Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Rodger Young (Starship Troopers stuff)

• JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Wow, you're moving fast on this! Ship looks really nice so far and you've got so much panel work done already!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That Dropship turned out really Nice!
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    edited December 2020 #94
    Fiddled a bit more with the textures, added some more decals and reduced the dirt a bit. zxen2o5opjcf.jpg
    Oops burnt out light :3
    0nucxct1ou6x.jpg
    vlumaolfeam7.jpg
    nj08l4exv3qc.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    lewisnivenFreakMcCMustang13Camaro68rojrenLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralJESomnipotent
    Texturing looks nice!
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    This is totally silly, and probably not something you want to include, but are you aware of this easter egg on the 18' model? 18towr.jpg
    Aardwolf wrote: »
    This is totally silly, and probably not something you want to include, but are you aware of this easter egg on the 18' model? 18towr.jpg

Yup! I am aware, dunno if I'll do that much, but I do have to make that bridge for other variations... I did put R2D2s in though. They are also in the model.
    Did some testing with vray proxies...after some failed attempts and tips, easily got a bunch more Rodger Youngs in a scene. Each ship is almost 3 million polys. jwo5ofvt3y20.jpg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakMcCsrspicerJES
    Found these 4 images recently. Not sure if you have them or if they can help. :)

k5cpecw7305a.jpg

s292rlw28wv8.jpg

wifykndr8h6i.jpg

lw8kb5qrg7ah.jpg

BolianAdmiralJESpubliusr
    I do have them! Thanks! They are definitely some of the best out there. Jay Adan's flickr acccount has a ton of great stuff. He worked on the film.
    Ah, ok cool! I saw them on Twitter. I’ll have to look at his Flickr.
    I would be remiss if I didn't mention, Mustang here gave me a ton of great ref he took, which is really the really things are turning out so well. :-D
    Mustang13Camaro68
    Been real busy at work...but managed add a couple generic military pilots inside to start to fix that cockpit area which was looking super fake. Need to bang up that yellow paint a bit too. zwbtnvi8uebo.png
    h1zf3yg2btaj.png
    Mustang13Camaro68ashleytingerFreakLizzy777McCJES
    edited December 2020 #104
    Got a bit of cockpit geo and texture in there. It's meant to be simple and seen from a distanceso I didnt spend much time on it. main cockpit panel is mostly a flat piece of geo, turned out well enough from Painter.
    Also finally started roughing in the Rodger Young bridge interior....predictably it's a chore getting the inside set to work with the models shape...
    om8zmg10jc8x.jpg
    obysk9ls2iel.jpg
    gi3qvwniq4w1.jpg
    piq6nj5xcd5g.jpg
    Post edited by japetus on
    ashleytingerrojrenLizzy777Bigd524McCJeffrySGMustang13Camaro68BolianAdmiralJES
    Started working on the bridge....after scouring my reference I realized some big differences between the miniature and full sized bridge windows, so had to fix a lot of things, but I think it's working really well now. I roughed in the chairs and some consoles and I think the placement of things is making sense.
    bridge1.jpg
    bridge2.jpg
    bridge3.jpg

Mustang13Camaro68Lizzy777ashleytingerFreakMcCBolianAdmiralJESWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    Move a ton of things around better into where they should be...added some more lighting and modeled some more parts...coming along! Will be busy over the holidays so probably not many updates til after the new years. Happy Holidays!2a2su5qhx2rs.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiralJESMcComnipotentMustang13Camaro68
    Got the bridge chair 99% done...good to check off the list. n6aqtz8zo7v6.jpg
    e84s8dtx4pss.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777McCMustang13Camaro68JES
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Man, that's a beaut! Great job.
    Bridge walls done, need better light fixtures.... biggest part left is making the control panels...d41ru1aux93n.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777Mustang13Camaro68McCJES
    Got more stuff done on the bridge, tried to get walls and computers done, adding basic materials now to see how it's all working. Still some more things to model, and the floor needs some work.e4lumrsmkl3r.jpg
    mzqrpyithxy4.jpg
    Lizzy777FreakashleytingerMustang13Camaro68McCJESJeffrySG
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
    Bridge is looking great! Man, those chairs must have felt uncomfortable...
    japetus
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
    Updated with some light fixtures, they are using vray mesh lights, from cylinders inside the flourescent fixture. tva67oim4uwe.jpg
    ashleytingerxiaorobearLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryMcCJES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    So much wonderful detail.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very cool! I've not seen anyone turn this one out. I'm very interested.
    publiusr
    Gettign pretty close now...need to make some panel lines and smaller details around teh bridge next i think...

zv0gzuca4odm.jpg
    6jijf5dnt4u8.jpg
    ashleytingerFreakMcCLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryJESJeffrySGsrspicer
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh MAN, how was I sleeping on this? It looks fantastic, and the VHVMs (my term for that computer that they kept recycling after this movie) looks spot on! Brilliant job on this interior!

(VHVMs= Verhoevenometers. I was toying with the idea years ago of a goofy take on a tumblr blog that's just about those computers and the movies they show up in. Never did it, I keep thinking I should).
    Oh MAN, how was I sleeping on this? It looks fantastic, and the VHVMs (my term for that computer that they kept recycling after this movie) looks spot on! Brilliant job on this interior!

(VHVMs= Verhoevenometers. I was toying with the idea years ago of a goofy take on a tumblr blog that's just about those computers and the movies they show up in. Never did it, I keep thinking I should).

Ha, thanks! That seemed to happen a lot, especially the costumes. Do you mean the screen UI or the CRT monitor consoles?
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Absolutely amazing work, as is all of your work.
    scifieric
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I meant the panels with the switches, those show up everywhere!
    I meant the panels with the switches, those show up everywhere!

I was trying to get some better views of those actually. Would you know of a few good places? That's funny!
    Got some more details and textures done...rjc8l0f5rbgn.jpg
    mm7zfp4fp76d.jpg
    lennier1Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68FreakJESJeffrySGsrspicerWarp Propulsion Laboratory