Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• commandersozocommandersozo504 Posts: 630Member
    looks aewsome. but why not set the LCARS in the blue-yellow nemesis-colorscheme? would like to see that style...
  • I14R10I14R1070 Posts: 140Member
    I know I'm just repeating myself here, but I really really like this bridge. This one is definitely my favourite. You managed to create distinctly late 24th century look. That's awesome.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! :)

@commandersozo: That was JMP11's choice, he wanted the LCARS to have the distinct Insurrection colors. I think they look great! :)

@I14R10: Hahaha, thank you very much! :)

Here are some finished renders of the bridge:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1541445532
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1540454545
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-03.jpg?1540454549
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-04.jpg?1540454539
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-05.jpg?1540454544
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-06.jpg?1540454549
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-07.jpg?1540454537

Under red alert:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1540454540
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-06r.jpg?1540454559
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-07r.jpg?1540454547

Under blue alert:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01b.jpg?1540454535
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-06b.jpg?1540454554
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-07b.jpg?1540454542

And the style I've settled on for the new cutaway graphics, a lot simpler, but I think more elegant, than the old ones:
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-challenger-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1540454551
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I dig it. Beautiful work. That horseshoe looks great in black. :thumb:
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Looks absolutely splendid. I know you work on commissions, but I would be curious to see how other areas of the ship like Corridors, Engineering, etc will have been refurbished post Sovereign Class ships.
  • D-JotaD-Jota390 Posts: 47Member
    Your inner Probert and Zimmerman are coming through loud and clear on this one.

I love everything about it; arguably my favourite of your designs. :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1188 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,629Member
    Beautiful work, as always. Like I said before, I love the color scheme used here.
    @Schimpfy: Thank you! Indeed it does look great in black, we tried other colors but it simply didn't seem to work. :)

@mdta: Thanks! Haha I'd love to see that as well, who knows, maybe I'll get to work on that in the future. :rolleyes:

@D-Jota: Hahaha, thanks, That's high praise! :)

@BolianAdmiral: Thank you very much! I love the colors myself hahaha.

I'm already starting to gear up for the next commission, stay tuned! ;)
    Given that I spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at screencaps of the Ent-E bridge for the Challenger commission, I've compiled a list of all the changes it had during its appearances that I noticed.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/enterprise-e-bridge.htm
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2069 Central OhioPosts: 1,264Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Given that I spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at screencaps of the Ent-E bridge for the Challenger commission, I've compiled a list of all the changes it had during its appearances that I noticed.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/enterprise-e-bridge.htm

This bridge looks amazing.

I'm also amazed how many changes the bridge went through between just a few films. they're small ones, but sheesh
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I'm also amazed how many changes the bridge went through between just a few films. they're small ones, but sheesh

THIS. And while I'd argue that certain changes could be said to have been noticeably for the better (I'm looking at YOU overzealous black tape!) a lot of them do seem quite, quite pointless! :lol:

ETA: I'm very much liking the Condition Blue lighting setup - it brings to mind a more refined version of what we saw in "Yesterday's Enterprise". :cool:
    I have a feeling that the bridge was resembled in a rush for Insurrection. I mean... so many elements were apparently missed on that movie, only to reappear on Nemesis. :lol:

I've started my next interior, commissioned by Starscream, and we're going back to the 23th Century for this one! :D

It's the bridge of a Constellation-Class starship, as it looked when it was brand new. The name isn't set in stone, but as Starscream wants to modify the outer appearance a bit, we're going with the prototype USS Constellation NX-1974 for now.

The idea with it is to take the styling of the Hathaway/Enterprise-C bridge set, with its long blocky consoles, and re-imagine it with a movie budget in mind. Down to basics it'll be an "Enterprise-A meets Enterprise-C" bridge, but with several brand new and interesting bits thrown in, including a visit to an alternate timeline for some inspiration. ;)

The basic structure is in place, but a lot of shapes and materials are temporary at this point.

c1_01_by_rekkert-dcqpi47.png
    Plus, all the other registries either have a registry that would make them a touch too new for what I had in mind, or have an existing bridge seen onscreen that I don't want to get the canon-obsessed in knots about :D

Looking awesome so far Rekkert! Gotta love that C23rd non-slip flooring too :thumb: Though I've belatedly realised I should have double-checked the color I used for the padding on the PS paintover I sent you... :shiner: I'll send some accurate photo refs ASAP!
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918267 Posts: 453Member
    Interesting. Will this feature the blue-green okudagrams introduced in TVH, or will it feature the interfaces seen in Star Treks I-III?
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    I have a weak spot for starships with four nacelles. :) I?ve always been a fan of the Constellation class design. I?m eager to see your design for its bridge?s humble beginning. That padding color is perfect for it?s time period! :lol:
    Very nice start! I'm loving the look of the wall consoles so far. Will there be any elements from the Stargazer bridge worked into this, as well?
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    Interesting. Will this feature the blue-green okudagrams introduced in TVH, or will it feature the interfaces seen in Star Treks I-III?

Ah-ha, you caught on! :D The intention is indeed to include some very minor hints of TWOK displays within the later Okudagram format. I have some rough example ideas I might post here. Physical controls will play a part in some places, as they did in TUC, and again there should end up being some hints of the older style there too.

@BolianAdmiral sort of. ;) The idea I'd had was for the main control surfaces at the seated consoles to have that unlit, desaturated style of graphic that could be seen both on the Stargazer and in other "old" ships. Beyond that, I really wanted to avoid the TWOK bridge shape, as it got used to death in TNG and I got sick of seeing it. :lol:
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Physical input controls, and readout displays with Okudagrams perhpas. The ones that featured in TVH being a slightly less refined version of the ones that would go on in TNG, TFF and TUC. So a chance to either de-evolve those slightly, or just expand the elements that were lost between TVH and TFF.
    Glad you're all liking the start! I'm very anxious to work on the 23th Century stuff again and seeing how it works with all the new stuff I've learned this past year. :)

More groundwork done all around, placing the doors alcove in (though they still need several adjustments), and starting with the ceiling and central pit. Both elements will be heavily based off of the TUC Enterprise-A bridge, though as you can see the ceiling will be much darker. I've also swapped some of the consoles around, and reworked the buttresses.

c1_02_by_rekkert-dcqsdjz.png
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann696 Posts: 1,339Member
    In that low lighting I mistook that console for the captain's char and imagined it spinning on a motor to view all the displays as crewmen move about the bridge.
    I'm liking the layout so far. Personally, I'm partial to brighter, more TNG-era lighting, so I'm hoping the overall bridge will end up getting at least a bit brighter. I like the start of that center ceiling light - I'm curious to see what kind of details you all have in mind for that, and how it will develop.
    Nope, sorry - this is TUC era, so the lighting level and colors will be set accordingly (possibly even a little darker, to give more of a TWOK feel) :)

ETA: I like TNG lighting for (some) TNG/+ sets, but generally favor not being blinded (!) by migraine-inducing brightness. I also like bridges to reflect more of a command centre feel. That said, I have a mid-late TNG era Oberth in mind That's pretty bright...
    The overall illumination is low, however it will increase a bit as more light fixtures are added. Right now the steps are a bit of a hazard with such a low light. :p

The ceiling is pretty much done now. The central dome is transparent unlike that on the Enterprise, as it'll include okudagrams inside it.

The basic shapes of the steps are likewise done, though more refinement and details are still to be added. Those will help with the visibility aspect as well, as all the materials there are pretty dark right now.

c1_03_by_rekkert-dcqtwfi.png
    c1_04_by_rekkert-dcqtwg8.png
    They can damned well trip on them, like they would have had to for the decade or so before TVH! :lol:

The ceiling is looking great, and the centre well is looking perfect too! Any minor points I'll send over email :)
    Hahaha, but here the fall would be longer. :p

I've added some more light fixtures so the overall lighting is a bit increased. The pit area has been further refined, plus I've changed the ceiling center piece to the TMP one.

c1_03a_by_rekkert-dcqv73u.png
    c1_04_by_rekkert-dcqv74h.png
    Very nice. The ceiling design is interesting. IDK why, but I'm almost getting a Bajoran/DS9-era vibe from it. Like I said, IDK just why.
    One thing I just noticed Rekkert, but didn't see looking at the email: The central fixture is teardrop-shaped -- I think it'd work better as a simple cylinder on this one. :)

BolianAdmiral the teardrop could be why? :) One of the Bajoran ship interiors was re-used in Insurrection as the captain's yacht also, so it seems there is some Starfleet influence there (or vice versa!) I always wondered what a post-UFP integration Bajoran ship might look like, but maybe they just buy up mothballed SF ships! :lol:
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    From that angle the ceiling has a Bajoran vibe to it because it looks similar to the Bajoran symbol that was seen everywhere on a Bajoran anything in DS9 :lol:
    3420AA77-6D05-43DC-AF21-6E98C863EE43.jpegE8547283-9631-490A-962C-65284C50DF0E.jpg
    112667.jpeg
    112668.jpg
    Those pesky Kosst-Amojan thumping Bajorans, and their obsessive iconography! ;)
    JMP11 wrote: »
    From that angle the ceiling has a Bajoran vibe to it because it looks similar to the Bajoran symbol that was seen everywhere on a Bajoran anything in DS9 :lol:
    3420AA77-6D05-43DC-AF21-6E98C863EE43.jpegE8547283-9631-490A-962C-65284C50DF0E.jpg

Yup. That's why it gave me the Bajoran vibe.