Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFalcon - Allied Hunter/Killer - The Detailing Continuums

• CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    you guys should see the size of the plane wash for this thing... here's a new wheel design. Also, I've rejigged the scale yet again so the whole ship is now about 65 meters long... mainly because this is the minimum size i need so a hyperdrone can both fit in the main ramp access and central corridor and also carry at least one pilot.
    69624.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Check out them rimmz!! Kidding, real spiffy design. They deffinantly look more advanced then what you previously had Steve....but the old ones looked cool too.
  • ColourbrandColourbrand0 Posts: 0Member
    F- ME!

Firefox on steroids!

brilliant!:thumb:
    cheers, yeh the new rims are a bit more blingin' than the old ones.;)

there are 36 wheels, and when given one level of subdivision they in total add several milllion to the poly count, fortunately they look fine at anything other than close range at level 0 (as shown in the attachment). possibly could be replaced with lower poly normal mapped wheels if they end up being a problem...
    69655.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Holy carp!
    This is one sexy beast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    God Damn. I love this. The wheels really add a touch of futurism that I felt was missing before
    thanks guys.. i think the wheels really set it off, they've got more detail in them than the other parts of the model. problem with detailing is that i never wanna stop;) been thinking for the colour and material, maybe a blue diffuse kinda semi gloss for the upper part and the bare metal for the lower. how its lit and reflecting the sky, it kinda looks like that anyway.
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    I feel like I may have said this before, but that is one sexy ship.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Digging what I see so far. You gonna finish that missile up top?
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    This is awesome stuff. I really like how the textures are coming out.
    Tovette wrote: »
    Digging what I see so far. You gonna finish that missile up top?

yep, it'll look more like a cruise missile, ie not round.

still to do:

missiles
    interior detailing and texturing
    landing gear detailing and texturing
    engines- detailing/redux...
    panelling on stern + unwrapping
    nosecone, poss redo
    rcs, redo
    extra defensive deployable weapons
    countermeasures systems
    hyperdrone launcher design, detailing, texturing
    lots of texturing tweaks incl artwork (nose/tail art), markings, etc.

thanks for the support, guys:)
  • EdwardEdward0 Posts: 0Member
    Aww man... this site has so much cool stuff I'm having trouble.. actually grasping it all.

Sorry if you mentioned the answer to this question earlier, but I haven't been able to read through all 60 pages of posts. What exactly is this aircraft used for? Is it some sort of huge aerospace fighter? And how large is she? You were comparing it to a Boeing I think earlier on, and I saw you designed it to be able to land.

Aside for that, these are incredible. I encourage you to keep drawing and making these things, if only to increase the average level of coolness in the universe. I mean damn... those shiny textures are awesome! At first glance they look like pictures of a real thing.

Really man, keep up the good work.
    For its size its about 65m long, or roughly as big as serenity from firefly. Its intended for combat around bodies with atmosphere, mars, venus and defense of earth.

here's a new nozzle. multiple petal design maintains higher efficiency with differing thrust levels or dynamic pressure changes.
    69872.jpg
  • nova1701dmsnova1701dms331 Posts: 0Member
    Great job Coolhand! Tough looking.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Looks high tech bro...eh cant think of anything else to say at the moment. High tech=cool/good imo.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Man, that's a gorgeous metal shade you've got going there. Supoib!
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Steve, I see your work remains truly outstanding...while you find things to criticize on your projects (you say you don't like the thermal materials, etc) the rest of us just have to sit here and drool on our keyboards.
    often for me, building a model is more like fixing up a huge list of things i dont like esp in the later stages of the build;) Thanks to you all.:)
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Coolhand wrote: »
    often for me, building a model is more like fixing up a huge list of things i dont like esp in the later stages of the build;) Thanks to you all.:)

I know that problem only too well... ;) But nevertheless your model is outstanding not only in my eyes. :)
    thanks mate.

I think someone was pestering me for interiors some time ago. here's the start of a corridor... based on something i built for the airlock challenge a while ago.
    70713.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    the ceiling looks crooked... Nice job though...
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the view is crooked, not the actual ceiling.

Great work as usual.
    nothing is 'crooked' but the wide angle lens distorts the edges.

here, the corridor appears to bend to the left, but its just an illusion.

glad you guys like it.
    70721.jpg
    efritsch wrote: »
    I think the view is crooked, not the actual ceiling.

Indeed crooked view!

Looks great! How'd you do the pipe dealys?
    they're just splines with a gradient ramp applied to the bump slot and tiled. I'd displace them if i could spare the render time but that last pic took 25mins on its own and there's no textures yet even.
  • backsteptbackstept2392 Posts: 974Member
    I haven't looked in on this thread in a while . . . shame on me
    this is really amazing, man :thumb:
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    ^ Same here.

Very nice work on that corridor.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I want blaster scorch marks!! :p
    thanks mates, i'm pleased with it so far (apart from render times) the corridor will look a lot nicer with some textures.
    Interesting