Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DR2-D2 (Artoo Detoo)

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Jas, while youre at it, can you repost all of your pics? they always crack me up! :)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
  • mvertamverta171 Posts: 0Member
    R2_2010_FINAL_3.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_2.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_4.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_5.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_6.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    holy crap, if I did not know this was a model I would swar that these pic's are photos!!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    this is awesome! man ... it looks so real!

can you do an ortho for me please? so I can use yours as a reference for mine?

Chris
    Aw Mike, why did you have to post them, well now I know what I am doing with my weekend ;)
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Someone phone George Lucas. Mverta has stolen the R2-D2 from the Lucas Garage and is taking photos of it, passing it off as a 3D model. Ha, I see through your ruse you philistine!

Binkerman, you get a cookie for making me chuckle with the pics.
    Thanks, guys. Credit to Maxwell Render, too... I swear even if all you want to do are clay renders you can't beat it. Oh, added one more shot to that last group. And yes, I'll put up some orthos.

_Mike
    mverta wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. Credit to Maxwell Render, too... I swear even if all you want to do are clay renders you can't beat it. Oh, added one more shot to that last group. And yes, I'll put up some orthos.

_Mike

man ... jawdropping! and many thanks for the orthos will be very helpfull :D

Chris
    Dannage wrote: »
    Someone phone George Lucas. Mverta has stolen the R2-D2 from the Lucas Garage and is taking photos of it, passing it off as a 3D model. Ha, I see through your ruse you philistine!
    The truth had to come out eventually. There is no "real" R2-D2 - the one in the movies is actually mikes 3d model.... :p
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    lol depends on which trilogy. original trilogy was an actual guy in a suit. I don't know about the new (crap) trilogy.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    You should make a music video with the song being Mr. Roboto from Styx. lol :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Orthos:

R2_2010_FINAL_7.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_8.jpg

R2_2010_FINAL_9.jpg

_Mike
    this is great! Thank you very much for the orthos!

Chris
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    hey, nice photos ;)
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    My god . . . those are . . . AWWWFFUUUULLLLL!

HAHA! Just kidding . . .

Wow. This is spectacular. The detailing on this is intense. There's so much love gone into this beauty, and it really shows. Congratulations on a magnificent mesh. I really like the way the reflections truly fool you into thinking this is a physical body instead of a computer creation. Of course, the amazing system gets some love for this as well!;)
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    id lvoe to se a pic with all his doodads pokin out of the thingys
    colbmista wrote: »
    id lvoe to se a pic with all his doodads pokin out of the thingys

You are either drunk or from Texas! Great adjectives, there. I assume you mean his appendages extended from his body, right? I, myself, would love to see that as well.;)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Man, those images are so realistic , it's surrealistic ! :thumb: Absolutely unbeliveable model !
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    You are either drunk or from Texas!
    Or both, the two definitely aren't mutually exclusive! I would love to see some doodads as well, assuming Lucas hasn't caught Mike yet for stealing the physical R2, since clearly these are just pictures of that.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    I almost feel guilty for finding those so funny :)

Don't feel guilty Mike, .. We all have a dark side to our sense of humour :devil:
    Jas, while youre at it, can you repost all of your pics? they always crack me up! :)

@homerpalooza67:

I've only done a couple more for Mike last year (below), .... but have done a few more for some of the other mob here .... Don't really have a place to post them all as a collective, and not really keen to, as they are just designed to capture the moment with a sprinkle of my warped sense of humour ... Though they're all scattered about here if you want to search for them :p

Fortunately Mike's a good sport, and knows I'm only playing ... I have respect for Mike and his dedication to the work he does ....

Jas

mikesfullscalexwingedit.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic missionimp4r2.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic
    thanks Jas, i saw the x-wing one, but i always enjoy warped humor :)

btw, what is your avatar supposed to be?
    Jas, your **** cracks me up...! :):)
    Okay, here's the final* image of that Tantive corridor thing...

R2_Tantive.jpg

_Mike

*...yeah...
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Hmmm. First reaction: The usual "You've GOT to be kidding me!" Second reaction: I'm starting to see the places where you bend and tweak things out of line. It's a technique I need to use more. But I'm wondering if I can see it if it's too much. Then I remember my first reaction. Awesome.

Thanks as always for sharing. No when are you going to work on your 1:1 x-wing?
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    I've almost got my workflow for the X-Wing down. It's all about the panels...

_Mike
    Okay, here's the final* image of that Tantive corridor thing...

R2_Tantive.jpg

_Mike

*...yeah...
    I'm definitely using this picture for the article....my eyes are telling me this is a photo...of course, it needs a little bit of lens distortion to enhance the DoP, and a tiny amount of grain, and then you"ll get people yelling at you for ripping off a set photo as your own :D.
    Lucas should have waited a few years . . . technology today would have made the FX for the prequels so much damn better!

(Yeah, I know: those movies were a stepping-stone for the 3D tech of today, yada, yada, Yoda . . .);)

I really did think that was just you showing a reference photo from Empire! Great stuff, man.:thumb:
    We have waited a long time, but it was worth it, fantastic image mate.

The render really shows of the amount of effort you have taken in the detailing, I especially like the low level grease/dirt in the blue paint.

:)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet work as always.