Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

1114115116117118120»

• ashleytingerashleytinger2113 Central OhioPosts: 1,275Member
    Oh I really love those
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg2065 CaliforniaPosts: 2,206Member
    Man that is so good.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804750 Posts: 11,270Member
    Those red grills really scream "Klingon!"
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish10157 Posts: 5,373Member
    Happy accident, as I was mostly aiming at just connecting those "fingers" in the drive "cones".

"wing" details and chamfering out the core bit between the feathers.
    kling-pretos-vray-154.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-156.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-157.jpg
    evil_genius_180Rory1707wibbleLizzy777BrandenbergStarCruiserashleytingercaveat_imperator
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Ah yes, plating like feathers. I love the green lights between.
    Messing about with colors and adjusting some of the contrast colors as well. Also thanks to someone I wasted most of the time messing with new hdris
    Wish I could speed IPR up by just throwing $$ at a gpu or something but looking at taskmanager it is still mostly using the cpu. While 3900x is 5yrs old I cannot justify a 70oox the board and ram. I doubt it would make much of a difference as well.

Anyhow cannot decide on a hdri atm I keep leaning to a pure clean result a warmer tone or ones with l9ots of eye catching kick. Oddly it is also hard to judge how itll affect the mesh as many are way to yellow or way too blue. While the older renders DO lean to making the ship look greener than the base preview material is as it is more drab and darker (all hdri seem to ramp the gamma up overall) It is a reason I still rely on color patches over eyeball in the renderer. Though composite always alters the results and well, I do often tweak stuff in post. ANYHOW. As for the mesh itself I am unsure to go with tones of or go with some contrasting markings. ENT Klingons from memory were all that drabbed grass green with no contrast coloration. Eh maybe I should go browse about at my ent dir and verify. . . .

kling-pretos-vray-166.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-167.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-168.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-169.jpg
    kling-pretos-vray-170.jpg

oh yeah I have not done much for the pods or the warp drives as those are all grouped instances so it is a bit more involved to color them up so I am working out the colors before I get to those parts.
    Brandenbergwibbleevil_genius_180StarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777
    I'd say that's pretty ship shape.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 137Member
    I'm liking the grey-looking version. Makes me think the Klingons have been hanging around Starfleet too much and have started using a grey tint. LOL

A curious question: Do the pylons pivot in any way?
    Would be a fine Romulan Bird-of-Prey tribute, especially visualizing it landing somehow.
    edited July 26 #3580
    Nope, not a fan of moving parts on large objects.

BOP I think it was more of a positioning of the weapons systems and maybe producing oblique angles for weapons fire if your really gonna nerd out.
    It might make sense if this was a TNG era ship for the whole warp geometery thing that lasted all but a season.

This thing was suppose to be a Klingon war era ship. . . . but well I prolly got carried away with shapes and detail. lol KIM it is only 253m long

oh oh yeah forgot the gray looking one is due to the HDRI lighting the scene, many with a lot of blue sky tent to alter the tonality of the materials with a strong color cast. The real color of the ship is a gray with a hint of green in pure white light. I let the hdri over blow the image so dark stuff shows up in WIP images. I usually tone it all down for scene renders.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804750 Posts: 11,270Member
    Star Trek design has been all over the place for a lot of years, especially with JJ Abrams and the Disco people doing stylized reboots and retcons. So, this could totally work for the Klingon war era.

I have to say, I really like your hull colors on this one. The muted tone to the greens and browns is really looking great.