Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMotion Picture Drydock

12346»

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    with regards to the spotlights, all that was done with a rig of dental mirrors off camera, reflecting a light into spotlight patches on the hull, so there will be no light source for most of that stuff, they thought about it on the enterprise because there are light sources modelled in, but for the rest of it I guess they didn't
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    i got a couple of maya figures around, that i could modify with a uniform.. question? which uniform? Tos? TMP, STII and up??

EDIT: again

http://rapidshare.com/files/411993694/man1.zip

a male figure, low poly, maya file, textures included.. your better than me at textures so no uniform on him yet :)

EDIT: made a TOS uniform, use man 2 and man2 color, psd included for changes!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Here is what I might have done. The ST TMP uniforms would be for Earth based starfleeters, with ST II being used for folks traveling farther afield. Voyager uniforms first seen in DS9 would only be used on stations. So have one STII admiral and the rest in TMP dress.
    Just uploaded (to the download section) a Maya conversion( and OBJ) of Buckaroo hawks TMP hangerbay, and inside is a figure in STII uniform, 29,000 poly, so might be a bit much for ya, hope it helps!

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=190
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you - itA’s really pretty low-poly, but should work for flybys.

I also added a few small lightsources as origin points for the off-ship lights.
    ur welcome :)

looks good as always!!
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    VALKYRIE013: Thank you for converting and uploading another version of my TMP Hangar Bay here. Others have been asking for conversions, but for some reason I can't get my MAX program to do them properly. I always end up getting error messages or my system just freezes up. Probably just a dropped line of code somewhere in the program, but I'm not savvy enough to know for sure. Feel free to convert any of my other uploads and post them here at your discretion.

Tobias: If you ever decided to use one of my models in your work then I could die a happy CGI artist indeed! Mylex has used some of my models to excellent effect in a few of his videos and he makes them look better than I could have ever dreamed. I can only imagine what they might look like in your capable hands.
    Thanks for the upload - it seems itA’has to be approved, as I canA’t download it. I think it wonA’t be of much use now, as I need a TOS crew. But what I have will work fine for now.
    This is the drydock version that will be seen in one of the upcoming Phase II episodes.

Thanks a lot to Andy Probert for guiding me a bit through the design process.

It is supposed to be a dock at one of the outer starbases, a bit smaller then the big drydock we see in TMP, but with a similar functionality. They had to extend the connectors (the things between the frames) to the fullest to get the big E inside.

Of course itA’ll have some workbees, cargo bees and travel pods inside :)

Hope you like it...
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Great!
    Glad you decided to do Andrew's V-shaped version as well.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    It kind of reminds me of some of Andy's TMP concept art. Very nice job.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    oh Very Very nice!!
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive sir! Impressive! :D

I love how you've utilized the functionality of the structural elements to demonstrate how flexible and adaptable the drydock was obviously designed to be.
    The V-shaped form was one of the designs Andrew suggested.

HereA’s a little tease for you from the fx board of Phase II...

Not yet finished but pretty close...
    83745.jpg83746.jpg83747.jpg
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Gorgeous as always. But what do those travel pods dock with?
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    There is a docking port on the drydock, where two pods can dock and people can walk to the E
    oh wow! that first and second shots are gorgeous!! Outstanding sir, outstanding!

the pods could always land in the shuttle bay... :)
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Are you using any GI or just standard lighting? Looks great!
    Thank you all - that pretty standard lighting, no GI, just a very light ambient occlusion - as rendering times are already pretty high (20-30 minutes for all passes in 720p) to avoid aliasing in those finer structure of the dock and the smaller ships.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    Too. Much. Awesome!
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Flibble42Flibble42331 Posts: 0Member
    I watch New Voyages/Phase 2.. it was amazing before you got involved, the CGI has just gone up a notch :). Are you doing any work on the Phase 2 Enterprise? I can't wait to this all in motion.. Tobias you rock
    If you are referring to the upgraded Enterprise that was originally planned for the "real" Phase II as well as for "our" Phase II, this plan was shelved for now. We will stick with the original TOS Enterprise for the next shows - and then see what happens after that.
  • trekkitrekki951 Posts: 1,403Member
    How many lights are in the DryDock ?
    The Pics are very good. Please more from this ... :flippy:

trekki
    About 150 lights for the drydock, plus the lights for the ships (travelpod has around 30 lights, cargo workbees around 20, Enterprise about 30)
    So all in all the scenes has about 250 lights :D