Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice one!!
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    vsd13.jpg
    vsd14.jpg
    vsd15.jpg
  • grifxogrifxo0 Posts: 0Member
    awesome sauce.
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    I love this. Very sleek.
    vsd16.jpg
    vsd17.jpg
    vsd18.jpg
    vsd19.jpg
    vsd20.jpg
    vsd21.jpg
    vsd22.jpg
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    It looks great - really liking this design so far! :thumb:
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    I know (now) that you use the sensor globes as a meter-stick for knowing how big or small your ships are, but, have you considered moving them partially 'into' the top of the bridge tower? Sort of like a sunken pit on the top of the tower for each one? Then they wouldn't quite look so over-sized for the tower.

*rubs head sheepishly*

Sorry Fractal, I know its just me doing 'IMHO nitpicky blahblah' stuff, but its really looking odd. Its just especially jarring to me visually as outside of those, I absolutely love the 'sleek' version of the bridge tower, which to me screams 'speed'.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Barricade wrote: »
    I know (now) that you use the sensor globes as a meter-stick for knowing how big or small your ships are, but, have you considered moving them partially 'into' the top of the bridge tower? Sort of like a sunken pit on the top of the tower for each one? Then they wouldn't quite look so over-sized for the tower.

*rubs head sheepishly*

Sorry Fractal, I know its just me doing 'IMHO nitpicky blahblah' stuff, but its really looking odd. Its just especially jarring to me visually as outside of those, I absolutely love the 'sleek' version of the bridge tower, which to me screams 'speed'.

I was going to suggest precisely the same thing. Sorry, but those globes still just look like massive googly eyes - the last reaction you want to incite amongst Rebels when your big-ass honking ship arrives in orbit is one of uncontrollable laughter!
  • publiusrpubliusr551 Posts: 1,749Member
    To me--this is cooler than the ISDs themselves.
    publiusr wrote: »
    To me--this is cooler than the ISDs themselves.

Agreed. Due to the thinner hull and aggressive bridge layout (how it juts forwards so far) I get a 'hot rod' feeling from it. One of those speedster type units that barrels ahead, only to pause just long enough to unleash a massive volley, then floors it to get the hell out of the ensuing chaos.
  • BigTBigT192 Posts: 97Member
    It's always a really great pleasure to see your work!
    These models will be the reference for an eternity and bear witness to an infinitely great passion and mastery.
    Here's a new concept I've been playing with. Sectors of space in Star Wars have enormous numbers of systems to patrol. We see probe droids being used to blanket recon planets in TESB, but I think there's a gap for persistent ISTAR craft; small ships could do it but it doesn't seem like a very efficient use of trained manpower. Droids are perfect for this - long endurance, low logistical requirements, fully expendable if they find something dangerous. Jump into a system, passive scan, line up on another system, do it again until fuel gets low.

So here's a droid probe ship concept, roughly shuttle/transport sized, mounting individual sensor elements from a star destroyer sensor dome, wrapped around a reactor and sensor processing core.

probe4.jpg
    probe5.jpg
    probe1.jpg
    probe2.jpg
    probe3.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Interesting concept.

I'm curious how it will look finished. :)
    This is pretty much done:

probe6.jpg
    probe7.jpg
    probe8.jpg
    Another one. Idea was for a scout/EW ship. Built for a 3DWorld tutorial that'll come out ~November. Calling it Indictor-class

ew_crv6.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    That baby must have a damn huge thrust!
    some really interesting details on this thing. particularly how the con tower structure has supports under it.

that droid ship looks really cool too.
    Another one. Idea was for a scout/EW ship. Built for a 3DWorld tutorial that'll come out ~November. Calling it Indictor-class

ew_crv6.jpg

I must have watched too much Gunbuster lately, because I'm getting an Exelion vibe from that hull.

Which is all kinds of awesome.
    Barricade wrote: »
    I must have watched too much Gunbuster lately, because I'm getting an Exelion vibe from that hull.

Which is all kinds of awesome.

That is hilariously convergent design. I'd never seen that ship before.
    vsd23.jpg
    vsd24.jpg
    vsd25.jpg
    vsd26.jpg
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    The speed you crank these out never ceases to amaze me, Ansel. Love the ISTAR droid. Under what scenario do the 'wings' fold up? I'm guessing it only deploys the wings/solar panels when it's moving/getting ready to move and folds them up when holding position in a system?

The opening missile launchers on the last one look great. Very cool. I do find myself wishing that the thickness of those panels was a little greater. I know scale is deceiving here, but they still look a little to thin and flimsy at the moment.
    that thing is gonna broadside the hell out of something.
    I thickened the missile hatches by 1m. Additions/modifications to internal area.

vsd27.jpg
    vsd28.jpg
    vsd29.jpg
  • MischaMischa0 Posts: 0Member
    Macross missile massacre... Imperial Style!
    Slightly modifying the old saying, after a lean pope, a fat pope (after the Indictor). And it doesn't get much fatter than an Imperial Star Manate...er, Galleon, the armed military transport. I'm taking from a couple different sources - it's a lot fatter than some, but not quite as wide as the Star Wars Rebellion version. Carrying capacity is pretty enormous despite its relatively small (~315m) size - depending on internal configuration 100+ AT-ATs.

stargalleon1.jpg
    stargalleon2.jpg
    stargalleon3.jpg
    stargalleon4.jpg
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

:shiner:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    oh i want to like that post but cant see an option to do so :(
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    How much of this is real geometry and how much are normal maps? Needless to say, amazing work.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    I14R10 wrote: »
    How much of this is real geometry and how much are normal maps? Needless to say, amazing work.

pretty sure he uses all geometry no normal maps at all
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Love the Galleon.Please give it sufficient firepower.After all it is an assault lander,wink,wink.