Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9696 Posts: 5,299Member
    Hogging out the impulse array and shuttle bays. Plan is that it would have a refit connie interior. I will only model the airlock bay though. I might though box in the unseen area to keep me from putting other rooms that might conflict.

yeager-068.jpg
    yeager-069.jpg
    yeager-070.jpg
    Lizzy777JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Ok had to redo the central upper hull bits to correct for dodgy interpretation of shapes.

Hour or so later in work, not in reality. lol
    Food, videos, cats (always, anyone want a few cats?), etc

yeager-076.jpg

yeager-077.jpg

Still not happy with it but eh. If I were to do it properly I'd rebuild the damn ship.
    Lizzy777JES
    new bridge module, might replace the upper dome, dunno yet. Need to decide what to do with that forward opening. Not so sure I want to do massive windows there. I am guessing this is where the bridge is as all these STD things have windscreens.

yeager-079.jpg
    Arvis1804Lizzy777JES
  • Arvis1804Arvis18047 Posts: 16Member
    Yes, the big windows on the front of the Cardenas-class are the bridge windows, but you could always make that the Crew Lounge/Mess Hall/"10 Forward" equivalent instead.
    Messed about with the stuff below the bridge.

yeager-082.jpg

yeager-083.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777JES
    Mess of rounding and small details. Also looking at how the windows look. They are the same cutters used on the WEDGE. They are the same height and width of the TOS connie but rounded off in a PILL shape. I loath squared off windows in space frames or anything pressurized. I am also looking at the wedge and other models I have of this timeframe and thinking what to do to tie this ship with them. It sorta stands out too much. Thinking I shoulda used more compound curved hull sections. Also tempted to add some ENT like details too. I have noticed some of the STD stuff has a slight flavor of ENT in them. If you look at int stuff it really reflects in the DSC itself. Regretting not using a similar profile to the saucer edge that I did with the WEDGE.

yeager-084.jpg

yeager-085.jpg
    Lizzy777JES
  • ViperViper1677 Posts: 716Administrator
    edited April 2019 #878
    Yeah, now that you mention it, it does stand out a bit from other TOS designs as it's quite boxy. Still, it's looking very good. Love the bridge :)
    Post edited by Viper on
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1989 Central OhioPosts: 1,225Member
    Could the internal part of your saucer mirror what you did for the wedge?
    Mostly collapsing and optimizing of stuff and small details. I think i will likely close off much of that opening below the bridge.
    yeager-089.jpg

yeager-090.jpg
    Lizzy777RekkertJES
    Stuff from yesterday.

yeager-092.jpg

yeager-094.jpg

yeager-095.jpg
    not so sure on the that last one. . . . .
    Lizzy777Arvis1804JES
    edited April 2019 #882
    Ok spent some time to put those ribs and lights in a more appropriate place. Added some ideas for windows as well. Orange boxes will be those back lit sensor things seen on the tos connie.

yeager-097.jpg

yeager-098.jpg

yeager-099.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777Arvis1804JES
    More holes and 6 more rooms. Left room for a 34 to 35ft bridge cyl with some room to fill in around the surrounding rooms. This one the bridge is a half deck difference as the upper blisters on this are a lot lower.

yeager-102.jpg

yeager-103.jpg

yeager-104.jpg
    Lizzy777RekkertJES
    Small changes, too HOT and errands mean I spent maybe 10min on it yesterday and maybe a 30min today. 97 is just too much for April. Much more so with a half dead AC.

Cutting in panels and deciding what to do with those forward bays on the saucer "shoulders"? The inner ones look more like radiators, maybe eaves just built or had a watercooled rig built or is into turbo cars as the things look a lot like radiators or intercoolers. None of it will fit a shuttle, least my TOS shuttle I use. So the outer units are either some device or cargo shutters that are loaded by workbees. I altered this area to match the drawing more than the toy or CGI renderings as those had a strange tapering to the circular pattern across these features.

yeager-108.jpg
    Really am tempted to use this mesh as a new basepoint to remodel this taking some elements into account that I was unclear about when I started and just redo it all.

Lizzy777ashleytingerJES
    Additions of the radiator thingies. Be changing up the materials as the matte chrome on the grill fins are just nasty. Takes way to long to calculate the surface.

yeager-110.jpg

yeager-111.jpg

ignore the uneven vanes near the one end. I have since adjusted it out of the array.
    Lizzy777JES
    Decided the nacelles needed help. Gonna use some ideas I used on the re-re-connie. Figure I could do some 25% but still look like TOS nacelles or least trek with modern complexity of form without tossing greebles all over it. I am still keeping some ideas in mind that exist on the canon or STD canon nacelles like some of those ribbed panels etc.

yeager-113.jpg

yeager-114.jpg

yeager-115.jpg

I am tempted to not do the other hoop below the bussard and just do the TOS rib dealies you see behind the bussards. Kinda have it open.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerJES
  • Arvis1804Arvis18047 Posts: 16Member
    Are you planning to keep the lower nacelles inverted or are you going to make them more like the canon Cardenas and put them right-side-up like the upper ones?
    They will be as they are now. Following canon examples from ENT lost era (stargazer) and latter TNG. IE nx01 maneuver and Prometheus.

I can come up with arguments that support both but visually it looks better to me. The original also had them offset from top to bottom as well.
    More nacelle details from lastnight. Not sure about the spikes as of yet but stuck them on to see how it looks.

yeager-117.jpg
    yeager-118.jpg
    yeager-119.jpg
    yeager-120.jpg
    ViperLizzy777rojrenJES
  • ViperViper1677 Posts: 716Administrator
    Not sure the spikes go with the rest of the ship. And I say keep the nacelles inverted :)
    Stuff from yesterday

yeager-121.jpg

yeager-122.jpg

yeager-123.jpg
    Lizzy777JES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1989 Central OhioPosts: 1,225Member
    I really REALLY love the front ends of those nacelles. Very cool looking.
    Fooling with the nacelle bodies themselves. Kinda ate into the area I had planned on to cut out for the warp grills so dunno.

yeager-124.jpg

yeager-125.jpg

yeager-126.jpg

yeager-127.jpg
    Lizzy777publiusrJES
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Interesting, I quite like that transition from flat to curved that you added. The red lights coming out of the pylon connection are certainly unique, is that supposed to be warp plasma?
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Errr I guess I did not post this comment as the forum says it is a draft. . . . . so it will get attached to the update!

I figured it would be extra excited gasses off the bussards or something but it is not intended to be so strong if I keep it there. It would be a dim glow behind grills at the most.

Stuff from last night, Grills and nacelly bits. Collapsed and ready for panels etc.

yeager-134.jpg

yeager-135.jpg

yeager-136.jpg

yeager-137.jpg

Probably undo those vanes off the backside and do something else.

no update to 3dscifi as it keeps attempting to tell me to save the php results vs opening it in client. Not sure if it is me or the forum, hoping eric will see it here. If not I'll pm later.

RekkertLizzy777ashleytingerJES
    Not a huge update but plasma flush vents? or something. Redid the upper flap things too.

yeager-140.jpg

yeager-144.jpg

Should have rounded out the endcap more before cutting it all up though.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerJES
    Mess of waste of time modeling (mainly bits and junk in the bussards) Also altering existing bits that some might not like but I have deemed as visually important to the original idea. Namely the joined struts however I have mounted them to the hull in a large block vs what the original had which was a mount off the bottom strut. Idea is there is a manifold to divide to each nacelle. So I can have flush valves or some detail if I really want in the join section.

yeager-147.jpg

yeager-148.jpg

yeager-149.jpg

yeager-150.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerJES
    Added flush vents then stuck connie like grills on top. Not sold on the grills as of yet so I might remove them. Being textured they do all sorts of whack thing exp them added to the shadows they cast and AA means weird efx.

Also went about exchanging out some of the materials. Then today I decided to look at getting in some docking collars on the hull. This ship is terrible for locations to put these things. One in render is for small craft. Decided that opening between the hull would work out for small shuttles and those little pods from ENT/TMP guessing a tos era looking one would exist for purpose. Also those workbees from STD I think used that same collar arrangement.

yeager-154.jpg

yeager-157.jpg

yeager-158.jpg

Lizzy777JES
    Some rooms around the docking collar adjustments to the collar substructure, misc stencils and consolidating the shuttle bay area into a more cohesive object. Final image is placement of more windows on the hull. These I think are all that will be on the top of the ship except maybe something on the saucer itself. Concept art has windows on that inner lip of the saucer but the cgi model lacks these windows. Also considering putting windows on the inner hump as my model this is domed a bit where the STD ver it is flat. Even as a flat object having say some large skylights for a crew lounge or something would be nice.

yeager-160.jpg

yeager-162.jpg

yeager-163.jpg
    Lizzy777publiusrJES
    Decided to dump the entire halfround area. I changed out the impulse drives but not sure if what I have now is what I will go with in the end.
    yeager-170.jpg

yeager-171.jpg

yeager-165.jpg

yeager-164.jpg

ashleytingerLizzy777JES
    Backside and underside details and a look into the grill bits of the impulse drives.
    yeager-174.jpg

yeager-177.jpg
    yeager-179.jpg
    yeager-180.jpg

I am rethinking the aft torps as it is a bit of a cop out to just cut a hole in and insert the bits. I am thinking more of what I did for my re-re-connie yet again.

rex2connie-241.jpg
    FabioLizzy777JES