Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVir Inter Astrum Reboot

• ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Is there a reason these latest images are not numbered consecutively?
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Well... I`m just out of compliments. And you amaze me again and again. Awesome model. Nice detail that small radiator on hangar bay. Maybe it will be a good idea to add some to the spin habs and forward module? The only thing that somewhat sticks out is a docking port. I just can`t help, but thinking of it as a regular "door" rather then airtight hatch. Maybe you will think through the standard docking system, to be later used on your ships?

Edit: Found two radiators on each of the spin-pods. So, only nose section isn`t properly cooled.
  • TomboTombo0 Posts: 0Member
    Yep, that's it. I'm going to have to learn French of something, I'm fresh out of words to praise these models in English :)
  • KhayKhay0 Posts: 0Member
    We have no praises in french. We're only good at profanities.^^
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Do you mind posting a screen shot of the crew breakdown? I am just curious to see how it came out.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i too am running out of compliments, the new frigate looks brilliant now, and the detailing is perfect.
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    You all are far too kind! Thank you.
    @ Stonecold, the doors on the shuttlebay is an emergency escape hatch, it basically blows off and depressurizes the compartment, or the entire forward hull if the hatches are open. The pods have one too.
    @Knight26, I'm at work but will post it when I went home. The only thing I fudged was the airwing, it came out at, like 30 people, which seemed large for a single small shuttle.

The US frigate is rendering away at home, so while I was on an interminable conference call I managed to block out the Commonwealth frigate. It's showing the 3 different pod positions, rotating, combat, and long acceleration. The 'wings' at the front will hold the FTL missiles, coolant tanks and turrets. The center section is the pressurized crew section. Engines at the back.
    ukfrig.png
    Hmm, yeah that is odd, i will look into that
    Haha... A see the legacy of Moscow class!

Try to make "spine" longer, and place berween the habitat and thrusters some droppable propellant tanks. I think that would look interesting.
    Interesting...
    Got some work done on the folding mechanism
    25773298.jpg
    19595995.jpg
    One question, how does the crew transfer over when the arms are extended?
    They don't, they are sort of stuck out there.
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    They don't, they are sort of stuck out there.
    That must really suck if you have to go to the bathroom, ;)
    Waste is jetissoned in space ;) BTW, on Moscow class, there was a coridor inside the "arm" to allow access in all hab positions. I guess, you can add the coridor too, with hatch in the axis of rotation of habitat.
    I'll do the hatch in the center axis on larger ships, excellent idea and one I was scratching my head about. I spent time yesterday reworking the layout of the UC frigate, the horizontal one wasn't working so I'm trying a vertical one, which I think looks better
    ukfrig.png
    Well, now it is less blocky, more agressive-looking.... and resemble Moscow class even more :D

BTW, just as a side note. Do you still keep Su-344 and drone files? You never got to actuall rendering of them, but I remember that I sent them over to you. Do you intend to render them somwhere after the first circle of main models will be completed?
    The shape looks better that way imho.
    tonight's update;
    The US frigate being rendered
    usfri.png
    And making progress on the UC one;
    uc1u.png

And yep, still got the models stonecold. I'll do one on the next round of fighters
    You forgot to paint radiator on FTL missile in the same colour as main radiator. Save for that - looks fantastic.
  • wminsingwminsing171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm also running out compliments. :) The US Frigate looks superb, and the other frigates are coming along nicely!

-Will
    I`ve edited wiki quite a bit. Check if there is something out of order, please. Most of the work on military structure is made by Pan. Mine is a translation and correction. Aso, he wanted to help with militaries of R-USSR and GECD too. With descriptive part, I mean. Thou, his information will require a large amount of correction and fitting.
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic rendering on the Frigate! I like the buildup on the other frigate too.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    bbzwbbzw wrote: »
    tonight's update;
    The US frigate being rendered
    usfri.png
    S***! that is awesome, i am running out of different ways to express how fantastic some of your work is. very beleivable, brilliantly modelled, perfectly rendered. why is there a set of windows in the non spinning centre though when i thought the crew was located in the ends of the arms, couldn't they stay in thew gravity areas and have a control and command centre inside one of those modules? the panelling is excellent.
    why is there a set of windows in the non spinning centre though when i thought the crew was located in the ends of the arms, couldn't they stay in thew gravity areas and have a control and command centre inside one of those modules? the panelling is excellent.

During combat maneuvers, spin-hab is stopped and locked - there`s no gravity in there. And, as far as I remember, Bbzw2 told, that there are only the recreation facilities there - even crew quarters are in zero-g in main hull.

Ans windows are... for dramatic kamikaze-style attacks of GECD pilots, I think ;)
    The forward section contains flight control, CIC, and crew berthing and cargo, as well as the shuttle bay of course. The pods just contain officers quarters and off duty stuff like a gym and wardroom. And thanks for the props!
    Stonecold wrote: »
    Ans windows are... for dramatic kamikaze-style attacks of GECD pilots, I think ;)
    yep!
    aaand tonites update;
    12126258w.png
    74085558.png
    Hope to have the american one finished this weekend.
    That is looking very sweet! Are those missile/torpedo tubes? What's the class called?

@Stonecold - Nice additions to the Wiki. I always feel guilty about editing other peoples contributions, it is ok if I just tweak some of the grammar/spelling?
    Sure thing. English isn`t native for me, so silly errors are granted.

Bbzw2 - great ship. I`m more interested in smaller holes near the hatrhes. Are those retro thrusters, or some sort of weapons?

And, I know, I`ve said this many times allready, but damn... Looks a lot like modernized and shortened Moscow class. Maybe you will wright something about this similarity in a ship description?
    I like the way the rotating arms fold and retract to conform to the hull when despun. The rotating arms of the US ships that barely retract always kinda bothered me, not that they don't look great (they DO look great :D), but i always thought the US engineers would delve in the hellish pits of overengineering to have fully retracting conformal rotating habitats^^ Maybe they learnt the hard way to have simple and practical systems.

It might be a little bit too late to suggest that, but is there any chance that on the second sheet we see the arms in both folded and extended position?

@Stonecold: Appart from the overal layout "weapon section/spin habitat/propulsion" similarity, i don't see much of the much more sleek Moscow in it.