Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP USS Conviction

• Vortex5972Vortex5972333 Posts: 1,211Member
    Awesome idea. Only thing I'd recommend is to have two emitters per strip. It'll keep the duel nozzle of the TOS/TMP era and the chrage of the TNG era.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Awesome idea. Only thing I'd recommend is to have two emitters per strip. It'll keep the duel nozzle of the TOS/TMP era and the chrage of the TNG era.

And it'll provide backup to maintain firing arcs in the event of damage. :)
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    By the way the emitters can turn 360. Otherwise, I did many tests with the lights...the best are still Omni lights into a tight area that project light following a corridor. I set them on shadow maps to lower render. I did the main name too. Still registry to find. The glow option is horrible in 3dsmax...anyway you try to setup, it's bad looking. Hate it.

conv33.jpg

conv34.jpg

conv35.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    The glow option in max is awsome if you ever seen mad koi fishes work proves that it is good you just need to know what you are doin
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804607 Posts: 11,186Member
    I don't know how it is in 3DS Max, but in Lightwave you can edit the glow strength and the number of pixels for the glow to fall off. I'd assume you need to find something like that.

The registry lights look good.
    I believe madkoifish had a tutorial on here for lighting and glow effects
    colbmista wrote: »
    I believe madkoifish had a tutorial on here for lighting and glow effects

Thanks. I will check it out, because I don't understand which parameters make this effect looks decent.
    I had to switch to the mentalray rendered to get the Mentalray Glow texture. Looking better, but now my spotlights are bad, I have to redo them.
    Well, I had to change every textures that glow for Mentalray, but I do prefer it that way.

conv36.jpg

conv37.jpg

conv38.jpg
    Yes that does look better and your welcome
    As a reference for 3dsmax. This old video of MrBlusummers helped me (Only on youtube) regarding glowing in mentalray
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXByXFFHHvM
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I like where this is going. Very nice.
    Impulse engine and the cargo bay doors

conv39.jpg

conv40.jpg
    Interesting door design. :) I'm liking the engines too.
    Working under the saucer.

conv42.jpg

Ah! I see a problem with the letters of the registry.
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    komaro wrote: »
    Ah! I see a problem with the letters of the registry.

This going to sound odd, but I thought that was a deliberate attempt to make the registry stepped (low to high, outside to in). If you re-worked it into something deliberate and even, it might be a neat twist.

Either way, this thing continues to impress! Keep up the excellent work.
    The saucer is slightly curved. I also have another real bug now. If i try to do any boolean on the saucer, the pods (That are part of the saucer) vanish. So...a bit frustrating I got this so far into the process, but maybe it's logical that way.
    If norm boolean don't work use the pro boolean
    colbmista wrote: »
    If norm boolean don't work use the pro boolean

I tried both of them...I think it's because I have attached the pods to the saucer, and they were fully closed. Each time I do any boolean, the pod vanish and I am left with the cutting intersection lines of the pods. First time I have this problem in Max...I will google it see if there is a solution to this. Anyway, I wasn't too found of putting windows directly on the top or bottom saucer.
    Well, let's remember what I did. Some warning lights on the saucer, the UFP logo and the bottom part in general. I did the torpedo frontal launcher, and also all the windows on the side (Which was a little bit hard, but was ok in the end)

conv43.jpg

conv44.jpg

conv45.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work.
    The Federation Emblem makes it kinda feel like the Trek version of the Airforce-1, tho. ;)
    Worked on hull plating

conv46.jpg

conv47.jpg
    update on the hull, added the pod and some greeble. Also put sensor strip behind the nacelles (Yellow)

conv48.jpg

conv49.jpg

conv50.jpg
    The greebles and glows are all looking great. They really add a lot of "cool" to the ship. :)
    yah, I don't want to put too much greeble, just enough to add variations. Typically there never been much greeble in ST ships...
    Some ships have little sensors and whatnot, but most stick to the "minimalist" look that Gene Roddenberry and Matt Jefferies wanted for TOS.
    Added some nurnies between the nacelles, and worked on the front side to add title and docking door

conv51.jpg

conv52.jpg
    Finish teh panels on the engines and added greeble. This is probably it for this project. To follow the last renders, and I like doing a presentation movie and some wallpapers.

conv53.jpg

conv54.jpg
    I have made the post on my site with the last renders. Hope you enjoy.

"It is a Star Trek fictive ship that would have existed in the “Abramsverse” around the same time as Enterprise. It is a class Alka-Selsior NCC-1404. The design is a mix of the Enterprise of Abrams, with some more evolution elements like turrets on rails, etc… For the fun of it: Crew is around 500. Among notable crew members: the captain is Curzon Dax, and the doctor is Arik Soong. To follow two wallpapers and a presentation movie"

If you want to see the complete set of still pictures, on my site, click here

conv13.jpg

conv03.jpg