Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSide Projects (Random).

• cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    She's a beaut and one of my fav kinds of earth movers. Here is a link to a great photo of one that has really nice detail. Of course you can always look at Hyundai's .au site at the excavator section here for some great photo's. Hyundai likes to spice up the site with good shots :) Oh yeah, they have all dimensions in millimetres so you can be very accurate. You can also download full spec pdf's with great photos and drawings with full articulation diagrams. Okay, I think you can get the idea that I really like this stuff :)

Of course if you google this then you will find pics of everything from treads to bucket teeth and attachments :)
    Damn, I forgot to even give a critique!

Well, I will give one on the treads of the last post you made. The current design looks very fragile. Thin steal plates that stick up vertically like that would just be bent flat and would pretty much be destroyed pretty quickly. They wouldn't do very good in muddy situations either as they would just fill up and become very slippery. Take a look at the links I gave in my previous post and you will find some really great examples of real world treads.

Keep on truckin' as I really like what you're doing! :thumb:
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Damn cavebear, I'm kind of wondering if you have a car(s) in your driveway or a tractor... :lol:

But seriously appreciate it a lot. :thumb:

Alright Folks, some minor changes, been out of it for a few days. Just a few more addings on of stuff, and then on to the interior. :thumb:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3514&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3516&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3518&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3520&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3522&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3524&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3526&g2_serialNumber=1
    Working on the interior atm...

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3528&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3530&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3532&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3534&g2_serialNumber=1
    Couple more small updates.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3536&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3538&g2_serialNumber=1
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    Looks pretty, but don't forgot the most important thing. A cup holder.
    This is a super project Hundred :thumb: Right now it is looking "factory" fresh. Will you be doing a different set of textures for a more "used" look?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking good. I like the "factory clean" look, but are you also going to do one that looks used?
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    The convex mirror is exceptionally cool.
    Will be back on the construction vehicles soon, for the time being I've broken off to a few other projects that needed attention.
    102959.jpg102960.jpg102961.jpg
    Those are fantastic renders. The materials and lighting are great.
    Just playing around with the Blender Game Engine...
    I haven't been doing to much 3d lately, so out of boredom I rendered a few things.
    105463.jpg105464.jpg105465.png105466.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    some cool shots there, especially like the one with the clouds and mountains. the vertical flight and combat ones are also good but the final one with the buildings below takes a bad angle on the fighters and has the appearance of an overly small tiled texture in the background landscape. the greyed over canopies would be better if they were clear with internal details instead(especially shot 1). this was done in blender?
    p.s. further congratulations on second image.
    The canopies are not grayed over, they are sixty percent reflective, so that's actually the sky reflecting in them. As for the background on the last image, if I understand you correctly that's not not a background image at all, that is a Vue scene, and the fighters are actually in the scene. And as for the plants on the ground, they are in the scene also. Thanx, :thumb:
    That second one with the clouds and mountains and the fighters streaking through the clouds is just stunning. I also really like the vertical flight one. I can't put my finger on what, but something seems "off" about the other two. It could be that they'd make better animations than still images, in my opinion.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    That second one with the clouds and mountains and the fighters streaking through the clouds is just stunning. I also really like the vertical flight one. I can't put my finger on what, but something seems "off" about the other two. It could be that they'd make better animations than still images, in my opinion.

Evil, I agree. I think it's a subtle combination of slight overkill on the motion blur and a lack of definitive depth of focus. The images are both tough because there's nothing clear for the eye to lock onto.

That said, I think all four images are interesting--just two need a bit or refinement.
    Sorry about the missing images folks, I realized they were gone a few days ago, had a problem with my debit card and my web hosting went byiby, I'll send them a payment in a few days, and the image will all magically reappear. :thumb:

Anyhow... It's a spacestation. It's not enless though :p

It's kind of blocky now, but I'll work on it. :thumb:
    105710.png105711.jpg105712.jpg105713.jpg105715.jpg105717.jpg105719.png105720.jpg105721.jpg105722.jpg
    very cool, and if vertical artificial gravity can ever be achieved kind of believable. when i first saw the thread thumbnail i thouhgt for a second it was the cassini orbiter slightly remodelled. looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
    Yeah, they do tend to like it when you pay for that stuff. :p (that's why I have a free blog)

Dude, that's looking slick so far. I'm liking everything about it. :)
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on the last model !
    I love to see more of it !
    your texture work is good but you might want to alter the specularity a bit, at present it all seems a bit "flat". you might also want to reduce the overall dust and instead concentrate the dust into areas where more of it would collect, make some of the dust a bit brown as well. your fifth shot is a good composition and the red lights are JUST working. green glowing parts are nice but i'm not sure what they are representing and they might be better in another colour. asteroid field in background is way too dense and uniform. excellent modelled detail with all those girders etc.
  • DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work on the interior. It looks quite comfortable with all the softened corners, a nice contrast to the exterior.
    not enough detail shown on the screens and panels, also does it really need so many huge windows(in an asteroid field of that density it would seem rather unwise). holographic display at the centre is very cool.
    Another vehicle.
    110598.png110599.png110600.jpg110601.jpg110602.png110603.png110604.png
    Haven't seen you around in ages. I hope things are going well.

The new car looks awesome. Great stuff. :thumb:
    The new car looks awesome. Great stuff. :thumb:

Appreciate it, thanx.

Haven't seen you around in ages. I hope things are going well.

Old age, back trouble knee trouble, the usual.