Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Yeah, cut the poor guy some slack.:confused:
    Oh wait, never mind.:thumb:
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Quick! Somebody help that blue guy outside the ship. :)

Love the Cardassian ship.
    Why is everyone so worried about that lazy bastard. If he did his job right I wouldn't have put him out there.:lol:

Here is a look at another new ship that I've blocked in. I wanted to do something with a ball instead of a saucer. It's slightly influenced by Crushers ship from All Good Things but it is not a medical/science ship.
    433.jpg
    434.jpg
  • Monkey BoyMonkey Boy0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, thats a, umm, ballsey choice!
    hanging the sphere down rather than poping up, you realise you are just asking for this ship to be compared to a scrotum?

The U.S.S Phallus, perhaps? :lol:

[Edit: Gee, the saucer-separation sequence would make most guys wince! We'd all sit there watching with our legs crossed! :D]
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    You're a jerk. :lol:
  • BeomooseBeomoose171 Posts: 0Member
    Pay no attention to the above, I think that looks like a great concept and I look forward to seeing it progress.
    Aresius wrote: »
    You're a jerk. :lol:

@Aresius: Cum on now, this isn't the word association thread in general discussions! :lol:

[Edit:] In all seriousness - I think the secondary hull needs a shape change, or a major revamp to the primary/secondary interface region.
    I still hold that that underside view looks *very* iffy! - although, at least the sphere is at the front, not at the back. - Right - I'm off to see my psycologist now - as I'm sure all this says more about me than it does about you!!!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Nice model, as always :D The top view is great but the second one is a bit strange. I designed a few low-poly Daedalus-like ships for Ent Season 5 and I have no idea how to deal with the sphere hull because there's always an angle that makes the ship look strange. I will see what ideas you will come up with and ... uh ... well, good luck with the ship :p
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    :X It indeed has a very... familiar look. I'd make it double hulled or something like that, with the hulls above another instead of next to eachother...
    Yes after I did the second pic I realized what some people might think it looks like. All these shapes are just blocked in and doesn't mean the final shapes will look the same.
    And no I wont change the positions of the hulls, I have a specific design idea that I want to try and making it a double hulled ship will not work.
    Hopefully by the time I finish with this thing it won't look like anything other than a starship.:D
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Yes after I did the second pic I realized what some people might think it looks like. All these shapes are just blocked in and doesn't mean the final shapes will look the same.
    And no I wont change the positions of the hulls, I have a specific design idea that I want to try and making it a double hulled ship will not work.
    Hopefully by the time I finish with this thing it won't look like anything other than a starship.:D

That's cool - after all, the top view *does* look very intriging - I would not for one moment suggest abandoning the idea.
    I'm sure some detailing will eliminate the image I currently have from below

Just remembering what was said when they were designing the Ent:E ....
    It was a really nice design, Herman liked it, and we presented it to Rick Berman. He liked it too. Halfway through our designs on that version, Fritz Zimmerman looked at the ship from the top and said, "Hey It looks like a chicken!" And from the moment he said that, the design was cursed. Sometimes you get so close to your own work, you need an objective party to warn you when it starts looking like a chicken.

Well, that's what we are here for! :thumb:
    UPDATE...
    Started to play with some windows. I don't know how happy I am with them so I might redo them.
    442.jpg
    443.jpg
    wow. That's wonderful.
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Keep up the good work!
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    where? Oh I see em....................just Kidden.....
    UPDATE...
    I thought I'd go back to the U.S.S. Soval real fast and do a table for the conference room/ready room. That black circular thing is a holoprojector.
    The first pic shows the table with the chairs pushed in.
    454.jpg
    The second pic shows the chairs pulled out.
    455.jpg
    The last pic shows what it looks like from the outside.
    456.jpg
    wow, that's a massive thing. Uncommon design.

But sweet. :thumb:
  • J.WildeJ.Wilde0 Posts: 0Member
    I really admire the cleverness of that table/chairs, but I think it might be too clever by half: how does one pull out a chair that's flush into the table? It looks like you can work your fingers into that gap at the top of the chair, but unless those chairs are light as feathers and the carpet doesn't give you too much grief, you won't look too suave doing it...
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I was thinking the exact same thing! hehe. Looks great though :thumb:
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    They're probably fitted with a spring catch. Pushing the chair in disengages the catch and the internal spring pushes the chair out sufficiently to grasp the back and pull it all the way out.
  • moebiusmoebius0 Posts: 0Member
    Started reading this thread two and a half hours ago... amazing design development and awesome modeling skills... superb textures as well. I was busy modeling stuff, but that stalled as I was going through all the posts and image updates. The amount of detail was inspirational... but now I'm simply overwhelmed.

I was thinking to do an original ship design, but somehow I don't feel like it anymore. Seems more fun to follow the development here. :)

Cheers! — Moe
    I'm gonna try to get back to work on these ships. I'm gonna start out by fleshing the Claymore out a little bit more. I'm probably going to change the name. I'll also make a few design changes because FASA's design is a little too TOS like.

UPDATE...
    I've added two pics that I'm basing things off of. Sorry for the crappy pics but it's the best I could do.
    PB260016.jpg
    PB260017.jpg
    I decided to start with the back of the warp engine.
    513.jpg
    I'm still not sure what role this will play. I don't know if this will be an explorer or some kind of mobile duckblind. At first I thought that big thing hanging off the bottom of the ship would be a solar sail but it could also be a type of super sensor.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, this is a thread for the ages... amazing work, from start to finish. :)

About your latest ship -- maybe it could be some sort of dedicated science vessel; it orbits super close to a planet so the giant fin on the bottom dips into the atmosphere and takes detailed readings.
  • J.Wilde wrote: »
    I really admire the cleverness of that table/chairs, but I think it might be too clever by half: how does one pull out a chair that's flush into the table? It looks like you can work your fingers into that gap at the top of the chair, but unless those chairs are light as feathers and the carpet doesn't give you too much grief, you won't look too suave doing it...

im sure starfleet would have some kind of electronic system to get them out
    Elowan wrote: »
    They're probably fitted with a spring catch. Pushing the chair in disengages the catch and the internal spring pushes the chair out sufficiently to grasp the back and pull it all the way out.

Elowan pretty much hit it on the head. Either that or the chairs can move on there own when the room senses someone has entered.
    UPDATE...
    I've gotten a good amount of work done. A few bits and pieces including warp grills and the ever dependable scale guy.
    514.jpg
    515.jpg
    I'm still not sure about the size of the ship but right know it's about the size of an Oberth class ship.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    As usual Im awe struck!
    UPDATE...
    More work done on the warp engine. And a little bit done on what will become the Nav deflector.

I didn't know what I was going to do about Bussard collectors but I think I figured it out. I like it so i'm gonna keep it.
    516.jpg
    517.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    That's a unique spin on things! I like it :thumb::cool:
    Now that's a peculiar way.

Sweet idea.