Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCavebear Stuff

• liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    cavebear wrote: »
    Heh, here is my very first render:

MDSHospitalShip-rightcopy.jpg

Compare that to the hangar I'm doing. What a big difference!

ha makes me want to go and find my first render!
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Work is coming along nicely so here are a few more renders.

hangarWIP018_mod.png

hangarWIP019_mod.png

hangarWIP020_mod.png

hangarWIP021_mod.png
    looks great, how long are you looking at for each render about?
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looking more and more amazing with each render, only thing i can say is.... can you lose the watermarks?
    It depends how long I let it go. I usually only do between 10 and 20 and it is only between 10 and 20 min depending on lighting and reflection. I've let a few go over night, like last night, and it completed over 430 passes.
    Dr Lee, I can only lose the watermarks when I buy the program. The wife has all ready agreed but it will take some time to save up for it.
    Dr Lee, I can only loose the watermarks when I buy the program. The wife has all ready agreed but it will take some time to save up for it.

Gotcha....
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    I love your interior! Very Clean modelling to me :)
    Haturod wrote: »
    I love your interior! Very Clean modelling to me :)

Thank you Haturod :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    A stormtrooper on the Enterprise A?

Huh, that's something new...
    huh?
    The figure you've used in the hanger has the white panels on him.... a bit Stormtrooperish....and i guess he thinks the hanger looks like a ST one?
    ST has damned SF for ever :(
    It looks like a halo 1 marine to me lol not a storm-trooper, and your right way too much trek stuff about and its all the same lol
    liam887 wrote: »
    It looks like a halo 1 marine to me lol not a storm-trooper, and your right way too much trek stuff about and its all the same lol

It is a Marine I picked up at the warehouse :D. I can appreciate the work, technique and what not of the ST stuff but I can't take it any longer. Too much, way too much. But it is funny, if you go back a few pages on this thread I did a ST ship based on a ST Museum design. Doesn't look much like trek which is why I like the early museum designs much better than the later designs. And still I got no comments on it :confused: so I figure if you don't have a ST ship showing in the thread header then most of the people here aren't going to look at the thread even if you do throw in a Trek ship now and then :rolleyes:
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Maybe the Storm trooper and Halo Marine mated and that's their child? :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Heh, so the result is now called the "Storm Marine". That actually sounds interesting...
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Heh, so the result is now called the "Storm Marine". That actually sounds interesting...

"Halo Trooper" is not bad either! :lol:

Oh, and I 100% agree to the ST thing, It's got great SF but I'm ready to move on...

Steve
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    I've been adding work stations and an external power hook-up for doing maintenance on shuttles.

hangarWIP022_mod.png

hangarWIP023_mod.png

hangarWIP024_mod.png

And now with kick plates on the stairs.

hangarWIP025_mod.png
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    so I figure if you don't have a ST ship showing in the thread header then most of the people here aren't going to look at the thread even if you do throw in a Trek ship now and then :rolleyes:

Strange, I usually don't look at the ST threads since I'm not a ST fan :) I kinda prefer original self designed stuff :)
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    CB, Looking fantastic bro! The interiors are really coming out quite well..My only crit, really even not a crit, is that they have a pretty potent TNG feel to them. Intentional maybe?
    CB, Looking fantastic bro! The interiors are really coming out quite well..My only crit, really even not a crit, is that they have a pretty potent TNG feel to them. Intentional maybe?

Thanks Sorceress,

Is the simularity in the colouring or the architectural details? Because I didn't try for a TNG look. I haven't watched an episod for years :) If it is the colouring then I can tell you that I am just playing with the metalic car paint colours in the render program. I could try a different colour. BTW, can you guess the movie that the image in the third monitor of the work station is from??? Also the little display on the far left of the three monitors is actually a picture of the engine training aid we have in Shearwater for the new Cyclone helicopter that is replacing the Sea King :)
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    The TNG look is from the overall design, color scheme and lighting..everything really. As far as the image, I dunno, Gattaca maybe?
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Heh, here is my very first render:

MDSHospitalShip-rightcopy.jpg

Compare that to the hangar I'm doing. What a big difference!

But I remember that post and I remember being one of the supportive potential-spotting voices that helped you get started. You sure gone done me proud boy. Bit of a shame I am as good now as I was back then and you have developed your skills a hundred-fold, but I'm glad one of us got better and the other one shouted encouragingly from the sidelines. :) ... I must be practising for management! ... "No I have no actual skill, but I'm still in charge"... :D :D :D

That hangar looks flippin awesome dude.
    It is a Marine I picked up at the warehouse :D. I can appreciate the work, technique and what not of the ST stuff but I can't take it any longer. Too much, way too much. But it is funny, if you go back a few pages on this thread I did a ST ship based on a ST Museum design. Doesn't look much like trek which is why I like the early museum designs much better than the later designs. And still I got no comments on it :confused: so I figure if you don't have a ST ship showing in the thread header then most of the people here aren't going to look at the thread even if you do throw in a Trek ship now and then :rolleyes:

Heh, my current Star Trek thread has had more comments than my previous 4 threads combined, and I haven't even done that much to it yet. Gotta be said, it's a definite favourite with the modellers out there!
    The TNG look is from the overall design, color scheme and lighting..everything really. As far as the image, I dunno, Gattaca maybe?

Naw, not Gattica, a little older than that actually :)
    Try........"Metropolis" by Fritz Lang :D Where people were just parts of the machinery :o

Okay, the colour I can see now that I compare (Bridge, gymnasium, corridors) but the hangar bay doesn't remind me of a TNG hangar. Well, I'm not finished yet so we shall see what I can do :)
    Dannage wrote: »
    But I remember that post and I remember being one of the supportive potential-spotting voices that helped you get started. You sure gone done me proud boy. Bit of a shame I am as good now as I was back then and you have developed your skills a hundred-fold, but I'm glad one of us got better and the other one shouted encouragingly from the sidelines. :) ... I must be practising for management! ... "No I have no actual skill, but I'm still in charge"... :D :D :D

That hangar looks flippin awesome dude.

Thanks Dannage, and yes I remember your encouragement too! I think I still have so far to go to even get into your shadow though...little thick there eh? I'd love to get myself Maya though. Up here Maya is the industry standard now for commercial CG work (everything from magazine layouts to industry broachers and TV commercials and what not.) I have to start planning for my future and this is a major path I'm looking at for after I retire. So I have to learn as much now as I can :)
    Dannage wrote: »
    Heh, my current Star Trek thread has had more comments than my previous 4 threads combined, and I haven't even done that much to it yet. Gotta be said, it's a definite favourite with the modellers out there!

I don't like being stuck to some one else's vision which is why I like to do my own designs. I don't really know why so many seem to gravitate to only ST or SW threads either.
    Thanks Dannage, and yes I remember your encouragement too! I think I still have so far to go to even get into your shadow though...little thick there eh? I'd love to get myself Maya though. Up here Maya is the industry standard now for commercial CG work (everything from magazine layouts to industry broachers and TV commercials and what not.) I have to start planning for my future and this is a major path I'm looking at for after I retire. So I have to learn as much now as I can :)

I dunno dude, that hangar looks better than any I've done before. I'd say you're casting shadow of your own! Maybe this Thea app just has some nifty looking photo-real effects... I am totally lame when it comes to textures and lighting. If you're good at those, a less details mesh still ends up looking better.
    Okay I think I got a completely non Star Trek colour. Tell me what you think :lol:

hangarWIP027_mod.png