Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDS9 Runabout

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I felt the episode needed to be named. I apologize, I didn't mean to offend you.

You didn't offend me, you just confused me. But that's not difficult to do. ;)

Yeah, I couldn't think of the name. I knew it was Time-something, but I was too lazy to look it up.
  • James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    Only reason I knew it was because I saw this thread, looked around, then thought about doing a size comparison of a danube vs say, a modern day yacht or something, to show they're about the same.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    ItA’s done. Texturing went a lot smoother then I thought, in facht the whole build went by pretty quick, 2 weeks total. Having that model kit surely was a lot of help.
    A flyby is rendering over the weekend, I hope to have it done sometime next week.

So here it is...

runabout_00.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/runabout/runabout_00.jpg

runabout_01.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/runabout/runabout_01.jpg

runabout_02.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/runabout/runabout_02.jpg

runabout_03.jpg

www.thelightworks.com/wip/runabout/runabout_03.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Sweet!!!

Just one minor nitpick: Wouldn't you expect to see a small amount of illumination in that cockpit cutout, where the light from the interior shines through the windows? The studio model never had to deal with that, because there wasn't anything beyond those black windows.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Tobias I have to say the interior looks extremely convincing, and thank you for the wallpaper sizes they're going straight in Queue on my Desktop. You are making some of the greatest art work for the franchise (for free) and I as sci fi aficionado really appreciate this sort of quality, precision and effort.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Gives me goose bumps whenever I see your work. Awesome. Completely awesome.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Once again your work is unparalleled.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful! I sure hope that flyby includes DS9. ;)
  • RekkertRekkert4070 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Beautiful work Tobias.
    So, when do you start work on the Defiant? ;)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Damned fine looking ship. Great work, especially in the time you did it, just banged that out in no time at all.

On to the spaceborne toilet seat next then I'm guessing?

:p
    Awesome work, as always. Your materials and textures always have a great, realistic look to them.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Beautiful work Tobias.
    So, when do you start work on the Defiant? ;)

Will be finished on Monday. :lol:
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Good job! Me likes!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    Orthos? :lol: You know I had to say it.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Great results, as always. Trying to find something new and interesting to say in your threads is difficult:)

Have you conisdered building one of your own designs? I'm quite sure a lot of people would be very interested in that.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    WOW. I love getting to see the Runabout in this level of detail, there's so many little things I missed. Great job.
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    Truly incredible detail. This is a superb version of my favorite ship design! The interior is excellent as well and I love the efficient way of creating it. I can't wait to see this beauty in action! Great work! Truly great work.
    No Defiant yet - had to play FarCry3 the weekend. I love Open World games...
    No Runabout anim yet - had some render errors that need to be fixed...
    Stay tuned...
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    FarCry3

:thumb:
    No Defiant yet - had to play FarCry3 the weekend. I love Open World games...
    No Runabout anim yet - had some render errors that need to be fixed...
    Stay tuned...

Yeah, sometimes, you just have to game. It's a great way to unwind. :D

That sucks about the render errors. Are they the type that you don't notice until after you've already rendered for hours/days? Those are the worst kind.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Another magnificent mesh produced by you Tobias!
    I found myself sitting and just admiring the renderings posted here and in other threads you posted, escrutinizing every detail ... Exceptional work all around Tobias! :thumb:
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    I've been doing the same thing too... just too speachless to type anything that already wasn't being said! Did anyone say... "SWEET!!" yet? Seriously want hi-res orthos, Tobias, so we can drool on various parts of the hull. :)
    It took some time to do the animation, since I decided to include DS9 and throw in an Excelsior as well, but here it is:

https://vimeo.com/55595042 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLFQ6TqsEkw

Best to watch in HD.
  • JafitJafit0 Posts: 0Member
    Ohgod! Nobody's flying that thing!
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Another stunning video. I think the Runabout is on Autopilot. :)
    Actually, there are two pilots in there. They just sit very deep, so thereA’s only the head of the right seated pilot visible.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    it's amazing to think that this level of tech is available to average person to make high quality movie special effects like this. It's at least as good as the TV show and far better than the CGI the show began implement in season 5.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks amazing. Makes me wish we had a new Trek show with this level of quality of work. I should start a petition for a new Trek series with Tobias Richter in charge of CG. :D
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, awesome work as ever, the lighting was spot on with that flyby, very cool work.