Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Crazy Side projects...

OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Just a bunch of distractions that I've been messing with lately, I'll get to finishing them eventually... someday :D

This is the most recent one, did this yesterday afternoon...
th_AlleyWay-03.jpg

Been messing with this one for a few weeks now on and off... did the heart the other day.
th_android-17.jpgth_android-16.jpgth_android-15.jpg

My nephew had a toy model of a BARC speeder, it kinda inspired this one...
th_ShipConceptA-13.jpg

This was done during a couple long car rides...
th_NewFighterConcept08.jpgth_NewFighterConcept07.jpg

Thoughts? more of any you'd like to see?
81929.png
Post edited by Ozylot on
Tagged:

• RJBRJB201 Posts: 182Member
    They all look like great starts and I do hope that you find the time to finish most of them.

I've been diving into some side projects myself but thats more because I'm lacking for free time to finish my main project. :(
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Thanx! they will probably be worked on in the order ive shown them. should see some more as the cruiser gets closer to completion.
    And after alot of mopping ... :D

th_AlleyWay-04.jpg
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    you model during long car rides? I hope someone else is driving :p

I like the underpass/building/city scene. is the water gone for good?
    I think the water will stay, I like what it does for the scene. I'd like it to seem like the sewers of the city. Although to save on render time I probably wont have it for the WIP pics.

th_AlieyWay-05.jpg

BTW... I should have included this one in the first post...
    th_AlienCruiser06.jpg
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, Ozy...can we see more of BARC-speeder-inspired ship-thingy?
    That could really be something...
    Dimitriy wrote: »
    Hey, Ozy...can we see more of BARC-speeder-inspired ship-thingy?
    That could really be something...

Sure... here are a couple of the older shots...

th_ShipConceptA-11.jpgth_ShipConceptA-10.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Any ship you make man- is a great ship- everything else looks great too.
  • Captain J. WesleyCaptain J. Wesley0 Posts: 0Member
    the BARC thing is awesome :p
  • Forcemaster2000Forcemaster2000331 Posts: 0Member
    I like the sewer/city scene, but the bump on the water is a little much, looks like a choppy sea.
    Thanx guys!

Good catch FM2K, I'll try turning it down a bit next render, might speed it up a bit too.
    Ozy...your BARC thingy is very interesting...:thumb:
    Any chance of you rebuilding this thingy into a full-bown project? Smth like Shibenyath (did I spell that right :rolleyes:?)...
  • cirus5555cirus55550 Posts: 0Member
    this is very nice work going to keep an eye on this project
    Thanx all!
    Dimitriy wrote: »
    Ozy...your BARC thingy is very interesting...:thumb:
    Any chance of you rebuilding this thingy into a full-bown project? Smth like Shibenyath (did I spell that right :rolleyes:?)...

you did ;)

It wont need rebuilding, its in good enough shape that detail can be added as is. Its one I'd like to develop further though too.
    Ozylot wrote: »
    It wont need rebuilding, its in good enough shape that detail can be added as is. Its one I'd like to develop further though too.

Very well then...This will be an interesting thread to watch. :thumb:
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Ozylot: I really like that vertical wing looking ship from the first page... I think that has real potential. The design looks very unique, but it looks very interesting even at this early stage!
  • jack cloudyjack cloudy0 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, turning a one-man flying motorcycle into a big ship. Now that's what I call creativity. Sweet stuff.
  • emp3ror86emp3ror86171 Posts: 0Member
    Man, you are just awesome:)
    Lookin forward to seeing other stuff from you!
    Thanx everyone!
    JeffrySG wrote: »
    Ozylot: I really like that vertical wing looking ship from the first page... I think that has real potential. The design looks very unique, but it looks very interesting even at this early stage!

yeah that was a fun one, I had considered possibly making a right-sided version, and a left-sided version, and then attaching those to the sides of the other ship (BARC Inspired one)
    Heh, turning a one-man flying motorcycle into a big ship. Now that's what I call creativity. Sweet stuff.

I sat and stared at the toy model for about an hour. then when I modeled it I decided that it looked better upside-down and backwards. There isn't alot of room for weapons but I found a spot for some turrets.

Thanx all!
    Actually, your BARC thingy (would you be so kind to name it?) reminds me of Matrix ships...
    Hmm, well it takes awhile to come up with a decent name, for now I refer to it as ShipConcept-A :shiner:
    I modeled a tree, changed the door, some pipes...
    th_AlleyWay-06.jpg
  • PipPip171 Posts: 0Member
    Ozylot wrote: »
    Just a bunch of distractions that I've been messing with lately, I'll get to finishing them eventually... someday :D

We should bring back the SFM "It'll get finished someday club", cause I for one really need it. :shiner:
    (Actually that's not quite true since I did finish my 3 previous projects - just need it for the current)

I very much like the City, and agree that the water gives it a certain "feel".
    Also like the flying wing with engines, could turn out to be a real badass fighter IMO. :devil:
    Lol, Thanx!

We'll see some more of them for sure ;)
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    Your wips arn't crazy. YOU are crazy. :)

Great work tho.
    ^Just a little bit ;)

still at it...
    th_AlleyWay-09.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Hmmm...with the city, perhaps *just scarcely visible, pre-"The-Big-One" ruins* that were built-over like Venice Italy. Perhaps a series of mini-subs or a docked "SeaBus" like they have in Downtown Vancouver sitting on the water, waiting for fares. Or an underwater tunnel where the lights of a bullet-train are just barely visible through the walls of the train tunnel & a cloud of stirred-up sediment.
    Good suggestions! Thanx!
    Last update for today...

th_AlleyWay-12.jpg
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats looking sweet as hell. Great work Ozy... again:)