Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    BJ, do you by chance take requests?
    these are 3 of the clearest pics I've found for the colonial stealth star.
    61730.png61731.jpg61732.jpg
  • never mind, found it.

*smacks self on forehead*

Then perhaps you could enlighten me as to it's location?:confused:
    scroll to top of screen, click 2d wips(it's underlined, and a goldish color), then look for this thread, click the paperclip icon.
  • Thanks, XRaider. By the way, do I have permission to post the ships you did for me on DeviantART?
    refresh my memory, which ones did I do?

been crazy busy the last few weeks, so, memory is a bit off.
  • The CONSTELLATION, the TICONDEROGA, the VALLEY FORGE, the RANGER, Armored CAPRICA, Armored EXCALIBUR, and Armored FEARLESS.
    oh, sure, knock yourself out, just list me in the post under the credits is all I ask, and can you put up a link to your DA page?
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    I've got the first five of the squadron (?) badges done. I've had to guess at some shapes and colors, but overall it's pretty close.
    63045.png
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice Work B.J. Hope there are more commin'!
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awesome BJ.

The only inconsistency seems to be Primus squadron. The wall plague has a blue shield and banner, but on the actual Vipers, it's more of a maroon color.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Great Squadron patchs, BJ! Did you make them in illustrator??
    CO: Blue? It's purplish on all the reference pics I have, including the ones of the set decorations. Actually, I thought for a while that it was a dark red color.

Tovette: Nope, Corel Draw! (version 8, released 10 years ago)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    oh, sure, knock yourself out, just list me in the post under the credits is all I ask, and can you put up a link to your DA page?

I'll post the link over at Wolf's Shipyard, and I'll be sure to mention that I'm posting the images with your permission when I get around to posting them, that is.
  • HooperHooper0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi.

B.J....I am allowed to take these and model from them?
    I would credit you of course. And I model just for fun...so there's no money I make from it.

I really like the Fatboy" MkIb Viper on page one....and is there a front view?

Thank you.
    I don't mind if you use some of the paint schemes I've shown here, or if you model any of the designs I created. But the "Fatboy" Viper is not my design - you'd have to ask Maui Williams (goes by Darth Malice on here) about that.
  • HooperHooper0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, ok......that's cool then.
    Really appreciate it!
  • Zeeman28aZeeman28a0 Posts: 0Member
    Just spent the last hour going through this entire thread. Lots of artistic talent on this site.

With all the U.S Navy and Air Force themes, the German and Russian themes, I was wondering if anyone has thought to do an AF1 themed viper?
    Wouldn't Colonial One count for that? I did that one a long time ago.

*searches through attachments*

Huh. I guess that one was uploaded before the crash! So I'll just re-upload that one now!

As for a Viper version, honestly, I really hate AF1's livery. I just wish someone (probably a First Lady) would have the cajones to change it. Unfortunately, it was designed by Jackie Kennedy, and nobody wants to be the one to change *her* design!
    64163.jpg
    Say, B.J., how about putting a Mark 7 in the WWII scheme you recently redid for me?
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    It looks great! My only crit is the black outline on the viper is a tad too thick given it's size.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    ^

Love the new avatar, Nate. :)
    Tovette wrote: »
    It looks great! My only crit is the black outline on the viper is a tad too thick given it's size.
    Yeah, but you'll notice I did that about 3 or 4 years ago. I think I've learned a few things since then. ;)
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Did you ever get a side profile done of the MKVIIE?
    Bar.
    In a word, no. Wasn't really planning on doing that variant.
    I'm bumping my request for a midWWII USN colored Viper Mark 7.
    I got an itch to do something new today!
    71292.jpg
  • backsteptbackstept2023 Posts: 919Member
    totally awesome :D
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Awesome
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    nicely done. I always loved your color schemes. Looking forward to more from you. :)