Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeaQuest DSV 3D Internal Deck Layout

2

Posts

  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    count23 wrote: »
    I have some set plans floating around if you'd like them, not sure how good quality they are or accurate, but they might be useful at least in a little way. Let me know and i'll send them over.

    I've got the Season 2 show bible PDF from here: http://www.seaquestvault.com/bts/
    It's got a lot of blueprints that have been helpful on the stuff that wasn't changed for season 2.

    and found the plans some guy was making for a book that never materialized:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/modern_fred/2228650970/in/photostream/

    But I'd kill for the Season 1 show bible - haven't seen that online anywhere.
    Ortho views of the corridors, would be great. I just completely eyeballed those.
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    Bridge Update #3 - Improved the stair steps. Improved and added to the lighting. Made a nav dome texture. Added the shark logo at the back. Learned how to make gobos/light masks to emulate the fact the the light illuminating the shark logo is under the floor grate.
    8bnchxv5be6h.png
    hq9mw7gw3cr7.png
    omnipotentLizzy777
  • count23count23271 Posts: 700Member
    edited December 2020 #34
    itxt0tb7fhge.jpg
    0llntl6b908j.jpg
    h7l721brpmy6.png
    Post edited by count23 on
    Formerly Nadesico.

    Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    Excellent! I haven't seen that blue one and that will be really helpful with chair placement and scale. Thanks!
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    edited December 2020 #36
    I love your floor btw and cant wait to see more!

    One of the best moments on the bridge ;) (also one of the best morale booster scenes in scifi period)
    Post edited by omnipotent on
    Aresiuslennier1
  • AresiusAresius352 Posts: 4,156Member
    They were stranded on the bottom of the sea, if I recall correctly... God I remember that scene... Lil 9-year-old me, sitting afore the screen, watching it and suddenly he sings that song and I just stare, mesmerised....
    omnipotent
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    I love your floor btw and cant wait to see more!
    Awww. That was a placeholder. The floor texture I used is here:
    https://tileable.co/?my_cat=Metal&my_search=metal floor grate design 2

    Today I changed it to be more screen accurate since I'm positive they used these:


    x311c0g5ojxb.png

    omnipotentLizzy777Freak
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    Roughed in some consoles, view screens and hand rails. Fixed the steps to have 4 horizontal sections instead of 3.
    r36smt18zyqa.png
    omnipotentLizzy777Freak
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    edited December 2020 #40
    starting to fill out and feel a bit more alive even with the rough screens, when you get to the pilot chairs please post some more shots of them as i love the whole idea behind them as a pilots seat.
    Post edited by omnipotent on
    Mustang13Camaro68
  • count23count23271 Posts: 700Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    They were stranded on the bottom of the sea, if I recall correctly... God I remember that scene... Lil 9-year-old me, sitting afore the screen, watching it and suddenly he sings that song and I just stare, mesmerised....

    Close. The ship was in the bermuda triangle searching for a tourist submarine that got caught in a freshwater trench. Their towed array got hit by lightening and fried almost every part of the ship. So everything was manual control, hands on and done at low power mode using auxillary batteries and one of their WSKRs as a CPU.
    Roughed in some consoles, view screens and hand rails. Fixed the steps to have 4 horizontal sections instead of 3.
    r36smt18zyqa.png

    Feels very 1993 all over again :) Love it. Seaquest had so much effort put into it's set design compared to most scifi shows of it's era, such a shame the series ended the way it did. But you're bringing justice to her for sure :)

    Formerly Nadesico.

    Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    count23 wrote: »
    Feels very 1993 all over again :) Love it. Seaquest had so much effort put into it's set design compared to most scifi shows of it's era, such a shame the series ended the way it did. But you're bringing justice to her for sure :)

    Thankyou! As I work to figure out and model the bridge, it really hits home that they BUILT this thing for real. They made the elaborate ceiling trusses, all the projected view screens and those working clamshell doors. And a water filled dolphin tank to boot. Unbelievable set.
  • count23count23271 Posts: 700Member
    count23 wrote: »
    Feels very 1993 all over again :) Love it. Seaquest had so much effort put into it's set design compared to most scifi shows of it's era, such a shame the series ended the way it did. But you're bringing justice to her for sure :)

    Thankyou! As I work to figure out and model the bridge, it really hits home that they BUILT this thing for real. They made the elaborate ceiling trusses, all the projected view screens and those working clamshell doors. And a water filled dolphin tank to boot. Unbelievable set.

    Spielberg was all in on subnautical stuff back in the day, so it doesn't surprise me.

    but the projector screens, the whole lot, just a beautiful set all around. I can't fault a single thing in it TBH. I'd love to see it reimagined as a trek ship eventually :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

    Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    I love your floor btw and cant wait to see more!
    Awww. That was a placeholder. The floor texture I used is here:
    https://tileable.co/?my_cat=Metal&my_search=metal floor grate design 2

    Today I changed it to be more screen accurate since I'm positive they used something similar to these:
    https://www.rubberco.co.uk/products/rubber-antifatigue-industrial-mat-tile-with-drainage-holes-b

    x311c0g5ojxb.png

    FreakLizzy777omnipotent
  • japetusjapetus1537 SeattlePosts: 1,159Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    japetus wrote: »
    Looking great! Am I misremembering or was Michael Ironside the captain for awhile? I tried to watch some Season 1 a few years ago. It was a bit rough but still many find memories.
    ironside was for the short s3 military revamp of the show after sequest had been abducted by aliens then taken to a diffrent planet and alien ocean and then magically reapered on earth a few years later when the world had turned hostile and bridger found out his son had a son that needed taking care of and he then left the ship to be a grandpa.. honestly s1 and a handful of eps of s2 are the only ones worth watchign as an adult imo :D

    Oh my....don't remember that story lol. I also remember some episode with mechs. It was the coolest thing ever at the time. Would love to find a screenshot of it
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    Season 2 Ep 6 "Playtime"
    jui62drrz98w.png
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    japetus wrote: »
    omnipotent wrote: »
    japetus wrote: »
    Looking great! Am I misremembering or was Michael Ironside the captain for awhile? I tried to watch some Season 1 a few years ago. It was a bit rough but still many find memories.
    ironside was for the short s3 military revamp of the show after sequest had been abducted by aliens then taken to a diffrent planet and alien ocean and then magically reapered on earth a few years later when the world had turned hostile and bridger found out his son had a son that needed taking care of and he then left the ship to be a grandpa.. honestly s1 and a handful of eps of s2 are the only ones worth watchign as an adult imo :D

    Oh my....don't remember that story lol. I also remember some episode with mechs. It was the coolest thing ever at the time. Would love to find a screenshot of it

    trust me not worth remembering the show rly took a bad turn during s2 trying to compete with other shows the stories became so out there trying to boost ratings, season 1 is a pure gem thru and thru tho!
  • count23count23271 Posts: 700Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    japetus wrote: »
    omnipotent wrote: »
    japetus wrote: »
    Looking great! Am I misremembering or was Michael Ironside the captain for awhile? I tried to watch some Season 1 a few years ago. It was a bit rough but still many find memories.
    ironside was for the short s3 military revamp of the show after sequest had been abducted by aliens then taken to a diffrent planet and alien ocean and then magically reapered on earth a few years later when the world had turned hostile and bridger found out his son had a son that needed taking care of and he then left the ship to be a grandpa.. honestly s1 and a handful of eps of s2 are the only ones worth watchign as an adult imo :D

    Oh my....don't remember that story lol. I also remember some episode with mechs. It was the coolest thing ever at the time. Would love to find a screenshot of it

    trust me not worth remembering the show rly took a bad turn during s2 trying to compete with other shows the stories became so out there trying to boost ratings, season 1 is a pure gem thru and thru tho!

    1 and 3 were good, 1 was easily the best however. 2 was... I don't know WTF.

    Are you going to model the ship itself at some stage? If you jump on the discord there's a few folks there with access to the studio model who may be able to help with some refs.
    lennier1
    Formerly Nadesico.

    Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • lennier1lennier1509 Posts: 1,179Member
    Season 2 was a result of studio execs messing with things they don't understand. They wanted "more science fiction" without understanding the core of science fiction.
    Season three fixed that, because it went back to what SeaQuest did best, world building! Shame it was cancelled just when it was about to deliver on a huge payoff.
    omnipotent
  • markmasseymarkmassey413 StaffordshirePosts: 546Member
    hold on wait a minute........ sea quest got abducted by aliens??? I'm gonna have to Wikipedia this lol
  • lennier1lennier1509 Posts: 1,179Member
    Yes, the story around the season 2 finale, leading to a miraculous return to Earth many years later.
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    edited December 2020 #52
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Season 2 was a result of studio execs messing with things they don't understand. They wanted "more science fiction" without understanding the core of science fiction.
    Season three fixed that, because it went back to what SeaQuest did best, world building! Shame it was cancelled just when it was about to deliver on a huge payoff.
    they were also directly competing with TNG and that timeslot and as far as im aware around that time is when TNG hit its stride and dominated the timeslot? so in turn they tried to make sequest crazier and crazier to try and draw eyes to it and in turn scrificing what made the show good in the first place.

    as for season 3 i dont agree it fixed anything instead they turned the enviromentally concious underwater exploration show into a military underwater war show where every ep was about whom do we torpedo this week




    Post edited by omnipotent on
  • markmasseymarkmassey413 StaffordshirePosts: 546Member
    Awesome channel..... just have a quick look to make sure he doesnt do discovery reviews every week.. no.... subscribe....


    Yea i think I'm just going to pretend that seaquest was just one season.... i've lived thinking that for years why spoil it... lol
    omnipotent
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    edited December 2020 #54
    markmassey wrote: »
    Awesome channel..... just have a quick look to make sure he doesnt do discovery reviews every week.. no.... subscribe....


    Yea i think I'm just going to pretend that seaquest was just one season.... i've lived thinking that for years why spoil it... lol
    cant say im subscribed to that dude but i do agree with his staements on sequest, and welcome to the club ;) tho there are 1 or 2 good episodes in s2 aswell but yeah s1 is the bees knees.

    Post edited by omnipotent on
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    count23 wrote: »
    Are you going to model the ship itself at some stage? If you jump on the discord there's a few folks there with access to the studio model who may be able to help with some refs.

    I do have the SeaQuest somewhat modeled. But the details on mine need more investigation and modelling work.

    Do you mean studio model as in, the actual lightwave cgi files? I'd love to get my hands on the actual lightwave model, even just high rez orthographic views. It would answer so many questions - like the width and pointiness of the bow, the creases where the hulls meet the docking sphere, etc...

    <TLDR> Yeah, I'll be doing the ship itself too. Here's where its at now:

    o6a38cis1okb.jpg


    omnipotentLizzy777
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    edited December 2020 #56
    count23 wrote: »
    Are you going to model the ship itself at some stage? If you jump on the discord there's a few folks there with access to the studio model who may be able to help with some refs.

    I do have the SeaQuest somewhat modeled. But the details on mine need more investigation and modelling work.

    Do you mean studio model as in, the actual lightwave cgi files? I'd love to get my hands on the actual lightwave model, even just high rez orthographic views. It would answer so many questions - like the width and pointiness of the bow, the creases where the hulls meet the docking sphere, etc...

    <TLDR> Yeah, I'll be doing the ship itself too. Here's where its at now:

    i just started a build of it a few hours ago so ty for inspiring me with member berries!
    your bow looks very pointy compared to the references ive manage to gather but some are def from fanmade versions, in any case love bit of geo work you have there!

    heres an ok source of ref for it i am using.
    http://www.seaquestvault.com/renders/
    Post edited by omnipotent on
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    edited December 2020 #57
    Yeah, my bow is pointy. I may have to revise it by pulling out port/starboard vertices some more.
    Its a dark ship in dark water so, its tough to really get a sense of the shape, but I definitely see some point in all these show renders:
    da9u3lcy6jmj.jpg
    hvf4u3jbg8ap.jpg
    t3l6f5dfxcuu.jpg

    A lot of those ref renders on seaquest vault are probably using the Chris Kuhn 3d model (also available on that site). He's a great modeler, but I disagree with some of his interpretations. I want to stay true to what was on screen. That said, I'm not calling this done, just showing my WIP as it is.

    Interested to see what you come up with!
    Post edited by Mustang13Camaro68 on
    omnipotentSwiftstryke
  • omnipotentomnipotent622 SwedenPosts: 464Member
    Yeah, my bow is pointy. I may have to revise it by pulling out port/starboard vertices some more.
    Its a dark ship in dark water so, its tough to really get a sense of the shape, but I definitely see some point in all these show renders:

    A lot of those ref renders on seaquest vault are probably using the Chris Kuhn 3d model (also available on that site). He's a great modeler, but I disagree with some of his interpretations. I want to stay true to what was on screen. That said, I'm not calling this done, just showing my WIP as it is.

    Interested to see what you come up with!

    agree with bolded as i had a quick look at his model myself and there are som major parts that are way off on it especially the bows shape. :)

  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    Spent some time over the last 2 days updating my exterior. Made extensive subtle changes to the model to better match the model on the Monogram kit sold in the 1990s. Not happy with the overall composition, but I'm sick of it for the moment. Will star back on the bridge tomorrow.

    ibbxchdvf6o5.png
    Lizzy777omnipotent
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Love the interior shots! Bridge and hallway are looking great. Are you modeling each area as a separate file?
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro6899 DetroitPosts: 73Member
    JeffrySG wrote: »
    Love the interior shots! Bridge and hallway are looking great. Are you modeling each area as a separate file?

    Nope, its all in one file for now. The bridge is the only location placed inside the ship where it should go. The hallways need some work to make them repeatable and then I'll maybe save them to a separate file and instance. Once I figure out how best to do file instances in Blender...
Sign In or Register to comment.