Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDeep Space Nine

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    yeah that is a neat idea
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looks sweet. I did not notice the Workbee docked untill hal mentioned it.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Looks very good, but "donA’t drink before to drive, or you will park in the Gardens of Paradise" could be an statement painted there. :D
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! That's turned out really well, you could easily believe they'd been there all along.
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Mmmmmmm Drooool. Thats one zexy looking station. I can't wait to see more. :thumb:
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Great Idea...
    However I would suggest making those squares where the work be is dock look more modular so it looks modified and placed in position instead of looking like it part of the whole original plan. This would likel but a docked module that some old ORE processing piece was cut away to make room.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Motivated by Tobias thread I thought I need to continue with mine and give you an update.
    With Tobias as good reference I may have to rework a couple of things.
    By now I still need to greeble some areas on the docking ring. But on the other hand I allready layed out and textured the whole core section, except the reactor and windows. :D
    I hope you like it.
    98066.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann696 Posts: 1,339Member
    I so want to take a stroll on the Promenade after seeing that first image... felt like I was watching the show.

You know, i wonder how big those "steps" on the outside were... could someone actually walk up them? I suggested a spaceman walking on Tobias', I can imagine some workers on those steps trying to repair something or eating lunch like that famous Empire State Building under construction picture (though they can't eat in those helmets, so something up to date like checking their e-mail)
    You are giving Tobias a run for his pollies.
    I don't think the white red on the reactors is pulling it off quite right.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804572 Posts: 11,177Member
    That's some really nice work. :thumb:
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1920 CaliforniaPosts: 2,074Member
    That's some really nice work. :thumb:

It certainly is!
    Thank you buddies
    Saquist wrote: »
    I don't think the white red on the reactors is pulling it off quite right.

That inner reactor glow is just one try. I think I will go with one color untill we see what Tobias is doing. ;)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice texture job there Nightfever, can never have too many DS9 models on the go. Both these projects look great.

:thumb:
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    Have you picked out colors for the station yet?
    I have a muted color scheme close to what I think the colors were, but without actual examples guestimating is as much as I can do . .
    gp
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Well well...at moment 3 Station on WIP,+ my...you guys make it very nice,i have to work more harder:rolleyes:
    I saw the dock idea...worker bee's are very nice idea,like that station :)
    Thank you. :)

gpdesigner: I didn't picked out the ultimate colors yet. I may do that when I am done with all the other stuff. By now I really llike that brownish tone I got for now, whereas the studio model is not that brown.
    98095.jpg
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    I am not really sure what colors they used . . I know that there were several color schemes they had that could have something to do with light levels and how they shot the station. The Grey and off yellow seem to be the most acurate or commonly used colors but the exact tone of both those colors are unknown. Dex has the original studio 3D model maybe he knows what colors were used on the 3d version but other than that unless we get hold of the actual physical set then we can only guess.
    gp
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    This has to be one of the best DS9 models I have seen.
    Looks like we need an update here. :rolleyes:
    So there it is: the habitat ring is fully textured now. Further I build the the rotary lancher off the weapon sails and some low poly interiors of the promenade.
    I still have to do some damn greebles on the docking ring, those are making me :mad:
    98487.jpg98488.jpg98489.jpg
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    nice nice!:) i like promenade...Size is seems correct:)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1920 CaliforniaPosts: 2,074Member
    Loving it! The interior rocks!
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,415Member
    Hi nightfever.
    You still work with Cinema?
    It looks fantastic.
    trekki :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work! I love it.
    Thank you.
    Uwe: yes I'm still working with C4D, but not as often as in the past.
    sAs: Size is a truely sad story in DS9
    98493.jpg
    Indeed
    I'm still doing analysis on DS9's size but it's clear that the stations sets were woeully inadequate to represent the true size of the station which no is extremely difficult to determine.

I've found out the size of station compared to numerous other ships, it's interior and now I'm working on determining the size o the statioin as compared to it's own physical details such as the runabout pad size, air locks and the promenade windows.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann696 Posts: 1,339Member
    Bloody Cardassians! They can't design a space station without it being an optical illusion.
    It was a tactical move. :devil:
    It's done, finally.
    So what do I have?
    If all symmetries and instances are converted to polygon objects:
    2500 objects
    2.470.000 polygons
    172 lights
    5 sets of 4096x4096 texture maps (diffuse, specular, bump) and 4 additional light maps

.c4d file will be available wihtin the next few days.
    103756.jpg103757.jpg103758.jpg103759.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Another winner!
    Beautiful work.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Indeed, cracking work well worth the wait. And yet another example that can't make me help but wonder how cool a ST:TNG Blu-Ray style HD remastered DS9 re-release would be.