Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    ok this is prolly the closest to a bad comment that I have made about your work, I love the texture, execpt there is one angle, looking up at the engine the weathering looks plastic to me not metal. every other angle looks real good though.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    No such thing as a bad comment if it can improve the work.
    What part of the engine looks plastic? The black part or the brownish part?
  • trooper_211trooper_2110 Posts: 0Member
    That looks fantastic. Very realistic and accurate for a battle "experienced" vessel. :thumb:

That Cardassian ship looks very interesting. Have you worked out specifications or histories for either of these ships?
    Fozz its the grey part where it looks like paint has chipped away.
    Well when the light hits those sections right it's looks like bare metal more than when it is in a shadow like it is in most of the pictures.
    I'm happy with the look since I only did it as an experiment. I'm surprised it turned out even close to the way I thought it might.
    Textures for the cowl are done.
    319-1.jpg
    320-1.jpg
    That looks fantastic. Very realistic and accurate for a battle "experienced" vessel. :thumb:

That Cardassian ship looks very interesting. Have you worked out specifications or histories for either of these ships?

I usually don't bother getting that deep into it. I just make them and them maybe come up details about them when I finish.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow the textures are really amazing Rob :D I can't wait to see the whole ship finished.
    Just one nitpics - the textured parts stand out too much :p Finish the rest immediately :D
    Wow the textures are really amazing Rob :D I can't wait to see the whole ship finished.
    Just one nitpics - the textured parts stand out too much :p Finish the rest immediately :D
    I'm surprised it's going along as fast as it is. Textures take forever usually.
    For those wondering what the Bajoran writing says. It just says "My Ship." :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    sweet work.
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    I'm surprised it's going along as fast as it is. Textures take forever usually.
    For those wondering what the Bajoran writing says. It just says "My Ship." :D

That's why don't texture my models unless I really need to :lol: You're going REALLY fast with this. I was going to ask about the writing but I forgot :p That's pretty cool also. What kind of font did you use ?
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Magnific!!
    That's why don't texture my models unless I really need to :lol: You're going REALLY fast with this. I was going to ask about the writing but I forgot :p That's pretty cool also. What kind of font did you use ?
    The font is Bajoran.
    Starship wrote: »
    Magnific!!
    Thank you.
    ok on the cowl it look more like bare metal to me
    UPDATE...
    More textures. Work on the spine of the ship is nearly done.
    321-1.jpg
    322-1.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The middle raised section looks a bit too uniform and grid-like... but in general those are FANTASTIC textures. Awesome work man.
    It's based off the look in the DS9 tech manual so I'm good with it.
    UPDATE...
    More textures. Some on the main hull and some on the wings. They still need a few tweaks here and there.
    323-1.jpg
    324-1.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice.
    What's that signet again?
    Neither the Marquis nor the Circle, that I know..
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Looks like a early quake symbol yeah?
    Looks like a messed up Power Button (I/0) to me :lol:
    Anyway, the textures are superb, as always :)
    Oh and about the font, I thought it's something more "typical", like a crazy Vivaldi font or something :D
    It's the symbol of the Bajoran Militia.
    I couldn't help it I blocked in another ship.
    This is a Vulcan ship based on the ones seen in the TNG episodes Unification.
    This is a much larger ship, about the same size as a Romulan Warbird.
    325-1.jpg
    326-1.jpg
    UPDATE..
    Decided to take a week off from texturing and get some work done on the Cardassian ship.
    327-1.jpg
    328-1.jpg
    329-1.jpg
    im awed everytime I see your thread
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    More bits and pieces have been added. I plan on adding several modified details from the Galor class.
    330-1.jpg
    331-1.jpg
    332-1.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Didn't get a chance to post these over the weekend because I wasn't home. Too busy seeing a kick ass concert.:D
    Shots of the the two cargo bays. At least that's what I'm calling them. The only image of this ship that I have to work on is a top view so all the othe view details I have to make up.
    333.jpg
    334.jpg
    Just another top view.
    335.jpg
    Shots of the back. I rebuilt the flux chiller thing. And I'm detailing the spikes. Also added an upper sensor pallet. I'm beginning to add things not in the original design because it is too simple.
    336.jpg
    337.jpg
    What are the cut out areas on the end of those spikes going to end up being?
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good there fuzzi-bootie.:thumb::p
    kborak wrote: »
    What are the cut out areas on the end of those spikes going to end up being?
    Probably nothing. It just looks better than a flat surface. I might drop a small greeble in there.
    Elowan wrote: »
    Looking good there fuzzi-bootie.:thumb::p
    Thank you.