Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP USS Conviction

• komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    I think your texture are fine, much better than my attempts!

I did what evil_genius said. But I started with a dark bump map, then, put more details into a dark specular map...finally I took the specular, and redone all the layer with very light colors. I could have done it light grey, but I prefer white. With a normal lighting, the hull is light grey anyway.
    well I kind of like the pylons the way they are, but I will explore adding a junction that goes from the top of the pylon and make a V shape downward to the hull.
    I have redone the pylon, not entirely finished but this is the main shape. More bulky with a different curve

conv16.jpg
    conv17.jpg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Very interesting. This ship makes me think of a Seahorse.
    There's even places for babies (Shuttles) in the belly ;) . I did some work on the bridge section...you can also see I put more textures on the pylons.

conv18.jpg

conv19.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804607 Posts: 11,186Member
    It's looking good. Those are some really interesting nacelle pylons.
    Done the conference room in the back. Started on a general shape for the engines.

conv20.jpg

conv21.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm.... This looks more and more like an Apple-version of the Constitution-class...
    JJ Bridge should fit in well, then. :p (I like that bridge. xD )

This is certainly a unique take on a classic.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Hm.... This looks more and more like an Apple-version of the Constitution-class...

I found my registry number I-1701 ;)
    Let's not say Apple too much here, as they might put a brevet for the design similarities between ST ships and their Iphone.
    I tried 2-3 types of engine design. Even the one for the new era. I prefer that one, which is a mix of new and TNG. Still not finished but with the overall shapes.

conv22.jpg

conv23.jpg
    I like them. Overall, I like the lines of the ship. It's similar to the Constitution-class, but clearly a newer design.
    I did this tonight, but still unsure if I like it or not.

conv24.jpg

conv25.jpg

update: nah. I think I like them better all white and mostly straight
  • PsychyoPsychyo0 Posts: 0Member
    This design is looking awesome! The swept back neck really makes the it stand out.

In my opinion, the nacelles could do with a pinch of black on them. You could try working it in with the black on the pylons. Maybe have it trail off or something.

Can't wait to see her finished.
    Yah...maybe the black could be on the side where the pylons are.
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    Would you consider putting little engines on the sides of the nacelles to thrust them away from the ship if they malfunctioned and needed to be jettisoned?
  • CaptRicoSakaraCaptRicoSakara331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice concept overall. =3
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into it...once I get some free times. I didn't get much of it, since my job reverted to a day job, instead of a night job (That's a good thing I guess)
    I did some work on the engines. The colors are better. Modify the shape, so slightly, etc...And add inside the engines the thing that collect stuff.

conv26.jpg

conv27.jpg

conv28.jpg
    Nice work on the iTerprise... ;)
    Looks great.
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    Love the nacelles and saucer. Very fluid.
    Fast update. Begun work on the saucer for more details. Pods, modification in the center elevation. Next will be the lettering and the phasers. I want to add lights but I didn't find a solution that doesn't crawl rendering.

conv29.jpg

conv30.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    komaro wrote: »
    . I want to add lights but I didn't find a solution that doesn't crawl rendering.

which software is this, in blender i would try turning off full raytracing and using a simpler method. in my experience the difference between such images is often barely visible.
    Usually, shadow maps are faster for rendering. I think that's universal, no matter your software.

The ship is looking great. Are you planning on adding windows?
    Usually, shadow maps are faster for rendering. I think that's universal, no matter your software.

The ship is looking great. Are you planning on adding windows?

Yes I do for windows...After I do the phasers. I also have to do a hangar bay, an impulse engine eventually...
    I use 3dsmax. I think the shadows are hard traces, that might explain the slowness in render. Not sure...
    Done the phaser. Something basic for the Enterprise A era, but still on a new magnetic rail.
    By the way, I am kind of interested in the new changes in Cinema 4D for rev15. They seems to did some good stuff for modelling. The changes for 3dsmax were kind of minimal, mostly toward animations. Deception for 2014, I will keep my 2013.

conv31.jpg

conv32.jpg

Humm...I should probably put a stopper/bouncer at the end of the rails.
    I really like that phaser, that's a neat idea. Since the phasers are controlled by the computer, they should be able to stop on a dime. So, I'm not sure if you need a bumper, unless you really want to do one. :)
    That's an interesting idea for aprototype phaser-strip of sorts...
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Completely agree with Aresius and Evil Genius. Those phasers are inspired!!! They're going to be vulnerable to damage ... but that's the point. They're a mid-way step from hard-pointed phaser bubbles to strips.

I love all the "trek but different" touches you're using on this thing.