Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Star Trek Thread

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That Ent-E turret was for First Contact. It was going to be part of the space walk sequence in an early script if I remember correctly.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    That baby nacelle on top of the saucer is so silly! Like putting a 2 stroke engine on your Mustang as "backup"
    Brandenberg
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    bi85na6xndpy.png
    wdxj6gapeh5b.png

Here is the location for the torpedo launchers I am talking about.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    japetus wrote: »
    That baby nacelle on top of the saucer is so silly! Like putting a 2 stroke engine on your Mustang as "backup"

Great way to put that. B)
    edited May 2020 #966
    That's helpful @admiral horton When the upper and lower separate, where would we put the rear launcher on the upper half? As you know there is already extra launching capability on the front of the lower half.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    count23 wrote: »
    I like that your prometheus refit only cuts into two separate combat craft instead of 3. Great call on that.
    Thanks man. You almost HAVE to. The Prometheus is supposed to become multiple ships. But... the "Saucer Ship" just went too far with it's weird engine configuration and the resulting question about warp cores. So this is the obvious fix. I think a warp fighter, being so much smaller might get overlooked, as the two bigger ship structures go at an adversary. The fighter could wait inside the shield protection of the upper half until a surprise moment.
    [/quote]

agreed.

I think maybe a few warp-capable craft docked under the separation line below the saucer is a better choice tbh. Instead of launching from the bridge area.

If i were ever doing the prommy, i'd personally be enlarging the impulse engines, keeping them blue and making them the saucer's warp nacelles (sans the bussards which are not needed for warp flight and just refueling). Nebula class had no visible impulse engines and the prommie's are blue, no reason those grills couldn't have been the saucer warp engines instead of the stupid whack-a-mole ones they installed.

Brandenberg
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    edited May 2020 #968
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    oh yeah there were these things too
    latest?cb=20120430155248&path-prefix=answers

Torpedo's coming out of the phaser strip is wrong, there is no placement for them to come out. I got into a heated discussion with Doug Drexler over the FX shot seen in Way of the Warrior with this mistake.

John Eaves designed those weapons and put the drawing up on his Blog, you can clearly see that the round torrent was for phaser only.
    The torpedo's would come from a hole at the top of the sail just above the phaser strip in the picture above.

I showed the drawing to Doug and he admitted that it was a mistake.
    They where working to a time limit to get the FX done for the episode and it slipped though.

Here is John Design that they used.

ads9-1.jpg

fsd.trekships.org/art/images/ads9-1.jpg

Post edited by Freak on
    publiusr
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9797 Posts: 5,324Member
    whatever, canon shows it as a turret and if I remember it was referenced in show as well.
    Brandenberg
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    LOL, yeah it is canon and torpedoes are now energy based and not physical. ;)
    edited May 2020 #971
    I remember a scene where those rounded turrets were rotating and firing something. I don't remember if it was phaser fire or photon torpedoes.
    edited May 2020 #972
    I think maybe a few warp-capable craft docked under the separation line below the saucer is a better choice tbh. Instead of launching from the bridge area.
    Not a bad idea - getting closer to a carrier concept. The other thing about your idea is that I've been bothered a little about how the pilot would get into the fighter if it was attached at the top in the same place as that 2 stroke warp engine. He or she wasn't going to get in very quickly unless the ship was really recessed into the hull and there was some kind of forcefield barrier above it. Essentially a vertical hanger bay.
    If I were ever doing the prommy, I'd personally be enlarging the impulse engines, keeping them blue and making them the saucer's warp nacelles (sans the bussards which are not needed for warp flight and just refueling). Nebula class had no visible impulse engines and the prommie's are blue, no reason those grills couldn't have been the saucer warp engines instead of the stupid whack-a-mole ones they installed.
    Also not a bad idea. I'd love to see you take a whack at this.
    I should also say that there were impulse engines on the Nebula. They were odd - very small and kind of tacked on almost as an afterthought.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Nice job :)

I have a concept with smallish nacelles like what count is suggesting lol
    Brandenberg
    zvfaobgfxd2k.jpg
    Sometimes I think the saucer on this reminds me of a crocodile. Vicious bite.

So @admiral horton I was getting the message that you wanted the deflector area cleaned up. I must now agree so the photon torpedo tubes are placed as yo you suggested.

pbm9ub3yz8eh.png
    kaden wrote: »
    Nice job :)

I have a concept with smallish nacelles like what count is suggesting lol
    Thanks and you should do it!
    That's helpful @admiral horton When the upper and lower separate, where would we put the rear launcher on the upper half? As you know there is already extra launching capability on the front of the lower half.

there is no rear launcher on the primary hull or middle hull, just on the trinary hull, the middle has 2 forward launchers cut into the slope.
    Prometheus Phase II: This shot has the "two-stroke" engine taken off the bridge and two warp fighters in a depressed bay on the lower attack sled.
    tec11foc2apg.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    edited May 2020 #980
    @admiral horton
    Ortho panel is available at https://deviantart.com/search?q=Lightwaveman
    Essentially just click on the DeviantArt symbol on the upper right of any of my posts.
    got it and watching you on DevianArt
    want to see this Nebula Class, and please post the Niagara Class you did on your DevianArt page
    I assume you mean Orthos of the Niagara?
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    love it @Brandenberg, so much better than the "canon" one.

Also since you liked my last naming suggestion, can i suggest the class of warp fighter (if you don't use an existing one) that the Prometheus carries are "Ethon-Class".

In greek mythology, Ethon was the name of the eagle that tormented Prometheus by eating his liver every night while Prometheus was tied to a rock by Zeus.

Small craft launching from the recently exposed underbelly of the Prometheus class, Ethon class seems appropriate ;)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Thanks @count23 I have a childhood memory of a scene in a movie that must have been about that. As a child it really disturbed me (being eaten alive). As an adult I think your suggestion is a good one. I guess that means I need to finish the warp fighter with an original twist so that I am not naming @kaden 's fighter for him.
    edited May 2020 #986
    want to see this Nebula Class
    I really need to work on the Nebula Class so it might be a few days.
    I was going to work on a Klingon Bird of Prey.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    You could do a variant for short range combat to fit better, because the one I am working on is the long range recon version.

I will try get a basic hull mesh finished and send you a copy if you like, probably just a basic version without all the small details. I am not sure how well it will export.
    Brandenberg
    Man that's super nice and a good suggestion.
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Came back, and spotted your 'looks like a crocodile head', and my very first thought was: USS Steve Irwin
    And couldn't stop grinning, because just imagine what fun he'd have with the rubber latex forehead people.
    BrandenbergLizzy777
    Krikey me starship... :) I miss that guy. Such a shame. It all happened so quick.
    edited May 2020 #991
    I took a brief detour and started a Klingon Transport seen in the DS-9 Episodes, "Sons and Daughters" in season 6. To be honest, not sure how I am going to do the big gun-like structure on the side fins at the back. There aren't many clear pictures of it.

b82aokyggv1d.png
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180P5ych0p4thlennier1Warp Propulsion Laboratory