Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DProject Cosmos - The Morningstar

• backsteptbackstept2347 Posts: 970Member
    wooh!
    fantastic new front-end there, Boss! :thumb:
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    nhall wrote: »
    O.O Awesome! Project Cosmos 3D WIP -- all I needed to see to know this was going to be awesome. Great work as usual, tovette. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: (By the way, are you ever going to open the Project Cosmos store on the site? I've had my credit card ready for some time, and my fingers are getting numb from gripping it for so long. :lol: )

Yeah, It will open. Sorry for the delay. I've been going in ten different directions with Cosmos. I want to make sure the stuff that I post on the store will be the best quality I can make it, so that's probably another factor that is taking a long time.
  • ViperViper1697 Posts: 717Administrator
    Been a while since I visited the wips section and saw something that had really caught my interest. Your whole project is really great. Almost makes me wanna revive some of my old ideas :)
    Viper wrote: »
    Been a while since I visited the wips section and saw something that had really caught my interest. Your whole project is really great. Almost makes me wanna revive some of my old ideas :)

Thanks, Viper! :) Workin the ol' creative muscle is fun!
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    New front area is looking sweet Mate.
  • The details look excellent, sweet work, I can't wait to see more, how're you thinking of doing the texturing?
    I'm not sure yet. Probably just a mix of procedural and painted.
    Decided to get back to the Morningstar and do some more work on her. The white is her final hull color.

Started working on the entrance to the ship.
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72835&stc=1&d=1252984255
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72836&stc=1&d=1252984255
    72835.jpg72836.jpg
  • How big is that door? It looks like it could be huge or just the size of a person I can't really tell. The details look good though, solid work.
    The door is about about 2.1 meters tall.
    just right for a person to walk up right though. but what is the width? 2m or 4m, or even bigger?

Anyway very nice work mate. :thumb:
    I'd guess it's about 1.5 wide. maybe a little more.
    so it big enough for a single person to walk though.

Will you be adding a slighty bigger one say for Cargo and what not to go though?
    Yeah there will be a cargo hatch as well.

Also, on a slightly different note, the lastest episode of Jack's Journal is up.
    Started some detail work on the Morningstar, Jack's ship from Jack'sJournal.net.
    94593.jpg
    She looks great Nate.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    looks good nate, but i think the edge loops could use some tightening up, things look a bit "soft"
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804751 Posts: 11,272Member
    Looking great so far, dude. :D
    Lee80 wrote: »
    looks good nate, but i think the edge loops could use some tightening up, things look a bit "soft"

In what part?
    Worked on a little more of the dorsal aft section. My plan is to keep the majority of the surface smooth but have pockets of somewhat dense greebles.
    94625.jpg
    Nice, looks like it oculd be all part of the engine.
    Actually I have the foggiest idea what it all could be. :p I'll be making this ship into a cutaway cross-section similar to the star wars incredible cross-section books, so I'll know one way or the other what that stuff is :p
    Look forward to seeing it.
  • backsteptbackstept2347 Posts: 970Member
    I like this little shippy
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Tovette wrote: »
    In what part?

nvm nate must have just been the shadows. Like the new render, the greebles are looking sweet
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804751 Posts: 11,272Member
    Nice greebles. :)
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Oh man... Nate is modeling again! Oh wait or is just me online again...LOL Anyway, I love your designs bro, you know that! you blow me away with your talent, 2D or 3D dosn't mater, your designs allways rock!
    Thanks, Larsen!! I love your stuff too! You're one of my favorites.
    Started blocking out the interior of the ship so that when I start blocking in superstructure, the rooms and passages won't get in the way. I've still got a few more rooms to go. So far I have the cargo bay, engineering, bridge, and jack's quarters placed. Still need to add Jan's and Chalk's room, the galley, medical bay, escape pods, supply closets, and the computer core. Not sure if there will be room for all that. Guess we'll see...
    94714.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1216 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,644Member
    Sweet... looks good so far. I assume one of those large blocks/areas is the computer core?