Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDeep Space Nine

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice work on the pylons.
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I just watched the episode "Empok Nor" and remembered you were having difficulty finding imagery of the docking ports. That episode has two close ups of the runabout docked to an upper pylon, a screen grab from there might help if you haven't found one already.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    Update: the pylon port is done. Looks puny but that was a lot of work to build and place all those tiny parts. Unfortunately I found no screenshot showing the port clearly. So I took Gpdesigners ideas as reference because I really like them. I hope he don't mind ;)

I don't mind . .
    This looks freakin' spectacular my friend . . . rock on :thumb:
    how many poly's are on this puppy?
    gp
  • losthatterlosthatter0 Posts: 0Member
    Very Sexy.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thank you, buddies
    gpdesigner wrote: »
    I don't mind . .
    This looks freakin' spectacular my friend . . . rock on :thumb:
    how many poly's are on this puppy?
    gp

Wow, great to have you back here.
    At present state it has about 1.5 million polys. I think it will end up at 2 million.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Wow, I completely missed that update. :shiner:

I'm loving the detail on the pylons.

The DS9 TM is a definite must-have for a project like this. It's got some great CG images of a lot of the details up close.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    At present state it has about 1.5 million polys. I think it will end up at 2 million.

That is really good nightfever, 1.5 and still you have a staggering amount of detail.. that is schweeeeet!
    When you get to the sensor arrays on the outer ring, don't hold back . . . let her rip, that is going to make her jump right off the screen . . . gonna keep an eye on this thread, I want to see how this comes out . . . you may even light a flame under my but and make me finish the texturing.
    peace
    gp
    I had the time to get the pylon done...finally. ;)
    There is not much new stuff to show as most of it was greeble work on the base of the pylon.
    Next weekend's weather is looking really bad here. So I will care for the big crossover bridge. The profile and angle caused by elevations of the habitat and central core still worries me.
    Great looking greebles. :D
  • RekkertRekkert4126 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,314Member
    It looks amazing nightfever!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Lovely detail you've got in there. Going from strength to strength this project. Keep it up.
    really nice work on those greeble.
    Another update: again...greebles... But all docking ports are finally done.
    Now I go greeble the sensor pallets :runs:
    That looks fantastic. :thumb:
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Wow.....details are awesome!
  • akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    OMG! How long did it take you to do that docking port?
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Heh, talk about greeble city, excellent work.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Beautiful work. No surprise there.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent! I'd like to think one of those circular whatsnames on the sides is a port for a workbee bay, so they can have easy access to ships when they require some repair work.
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Another update: again...greebles... But all docking ports are finally done.
    Now I go greeble the sensor pallets :runs:

I like the cushion for docking as well as the detail on the clamps themselves. Would have been perfect to design as movable pieces to accomodate all kinds of docking ports.
    Thank you!
    Pearse wrote: »
    Excellent! I'd like to think one of those circular whatsnames on the sides is a port for a workbee bay, so they can have easy access to ships when they require some repair work.

I really like that idea and I will capture that.
    Saquist wrote: »
    I like the cushion for docking as well as the detail on the clamps themselves. Would have been perfect to design as movable pieces to accomodate all kinds of docking ports.

If I had any knowlegde about mechanical engineering, I would do this immediatly. But without it would look unreal and like crap. Maybe one day with a lot of time.
    Very nice, Loving the level of detail you are putting into this.
    I so love the idea with the workbees I'm thinking about if I should take Federation style workbees or Cardassian style. Cardassian style speaks for origin, Federation style speaks for adjustment (like the station's weapons). What do you think?
    Have we ever seen a Cardassian workbee on the show?

Edit: FOUND ! http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/cardi-workbee/
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    I believe you can have both. Since the station was conquered, I believe that cardassians not removed everything that was there. So, a few cards workbees must have remained. But as an upgrade, for sure that starfleet must have docked new workbees there too. :)
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Glad you liked my idea. :) I imagine only the Starfleet workbees would be used on a day to day basis, as they must be fairly cheap to produce, so there'd be no reason why even a station at the frontier wouldn't be fully stocked with them. But if you're planning on showing a bay of them then I'd include a Cardassian one as a leftover from the old days.
    Yeah, sounds convincing.
    I am going to build two open hatches with docked workbees on each of the large ports.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1680 CaliforniaPosts: 1,947Member
    Hmmmmm. The Dominion attack vessel is docked forward in the Drex image at your URL.. I don't remember a docking port on the front of that model.
    Workbees are built, moved in and ready to serve. :)
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    This is fantastic, i love the way the work bees are docked. Was that your idea or something from the show/technical manuals?
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Now that is innovative......nice flow