Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFalcon - Allied Hunter/Killer - The Detailing Continuums

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    maybe detach the (handle-bar) a bit more from the wall.
    so in case of gravity faillure its easier to grab while floating arround.

maybe even you could add that moving thing they have in the gundam ships corridors, to move oneself while in weightless...
  • CoolhandCoolhand289 Mountain LairPosts: 1,298Member
    i've been working on a small prototype of a model of a fusion reactor, thought it might make a nice core to the engine room... not that there is an engine room yet;)
    73150.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Now that is cool, Different and cool!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah I agree :D It's pure awesomeness ! :thumb: One of the coolest piece of tech I've seen recently.
  • PipPip171 Posts: 0Member
    That's really sweet.:cool:

Although I must say that when I saw the new thumbnail, I thought it was a (space) naval mine. :D
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    same I thought that to, best image ive seen in weeks is the hot you have got of the ship with the gear and ramp down make sure when its all done you do a full size shot of the same thing!
    Awesome!
    Btw is there a particular reason your doing the interior? Do you plan to animate, just wondering cos I dont think ive seen you do one before?
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    thats the whormhole drive from the event horizon !

coool
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    That's cool - Cool' :thumb::p
  • KilminsterKilminster0 Posts: 0Member
    Well, better design the engines first and the engine room later. Otherwise you might be surprised when there's not enough room.:D

I like it. Looks believable!
  • StarshipStarship482 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,998Member
    Steve, youA’re out of concour... totally!! Perfect work, one more time. :thumb:
    As I already said you before, IA’m waiting for you to publish a book, like the old ones about TTA (S. Caldwell). IA’ll be between the first ones to buy one of these books, for sure! ;)
    thanks guys, the design is essentially a shell for a 12 sided "polywell" type fusion reactor, the spikes around the outside are basically the "fuel injectors" to put it simply... i think this would be the main power reactor (there would probably be 2 or 3 of these in-line) which is used to power the 'open' reactors that form the core of the interplanetary drives.

I'm also going to make this as a closed mesh to make physical copies from - separating along the seam line you can see in the pic to reveal the actual reactor core inside. make a nice display item for my desk, and if anyones interested, they'll be available to anyone who wants a physical copy.:)
    liam887 wrote: »
    Btw is there a particular reason your doing the interior? Do you plan to animate, just wondering cos I dont think ive seen you do one before?

i've made animations, i maybe once a year or so i'll make about 20-30 seconds worth. Have a look in the 3d gallery, you might find a couple. assuming they weren't culled in the recent server move.:)
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a polywell focused fusion reactor. Cool!
    here's a rough out of how the core sits inside...
    73196.jpg
  • PipPip171 Posts: 0Member
    Good god man - you're really going the Matryoshka way with this model aren't you?

Core inside reactor, reactor inside engineroom, engineroom at end of hallway, hallway inside etc. :eek:
    Very interesting.
    here's another little companion vessel for it, just a quickie again like the hyperdrone. might build it into the ship like a "captains yacht" type deal from trek.
    73327.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Wow.....

That is cool
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice but the top the engine intakes are a bit weird and boxy though...
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    I like it goes well with the mothership.
    thanks for the comments, here's a bit more and another angle... note the changed vertical surfaces and some small cannons.
    73362.jpg
    Now that is cool. A captains yacht type craft correct?
    only so far as in i'd like it embedded in the mothership rather than hidden away inside.
    Ah, I see...

Its an excellent looking craft. If I had a crit it would be that this ship is more real world looking than the big craft. But then again- the small ships purpose could very well dictate that overall look. So its no big thing. Can you do a side-on render in the future?
    post 619 shows it pretty much from the side, though slightly different.
    embedded is good but doesnt that leave it somewhat exposed, as the outer hull of this little craft is exposed to whatever stresses and strains the bigger ship is exposed to can it take the same punishment? Maybe some sort of ablative armor that folds over it when its docked? But im sure itll look F**cking cool when your done so feel free to ignore me lol
    i'm sure they'd both be built to deal with the same stresses... its possble even that the smaller craft is tougher than similar sized pieces of hull around it.

here's a basic tricycle landing gear rough out. mains retract outward, front retracts back.
    73365.jpg
    looks pretty sweet, is it maybe a sort of midget fighter like the USAF proposed in the 50's&60's where a small parasite fighters would be carried by the B-36http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:McDonnell_XF-85_Goblin_USAF.jpg's for the anti fighter role?
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I like it's shape. Looking good.