Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    We're not closed on the house yet, but things have calmed down for now. So here's one that's been on the back burner for a while - a Russian Knights themed Mk VII.
    53393.jpg
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice paintjob! Really suits the viper.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Nice jorb on the viper :) I've always been curious as to what kind of powerplant those things have. The vipers aren't really that big.
  • CanisDCanisD0 Posts: 0Member
    My guess would be some sort of fusion or fission powerplant. There was mention of rad buffers in the miniseries. Granted they needed fuel to operate in an atmosphere and a true nuclear powered craft wouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    B.J. wrote: »
    We're not closed on the house yet, but things have calmed down for now. So here's one that's been on the back burner for a while - a Russian Knights themed Mk VII.
    Looks great, B.J.! I'm hoping for Blue Angels and Thunderbirds themed Mk VIIs at some point in the future.
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    CanisD wrote: »
    My guess would be some sort of fusion or fission powerplant. There was mention of rad buffers in the miniseries. Granted they needed fuel to operate in an atmosphere and a true nuclear powered craft wouldn't.

might run a scram jet part of the time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Possibly. Hey, B.J., what's the next Mk VII going to be?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    B.J. I believe I saw some time back a sketch of a viper mkVII-E striker a two seater viper meant for bombing ops just like its brother the original mkVII the only changes was on the cockpit area with the two seats and the wings with cruise missle hardpoints I wish I had the sketch to send it but I would be most intrested in seeing this fighter-bomber with your style of art I'm already a fan of yours so it would be great to see this one
    Been *way* too long.....
    Had to do a couple in this camo scheme that I've been wanting to do for a while now.
    59893.jpg59894.jpg
  • Ali-SamaAli-Sama0 Posts: 0Member
    Been *way* too long.....
    Had to do a couple in this camo scheme that I've been wanting to do for a while now.
    very nice
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work, BJ! That Mk VII is classy-looking in that scheme.
  • miss deemiss dee0 Posts: 0Member
    I finally got around to finishing the stealth Viper, aka "Phantom". I actually scaled it down slightly, since originally it was around 10m long.

What happened to her top fin?
    Fantastic work btw
  • miss deemiss dee0 Posts: 0Member
    How about a B5 paint job
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Looking good. Kind of like an Army paint scheme or maybe marines.
  • mladen225mladen225171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good, would you make something with the Viper Mk6?
    miss dee wrote: »
    What happened to her top fin?
    Fantastic work btw
    What top fin? I didn't design one into the Phantom.
    mladen225 wrote: »
    Looks good, would you make something with the Viper Mk6?
    I'm not aware of any official MkVI.
    Something else I've wanted to do for a while - Racing Vipers! These few schemes are based (loosely) on existing air racers. I figured that in the 40(?) years since the last Cylon war, many Viper MkIIs got bought and repurposed as racing vehicles, much like many WWII era aircraft are being used now. The only modifications I've made to the body are removing the guns (of course), and putting in an access panel over the forward equipment bay to help smooth out the aerodynamics.
    59933.jpg
  • B.J. wrote: »
    Something else I've wanted to do for a while - Racing Vipers! These few schemes are based (loosely) on existing air racers. I figured that in the 40(?) years since the last Cylon war, many Viper MkIIs got bought and repurposed as racing vehicles, much like many WWII era aircraft are being used now. The only modifications I've made to the body are removing the guns (of course), and putting in an access panel over the forward equipment bay to help smooth out the aerodynamics.
    So these are the NBSG version of Unlimited racers like Rare Bear and Dago Red, right?
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    how about like some inday races
    Bossman wrote: »
    So these are the NBSG version of Unlimted racers like Rare Bear and Dago Red, right?
    Bingo!
  • Do you have any idea how these races would be organized and regulated?
  • backsteptbackstept2079 Posts: 927Member
    I'd imagine that viper races would look a lot like a cross between Air Racing and Drift Racing in space! (SPAAAAACEEEEE!)

now that would be a site to see :D

! . . . oh man I just realized that this would make a totally cool mod for BTRL(Diaspora)!!
    ooh! :D
  • Whatever. What's the next color scheme going to be?
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Dude youre back. I was afraid you had went the way of the dodo! Nice stuff as always B.J.
    Not Vipers themselves this time, but logos! :D The material available from the auction has been a real boon for references.
    61725.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    hey, BJ, where can I grab copies of the various vipers you've done up from?
    To get a *complete* list, you can get them all from this thread. But instead of searching through all the pages, you can click on the little paperclip icon for this thread in the 2D WIPs forum listing, and a window will pop up that lists all the attachments. Not all the attachments in this thread are mine, though.
    ok, possibly showing my occasional lack of intelligence here, what paperclip icon?
    never mind, found it.

*smacks self on forehead*