEGOs you were using as reference. Outstanding realism in this...just great. :)
    Thank you! Work continues, I'll post asap! :)

ps. I know that the "lights" on the front of the wings are supposed to be clear, I'm still working through a shading issue :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Some very nice work there.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    do you have to build the pieces from scratch? or do you have access to a library of them
    Thank you!

As I build more and more of the pieces, I have more and more of the in the library from which I can reference and just position. Some of the pieces that I'm using here are the originals from 4 years ago, and the basic stud geometry and layout etc. hasn't changed - any of the new pieces that I have to create fit the original template, which makes building the new pieces fairly straightforward.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That X wing model looks like a real scanned model :D (although it would probably be more expensive to scan an object at that resolution). I'm sure that the finished mesh could very well land on the LEGO box and no one would notice. Anyway, looking forward to what you do next !
    Thank you!

A little more work:

attachment.php?attachmentid=86195&stc=1&d=1289222350
    Very cool. Have you modelled all the peaces or are you making then as you need them?
    Thank you, I've been making them as I need them, and some of the more unique pieces already attached still need a little detail work work.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    This project is astounding. So damn real . . .

About the pieces, those swivel hinges: shouldn't the one for the bottom be hollow, so the pin can fit down in it?
    LockeFP wrote: »
    About the pieces, those swivel hinges: shouldn't the one for the bottom be hollow, so the pin can fit down in it?

Thank you, and yes, you're right, but I'm not modeling what we won't see (lies, I know :) ). The pieces that don't have their top surfaces exposed don't have studs either.
    A little progress:
    wow ... nice progress! looks great!
    Thank you!
    Coming along nicely.
    Thank you. :) I'm hoping to get a bunch of the more unique pieces done soon.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Very, very nice. :thumb: I love how real the pieces look.
    I love that LEGO stuff
    stonky wrote: »
    Thank you. :) I'm hoping to get a bunch of the more unique pieces done soon.

Look forward to seeing them.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work, I actually have that set.

Will you be doing Luke and R2?
    Definitely!

Thanks all, I thought it would be fun to recreate some of the famous movie stills from the Yavin hanger in ANH, ie:
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Still looking good after all this time. I played around with my own version of a LEGO ship in Blender, may have to revisit it and see what I can do; however,right now I'm trying to get my carrier finished, finally. Keep up the great work, looking forward to more.
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Nice work on the space explorer and keep it up with the Star Wars Lego Set 6212 X-Wing.

Yeah I kinda cheated building mine in MLCad but it is cool none the less.
    Here they are in click-able thumbnails.

th_TieFighter1.png th_6212X-Wing1Legalized.png th_6212X-Wing2Legalized.png th_6212X-Wing3Legalized.png
    th_6212X-Wing4Legalized.png th_Yourwickidmanager1.png The last one is a bit of a joke picture that I have done and the first one had me a little bit on the Tied Up side =P

Enjoy

th_1249398559m_splash.jpg Fin!