Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeaQuest DSV 3D Internal Deck Layout

1235»

• RichipediaRichipedia1 Posts: 6Member
    Test Comment

Test received! :)
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 159Member
    Richipedia wrote: »
    Test Comment

Test received! :)

:p I'm trying to figure out how to setup my signature so it lists my other projects like Viper's comments. Not quite there yet.
    Richipedia
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
    :p I'm trying to figure out how to setup my signature so it lists my other projects like Viper's comments. Not quite there yet.

I'm still trying to figure out how to change my avatar... :s
    Click this first
    kgj6bogods9f.png

Then, after that page loads, click this one and upload your avatar
    qkcmhw140qri.png
    Richipedia
    Test Signature #2
    edited September 2023 #127

Thank you! But I don't see an option in that menu to edit my profile :/

ve0m5vyk242l.png

I'm guessing it's one of those "you need to have a certain number of posts" or "been a member for a certain amount of time" things. I did hunt for guidance in other parts of the forum to confirm this but didn't find anything specific.
    Post edited by Richipedia on
    Huh. I think you're right about needing a certain # of posts. Keep posting then!
    Finally got Unreal Engine to do an animated "boolean" of the various parts of the seaQuest's "skin" attaching to the hull ribs. It's not quite as cool as I imagined, but I'm at the limit of what I can do with Unreal at this point. And I want to move on.
    https://youtu.be/-kS_KpRoGgU
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Richipedia wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's one of those "you need to have a certain number of posts" or "been a member for a certain amount of time" things. I did hunt for guidance in other parts of the forum to confirm this but didn't find anything specific.

We have to manually verify each member before they can edit their profiles to keep away spambots. I just moved, and my computer isn't quite up and running yet, so I can't check in quite as often as usual, so apologies for the delay. I bumped you up to a regular member, so you can access your full profile now.
    Mustang13Camaro68Richipedia
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    We have to manually verify each member before they can edit their profiles to keep away spambots. I just moved, and my computer isn't quite up and running yet, so I can't check in quite as often as usual, so apologies for the delay. I bumped you up to a regular member, so you can access your full profile now.

Thank you! :)

I promise to stop monopolising this thread now :p
    Mustang13Camaro68
    Some more work on the SeaQuest internals. Added the Launch Bay set build by StarSailor78 (who should really post more of his stuff here :)
    Built out the EVA sphere in an attempt to figure out how the crew would get from a Launch shuttle to inside the ship. Not easy. Still might try to find a way to put the launch bay at the very top of the sphere, but with the Maglev tunnels passing through there, its crowded.
    Even though the structural ribs are not perfect yet, and have things going through them that shouldn't, I'm glad I built them. Really trying to think of this thing as a real vessel. Can't just have the outer skin be magically keeping the ship together. There's so much water pressure pushing against it.
    3v223t0tt1xy.jpg
    ashleytingerStarCruisercaveat_imperator
    A quick Arnold render of the interior of the EVA sphere. Never shown on the show, its based on the concept sketch by the seaQuest designer James Lima and a plan from the UI graphics of the show:
    78b8tta8aqbq.jpg
    9srosaiuhosu.jpg
    e952pmr5uj57.jpg

Lizzy777StarCruiserashleytinger
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    A quick Arnold render of the interior of the EVA sphere. Never shown on the show, its based on the concept sketch by the seaQuest designer James Lima and a plan from the UI graphics of the show:
    78b8tta8aqbq.jpg
    9srosaiuhosu.jpg
    e952pmr5uj57.jpg

It was actually shown once. There was an episode of seaQuest where it encountered an alien ship entombed in the ground at the bottom of the ocean until an earthquake shook it loose.
    78b8tta8aqbq.jpg
    9srosaiuhosu.jpg
    e952pmr5uj57.jpg

It was actually shown once. There was an episode of seaQuest where it encountered an alien ship entombed in the ground at the bottom of the ocean until an earthquake shook it loose.

Hmmm. Gonna have to rewatch that one and screengrab some more reference.