Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• toXictoXic0 Posts: 0Member
    christianS wrote: »
    Bajor :)

... ah... i see...
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    That's the base color I'm gonna use when I texture this thing.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Dude your work is stunning, just like always :D I don't know what more I can say ... just continue doing your ships :thumb:
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Here you can see some basic textures for the engines and an idea to fill in a spot on the wing supports. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do anything here or not.
    299-1.jpg
    I've done the windows for the bridge. I'll keep the black because I don't want to spend time on doing a full interior for it. I wanted this ship to be simple and not spend too much time on it. It also includes some details on the wing.
    300-1.jpg
    Here is a closer view of it.
    301-1.jpg
    Here is a bottom view.
    302-1.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Impressive work.
    Thank you.
    Wow this one certainly turned out to be a different ship than I expected...at first I thought that it will be a small blocky ship with no wings or anything like that ... great work (as always) ! :thumb:
    UPDATE...
    Trying to finish the modelling on this thing.
    There's a few more details on the wings. Some minor work on the upper bridge section. I also rebuilt the phaser cannons. It's now made up of only two objects instead of the many I had used before. I also decided to round the tip of the barrel.
    305-1.jpg
    Close up of the new cannon.
    306-1.jpg
    On the underside I've added more details to the bridge. I've also added 6 small landing thrusters to the back of the ship.
    307-1.jpg
    I've got another freelance job so I don't know when I'll get a chance to work on this or my other ships.
  • FireballFireball331 Posts: 0Member
    Very very nice...one question though, what are you using as the images in the windows?
    I swear I think I can see the Constitution bridge, but my eyes could be fooling me.
    Once again very nice work, look forward to seeing more updates :)
    That's exactly what it is. They are temp for now.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    LOL, now it's pointed out, it's staring me in the face. I wondered what you'd used as well. I really look forward to seeing this textured. I've always been fond of the design and I can only remember ever seeing one other model, and that was really low poly.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I LOVE this variation on the Bajoran raider.
    Thank you.
    Those interior textures are actually from the Alternate Universe episode from Enterprise.
    UPDATE...
    I've finished the underside of the wing and the wing support.
    308-1.jpg
    A close up of the wing suppport.
    309-1.jpg
    Now All I have to do is the upper wing and finish the docking port.
    Nice update.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    This is turning out really nice! It should look wicked with some texturing and surfacing. Other than some subtle detailing here and there, I would say this is just about done! :)

You should build some very basic interiors for this, and light them properly. Why not, it's not exactly big! :)
    I don't have any references for Bajoran ship interiors and i don't want to get bogged down in doing them. I just want to get this little ship done and out of my wip folder so I can get back to one of my other ships.
    UPDATE...
    With the exception of a few tweaks I feel the build on this is done. On to the textures.
    What fun,:cry:
    310-1.jpg
    311-1.jpg
    312-1.jpg
    sweet work.
    Left wing is not finisheed !!1!1 :runs:
    Nah, seriously, very good job indeed :D I really like how you model all of the details and retain the smoothness of the ship ... usually when I model panels or some other stuff on the surface of a ship I get some errors ... keep up the good work :D
    Have you thought about doing something more akin to the way I am building surfaces on Pluto station? Subdivide the surface into panels, and surface them all slightly differently? Would help with the trickier areas!
    Left wing is not finisheed !!1!1 :runs:
    Nah, seriously, very good job indeed :D I really like how you model all of the details and retain the smoothness of the ship ... usually when I model panels or some other stuff on the surface of a ship I get some errors ... keep up the good work :D
    I get errors as well. I spend a lot of time going back and fixing them.
    tobian wrote: »
    Have you thought about doing something more akin to the way I am building surfaces on Pluto station? Subdivide the surface into panels, and surface them all slightly differently? Would help with the trickier areas!
    With this ship I'm happy with the panels as they've turned out. The trickier bits are all done.
    UPDATE..
    I've started on the textures.
    313-1.jpg
    314-1.jpg
    So far I'm happy with the results.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Looks pretty good to me, but what are those red areas above the thrusters?
    ditto
    Looks pretty good to me, but what are those red areas above the thrusters?
    To tell you the truth, I don't know.:D
    Looks like the lesser spotted light leak to me :) The texturing looks cracking! :) Great start.
    UPDATE...
    The textures for the main reactor are finished. Yes I used the same texture for the top as I did for the bottom of it since it is hardly seen because of the cowl that covers it.
    315-1.jpg
    316-1.jpg
    317-1.jpg
    I little bit of a scale pic with my cardassian ship.
    318-1.jpg
  • vividevolutionvividevolution171 CA. USAPosts: 26Member
    Great work!