Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    To tell you the truth I hate the original design of the ship but you make it more bearable :D The details are awesome , as always :thumb:
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Just so no one thinks I've abandoned this one.
    More textures. The side of the hull and forward section are coming along.
    338.jpg
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    great looking ship and nice textures. do you create the textures for the entire ship (uv map) or is it seperate .ie uv map wings then texture then move onto the body etc.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, that one went far... Nice.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    The textures makes a BIG difference to her. Well executed! :)
    great looking ship and nice textures. do you create the textures for the entire ship (uv map) or is it seperate .ie uv map wings then texture then move onto the body etc.
    Each section has it's own texture and UV.
    UPDATE...
    Well the textures for the front of the ship is being kind of a pain so I thought I take a turn doing the wing support structure.
    I'm still unsure about how beat up I want the bottom of the ship. I think it should be a real mess.
    339.jpg
    340.jpg
    341.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    unable to access SFM....X is there a alternate location that I may get a looksee?
    never mind............lookin good mate
    Sorry I didn't get back to you about that. Been a little busy.
    UPDATE...
    I added some more to the wing support and I'm almost happy with the result. I've also started on the textures for the underside of the wing. What litle you can see is just the start.
    342.jpg
    Here is a bigger shot. The other wing is temp I just wanted to see what it looks like with both wings textured.
    343.jpg
    The last two pics are just for fun to see how it would look landed. And it looks like a squashed bug.:D I still like it. Ignore the textures on the other wing I do plan on modifying them so they don't look the same.
    344.jpg
    345.jpg
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    like what I have said in the 3d sci-fi or At least I hope that I have said this... It looks very good and is something on the new side rather than the traditional dish and nacelle configuration
    Thst is sh%% Hot X
    Amazing job both on the model and the textures :thumb: It looks a bit like a toy now :D Can I find it in Toys R Us ? :shiner:
    UPDATE...
    More Cardassian goodness.
    I made cut outs on the side of the ship for greebles.
    I also decided to make the spikeas at the back kind of look like the cut outs on the outer rim of DS9. I also added aft disrupters. Two more vents added to the botom of the ship to match the one on top.
    346.jpg
    347.jpg
    348.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Nice detailing, it's all starting to come together. You can put together some cool scenes when you have them all sorted :)
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Fozz once agian more praise from me. The cutouts on the spike fit rather well, make it look more Cardy. I so cant wait to see some scenes with these models!
    UPDATE..
    The ship is now officialy infested with greeebles.
    349.jpg
    350.jpg
    351.jpg
    And a close up of some minor detail done to the aft disrupters.
    352.jpg
    Nice work.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Fine Work!
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    :eek!::eek!::eek!::eek!:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UPDATE...
    Getting around to working on the textures for the front of the ship and the bottom.
    As you can see I have an ugly seam where the the lower and side textures meet.
    353.jpg
    I think in the second picture I might have found a way to lessen that seam by useing a blend material.
    355.jpg
    354.jpg
    I'm still working on these so I haven't dirtied them up as much as I would like to.
    These things are kicking my ass. I hate textures.
    I think that everyone prefers to model and to texture :) Anyway, you're doing a great job with both. The connection between the textures in the second and third pic is almost unnoticeable - you can leave it as it is now (in my opinion) :thumb:
    UPDATE...
    Since I think I've gotten over the hump of those stupid seams I feel better about moving forward.
    I've started the textures for the upper part of the bridge. I have to dent, scratch and scrape it up a bit more. :D
    356.jpg
    357.jpg
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    I'm really digging the textures Dude. And the modeling. Great job, :thumb:.
    I like it.
  • FireballFireball331 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work man.
    Great stuff you wont even mirror the textures on the wings :p
    Dedication at it's best lol
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    impressive as usual Fozz.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm so glad that this very cool, but often over looked design is getting the attention it deserves. The modeling was already great and the texturing is just as good.