Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DTalon's starship designs of miscellany

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Cheers, I thought since it is going to be on the belly it'll be the detail you can get closest to, so it had better look good.

:D

Naturally. That way, you can do one of those cool Star Wars style long camera pass animations. :D
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Naturally. That way, you can do one of those cool Star Wars style long camera pass animations. :D

WE BRAKE FOR NOBODY
    :p
    WE BRAKE FOR NOBODY
    :p

That's the EXTREMELY slow flyby. :lol:
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I loved the Battle Beyond the Stars one that went on for about half an hour (or so it seemed), as if making it last so much longer than Star Wars' opening shot would make it a better movie or something.

:rolleyes:

When everyone knows giving the lead spaceship knockers is what did that.

Anyhow, managed to get a little more work done on this tonight, finally got the support structure in for that massive dish, and added a collar to the engineering section which was just looking a little too anorexic in the middle now with the fatter fin in place.

Corellian_Courier_WIP_20.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_21.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_22.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_23.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_24.jpg
    Good, now the people aboard can watch TV. ;)

It looks great.
    Cheers bud, everyone knows that decent entertainment is now an essential element of any long haul flight. Gotta keep those Ground Pounders happy.

• Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    Love it. It's quickly becoming one of my favourite Star Wars ships.
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Looks cool! love your designs.
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Cheers bud, everyone knows that decent entertainment is now an essential element of any long haul flight. Gotta keep those Ground Pounders happy.

It's either that or you wind up playing board games against the Wookiee, then you have to let him win or we all know what happens. ;)

Though, I hope there's something better on than the Empire's propaganda broadcasts.
    Starrigger wrote: »
    Looks cool! love your designs.

Cheers, I love your takes on my designs.

;)

It's either that or you wind up playing board games against the Wookiee, then you have to let him win or we all know what happens. ;)

Though, I hope there's something better on than the Empire's propaganda broadcasts.

The secret is to keep a well stocked holo-library. A couple of classic old war floaties tend to keep them sweet.

Well we have a bit of an image heavy update today, have been chipping away at the detailing and have started aft with the engines. Have adjusted them somewhat on detailing them so they are more like the original Republic Cruiser's engines, making them slightly longer than their slightly shorter and stubbier predecessors. I like 'em, but am tempted to go a little shorter again with them due to how close together the engine array has them, the shorter length seemed to balance this better somehow. I might do a slightly shorter version of these new engines for comparison which should be pretty easy to try out. These engines also feature the doors for the aft landing gear, which might be the next thing that gets worked on together with their forward counterparts protruding from the middle of the ship. I'll also look at sorting out a final solution for how I want to integrate that delta fin with the engines. Have to say I'm really enjoying working at this level of detail rather than adding most of it in the texture.

Corellian_Courier_WIP_25.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_26.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_27.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_28.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_29.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_30.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_31.jpg

Corellian_Courier_WIP_32.jpg
    It looks awesome. :thumb:
    Looking ace. I think that that dish is sized perfectly.
    Thanks guys, yeah, I'm pretty happy with the dish size I reckon. Do you think the engines are good as they are, or should I give a shorter version a bash?
    They look good as they are for my liking.
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    They look good as they are for my liking.

Agreed.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the engines are fine as they are, you can always try out a shorter version but that might unbalance it a bit too much.
    With the shorter version I mean going back to the length of engines that I had blocked in with placeholders before, these are a little longer and more in keeping with the original ship, warming to these now though. Might be adding a little more detail here and there, but they're pretty much done. In one of the above shots you can see the bay doors for the landing gear, so I think I'll start work on the interior hidden beneath those doors and what needs to go within.
    Has been a while since I updated this, other projects have taken me away from this for a time unfortunately, but managed to get a little work in today. Anyhow, before committing to building a design for the hull plating for this vessel I thought I'd get a little paint over action in, aiming for something between the look of the Falcon and the panel lines featured on the Republic Cruiser, so below is the unaltered shot of the ship, and the first WIP shot of the paint over. Once I'm happy with the hull plating I'll most likely take a quick stab at the markings for this ship as well. Beneath that as a final detail to check out today, I roughed out the interior of the cockpit and threw a few scale figures in there so we can see just how roomy the thing is, obviously a lot more roomy currently than it will eventually be as it is still empty and has instrument panels and the like to go in there yet, but you can still get a general idea. Going to block out the basic furniture for it next, and then might possibly do a concept paint over for this too, to give myself a few options.

Feedback welcome as ever.

Corellian_Courier_HiRez_01.jpg

Corellian_Courier_PaintOver_WIP01.jpg

Courier_Interior_HiRez_04.jpg

Cockpit_PaintOver_WIP01.jpg
    I like the plan for the paneling. :)
    It would appear that you seem to be treading the line you want just fine. I think an overall smoother look with heavy greebles in the crevices would work well for this. The cockpit is also looking good.
    Paint over continuing at a slower pace due to commitments to other projects, but still getting a little progress on this in there. This update primarily concerns the hull plating on the main body of the ship, and the addition of greeble pits and hatch details. We're getting there I think.

Corellian_Courier_PaintOver_WIP02.jpg
    Looking great. I also like the colour.
    Cheers, most likely won't be this colour though, haven't looked at colour yet in particular as I'm still working on the hull plating. The colour will most likely follow the more traditional Corellian colour scheme of an off white bone colour similar to the Falcon and original trilogy version of the Corvette.
    I really like the panel pattern. :)
    Thanks Evil,

Here's the last one for tonight, paneling pretty much done. There will be more detail than this on actually building this stuff into the model, but I think the paint over now gives a fairly good approximation of what I intend to do.

Corellian_Courier_PaintOver_WIP03.jpg

Finally just a base colour treatment so you can get an idea of the true colour I intend this to be, will throw a few markings on this next to get a full idea of a final colour scheme I have in mind.

Corellian_Courier_PaintOver_WIP04.jpg
    Looking good, I like the color. It looks a lot like the base color for the Falcon, before all of the weathering.
    Yeah, that was the aim, probably could go a bit lighter, or perhaps drop the saturation a little, but it is almost there.
    And here is a version with a rough mock-up of the paint job and wear, back to modelling on this bad boy again methinks.

Corellian_Courier_PaintOver_WIP05.jpg
    That's what TPM ship should have looked like.
    That's really nice. :thumb: