Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

1111213141517»

• ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    aurora_deck_1___bridge_by_ashleytinger_dgsi9hy-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA5MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGdzaTloeS0xYTI5OGY2Zi1kMzQ4LTQ0ODAtODgxZS1hZmM5NTY1YjE4NzgucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.HeF2msy-hEokb4eGq9pZkLAVtTFSmnkIi03hj3Xv9v4

aurora_deck_1___bridge_with_crew_by_ashleytinger_dgsid16-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA5MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGdzaWQxNi0xYTI3OGI4NS1iMWFhLTRkOWEtODkwZi03MjgyZmU3MDA2NDgucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.DhoEIvJ5JZalKydSC4dUqb-a10CZoF8XEXSnJ9K1znQ

Well a week of work on her and the bridge portion of deck 1 is complete!

I also realized that I had used an older version of the registry in the WIP tags, so that's done. So this version is two-fold, first I finished the LCARS, adjusted placement so they weren't just floating in front of the screens (whoops) and then tweaked the set overall to import it to work in DAZ from Blender. And then I had to rebuild the consoles, and the chairbacks and a few pieces of the ceiling because while they looked great in Blender, they had some major geo issues in DAZ.

So after some very nice input from all of you and on Discord, I think I'm happy with this set for now. I may try and tweak the lighting to better match the blue tint I had in Blender but it worked pretty well with the crew in it as is.

Want to thank @seanr for the assist, advice, some set pieces I used to learn bridge building in Blender a few years ago, and the idea of a better version of the Ambassador Class bridge!

StarCruiserrojrenwibbleMadKoiFishLizzy777Rekkertcaveat_imperator
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    That bridge is really well laid out and modeled. Very very blue though. Feels rather cold. Other than that it'd make a great Ent-C bridge.
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    That bridge is really well laid out and modeled. Very very blue though. Feels rather cold. Other than that it'd make a great Ent-C bridge.

It's before Starfleet cornered the market on beige paint for like a decade ;) And thanks!

And it very much is for an Ambassador, just the original Probert concept rather than the straight up Ent-C version but no reason you couldn't swap out any ship specific graphics I put in there.
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    I wonder how some parts, like the ceiling, would look in blue metal.
    ashleytinger
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    Beige was all the reige. :p I don't think it's the colour of the carpet and doors that threw me but the light. A pale warm yellow or orange might balance it out nicely, but then I'm not the one doing it. A shame that more of Proberts stuff didn't make it to the screen. This would have made a good base for a ship of the week rather than the Battle Bridge.
    wibble wrote: »
    I wonder how some parts, like the ceiling, would look in blue metal.

Which metal you thinking? I've got a variety of shaders to play with. ;)
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Beige was all the reige. :p I don't think it's the colour of the carpet and doors that threw me but the light. A pale warm yellow or orange might balance it out nicely, but then I'm not the one doing it. A shame that more of Proberts stuff didn't make it to the screen. This would have made a good base for a ship of the week rather than the Battle Bridge.

Very true. Course they ended up using the Battle Bridge as a bridge of the week a number of times before it got rebuilt, but he did have some great concepts.
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    Which metal you thinking?

Hm, honestly I haven't thought that far. Maybe something in that direction? I'm talking about the blue metal stripe on the doorframe: Link
    wibble wrote: »
    Which metal you thinking?

Hm, honestly I haven't thought that far. Maybe something in that direction? I'm talking about the blue metal stripe on the doorframe: Link

If I get a chance I might have to play with that.
    tng_transporter_room_03_by_ashleytinger_dh2nh36-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MjA5NSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZhYzQ1MmE2LTBiYTMtNGIzYS05MTE1LTQ5NWM4NjAxYTc3M1wvZGgybmgzNi04MmM3ZDllMi1iOWUzLTRiMDItOGU0YS00N2EwY2Q1OTE3Y2MuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.M_TwjO0po1oCtja5bouFbfFYZo3XrSZPW0TrxgqM3Jk

While not entirely exact (they did modify this set nearly every season for the show's 7 year run) it will definitely suit most people's purposes.

Built in Blender from blueprints, screenshots, some excellent references and advice from about 25 different people I love and respect. Thank you for the assist!
    StarCruiserlennier1MadKoiFishwibblerojrenLizzy777
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I really like the doorway, it looks a little more symmetrical and balanced than I remember. The green is rather cozy too, reminds me of old train set paints.
    ashleytinger
    tng_lwaxana_visit_by_ashleytinger_dh3tdor-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTQ1IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kaDN0ZG9yLTU4NThmMTQ4LWNiMDEtNDJkMi04ZDUzLWFiYmQyMTAwNmM3Ny5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.LfLmVjyzR0sV3Vd_MSSlur0OuC3E6Agd_Imjmxnfm_o

Putting the set through its paces!

A somewhat impromptu visit from Deanna's mother has Picard putting on his best friendly but concerned face as Deanna watches annoyed and Riker can't help but be amused. As usual, Chief O'Brien wonders if he's going to have to handle her luggage, especially since Mr. Homm isn't here.

Transporter Room 3 was built in Blender. Uniforms are from amyaimei The lighted gridwork on either side of the transporter initially done by @seanr

wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777