Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• KengKeng0 Posts: 0Member
    would you also be imaging your BS Zodiac with your stations, the BS is a great comparison of size next to her smaller sisters?
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Magnificent!!!
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work ID - top class!
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW, this station looks huge. I would love to see a size comparison with DS9. I bet it would make DS9 look punie, an outhouse in space.

great work keep it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The Station looks awesome, phantastic. Great Work. :)
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    Rob, I need some BSG goodness!!!!!
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for all your comments guys

It's been a few weeks since I updated this thread ( sorry about that been a little busy )
    First off a new ship.

The Protector Class Eros.
    ProtectorClassErosPIC5.jpg
    ProtectorClassErosPIC5a.jpg
    guardiancopic15.jpg

Secondly the start of The Colonial Fleet HQ @ Picon.
    ColonialFleetHQPiconpic5.jpg
    Still need loads of work but it's getting there:D

And lastly a new fighter ( Based off the A10 warthog )
    The Viper A12
    ViperA122.jpg
    I hope to have this finished really soon;)
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive Ice, very impressive. The Protector class looks particularly nasty. I bet it can go toe to toe with the majority of vessels it comes up against.
    Im loving the design of the station and the fighter is awsome, would not like to take on a wing of them bad boys. the station is awsome and knowing what you have got planned for her, she is going to be big and tought.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah amazing work on all of these Rob, as always :D It was well worth the wait. The station is particularly interesting - a really fresh design !
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work, icedragon!
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Ice-Dragon wrote: »
    And lastly a new fighter ( Based off the A10 warthog )
    The Viper A12
    ViperA122.jpg
    I hope to have this finished really soon;)

I like the fighter but I see a few things that I worry about. The fan discs in the engines look pinched because of the intakes narrowing so much. Perhaps moving the fan discs deeper into the engine housings would alleviate that.

Second is the nose guns. They look like they are just tacked on right now (just barrels and the rest of the workings just not there). Maybe having some fairings stretching out behind them a little would make them look real (like the machinery that should work them is actually there underneath the fairings.).

Otherwise I really like the nod to the A12 you have created!
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    That is quite an interesting update! I am very interested to see how the Picon Fleet HQ progress.... specially since I love to see your pics of your stations with ships docked.
    Keep it up! :thumb:
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work on all of those!

The Picon Fleet HQ reminds me of umm..that huge thing...from Homeworld.

I love the fighter, and wow those are a lot of missiles!
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    DAMN. Love your designs. Starbases, shipyards, HQ's. *jaw drops* The only nitpick is that the "outpost" (as it's way more industrial looking) should be the weapons research facility, & the weapons research center should be the outpost (as it looks like it has an arboretum dome on top.) Just my $0.02.
    Thanks for the comments guys:thumb:
    Melak wrote: »
    The Picon Fleet HQ reminds me of umm..that huge thing...from Homeworld.
    I might have been inspired by that:p
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    The only nitpick is that the "outpost" (as it's way more industrial looking) should be the weapons research facility, & the weapons research center should be the outpost (as it looks like it has an arboretum dome on top.) Just my $0.02.
    I know what up mean, I wanted the Outpost to look more industrial because it's on the outer edge of the colonies and wouldn't get regular looking after:D as for the arboretum dome on the weapons research facility, you do have to have somewhere where the scientists can relax:D

I have now finished building the Viper A12
    ViperA125.jpg

Here are some pic's of the A12 with the adv mk6 viper
    ViperA12-ViperAdvMKVI.jpg
    ViperA12-ViperAdvMKVI-pic5.jpg
    ViperA12-ViperAdvMKVI-pic4.jpg
    ViperA12-ViperAdvMKVI-pic3.jpg
    ViperA12-ViperAdvMKVI-pic2.jpg
  • scbypwrscbypwr0 Posts: 0Member
    Great update....I am concerned that the destroyer would get outgunned by the protecter. Is it time to redo the big guns on the destroyer? Or is there perhaps another reason for the protector to have the larger galactica type cannons?

Can you pretty please do 1280 X 1024 so I can display your work?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    nice on the comparisons
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Absolutely gorgeous. Great adaptation all around.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    can we get an ortho of the smaller fighter
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    can we get an ortho of the smaller fighter

He just posted all 5 views. If you're so inclined, you can do a simple cut-and-paste in paint or something.

Overall, kickass designs. I could definitely see the need for a dedicated CAS aircraft in the Colonial Fleet. The A-10 is a good platform to use as a baseline.
    or he could be nice and do a sperate peice
    and in all this time he has not posted what you wanted, sort of says to me youll be doing this one for yourself.

Nice job on the new viper rob, i know what you have got planed next but i wont give it away, but, i cant wait to see more, looking truely awsome.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I cannot wait to see more either. Ice-Dragon is always making great stuf for BSG, and we can all imagine how was Colonial Space during it's best time of glory.
    Maybe what we also need to see is more Cylon models, after all, they are also a civilization, and a space-faring one so I think that could make for very interesting concepts.
    Keep it up!
    Thanks guys:thumb:
    Here is a little something I started today, it's based off the Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
    I hope you like it:D
    CV-25pic1.jpg
    scbypwr wrote: »
    Great update....I am concerned that the destroyer would get outgunned by the protecter. Is it time to redo the big guns on the destroyer? Or is there perhaps another reason for the protector to have the larger galactica type cannons?

Can you pretty please do 1280 X 1024 so I can display your work?
    I'll be adding the Calactica type guns to the destroyer and updating it soon:D
    Here's my new viper for you in 1280 x 1024
    1280x1024.jpg
    colbmista wrote: »
    or he could be nice and do a sperate peice
    Here you go
    ViperAdvMKVI.jpg
    wow....that looks amazing ice, its nice already to see the frame being used for other models, with a few alterations that is.

Sorry didnt not respond on msn last night, was watching a film with the mrs, hope to be online friday night.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    love that fighter, ice-dragon, nice work.
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    I'd bring those engines in a little closer. On the A-10, I could understand the large wings, despite them conflicting with what we know of Colonial design philosophy, due to the many hardpoints. But with a troop shuttle/ drop ship, no such need really exists.
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work like always ice say I think something like that new raptor came out in caprica at the season finaly looks very familiar to that craft
    thank you