Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGreg's Trek Ships and Things

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    A little update...
    renegadestarbase8.png
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    A design I came up when I was playing Gorn Minefield Fleet Action on STO. The end result will make it look like a lizard ready to attack in space.

Scan.png
    Original Design by myself
    Perspective drawing by Adamkop
    advocate.png
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Original Design by myself
    Perspective drawing by Adamkop
    advocate.png

Adam made a good drawing over your concept. This one surelly deserves to be fleshed out. :)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Cool design!
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    I rather like that concept gorn ship you have going on... i would like to see more of the idea.. As for the other concept ship it is interesting but i personally just can't stand the JJ nacells. The rest of it looks sweet...
    fluxfire wrote: »
    I rather like that concept gorn ship you have going on... i would like to see more of the idea.. As for the other concept ship it is interesting but i personally just can't stand the JJ nacells. The rest of it looks sweet...

The JJ nacelles are okay if scaled and proportioned properly.
    Testing out my Wacom Cintio, which cost me $1000, on my Gorn battleship. It's like drawing on paper, which is awesome because I like to look down at where my pen is when I'm drawing. Took me a while to set up because I didn't notice I had two VGA ports on my desktop, and the one I was trying to use didn't have a video card. DOH! The screen is not terribly bright, but that's alright. Probably a setting somewhere to fix that.

Anyways this ship is constructed in the late 24th century, as part of the Gorn's ongoing effort to keep their territories theirs.

GornBattlecruiser1mini.png
    Couldn't really look at the secondary hull right now so working on some finer details on the saucer. Might need to redo the RCS Thrusters.

RenegadeV1222.png
    An idea I just came up with for the Phaser banks.

RenegadeV1223.png
    Something for my 22nd bday...not really lol

22nd.png
    More work on the good ol' Renegade. Came up with how the phaser cannon/turret/whatever will work and looks. Not a full 360 degree rotation, but it's nice to have limitations, no? Also some neck/structural support detailing.

RenegadeV1224.png
    Captain's Log:

It has been eight months since our encounter with the Enterprise-D from the alternate history. Although their sacrifice was necessary for us to return to our time, I have a feeling that it was for nothing. After our almost disastrous battle with the Romulans, the Klingons deemed the Federation unworthy of their alliance. War is coming again and I fear the Federation will lose. Even with the massive refit in weapons and systems, I fear the Enterprise-C will not survive the coming fire. After the end of this, when the dust settles, will history still remember the name Enterprise?

This idea of a dreadnaught variant of the Enterprise has been in my head for a while now, so I decided to go ahead and make it. Note, this is just Dave's ship modified, and it's a little half-assed on my part, but I do like the idea. I had an idea of what if the Enterprise-D from the alternate timeline gave all kinds of weapon and defensive systems to the Enterprise-C, to make sure the C did not fall without a fight. The Enterprise-C ends up winning the battle, but unfortunately the Klingons would of preferred the Enterprise to fall in battle as a true test of honor and courage. Maybe in the future I will do a more complete and actual planned one.

ambassadordreadnaught.png
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    A truly dark and terrible propability, but I think it's actually true. For Klingons, dying in a battle is a very noble and good way. Sacrificing yourself for someone else, is even better...
    To them, seeing a Federation ship win, could as well be just a trick, to make the Feds look all good and nice, and venerable and whatnot.
    So I rebuilt Decks 1 and 2 and added a spinal section that connects Deck 2 to the secondary hull. Went back to the traditional Phaser Bank bulbs and made them a bit smaller. Navigational lights are also smaller. A few minor details such as RCS Thrusters, windows on the bottom of the primary hull, and details on the top and bottom parts of the spinal section need to be worked on before I start working on the rooms. I'll be pulling a gone-for-a-month-deal starting the 4th so I won't be able to work on this too much. Hopefully I can get a lot done now before I go.

Renegade12V27.png
    Back, back again....
    Changes:
    1. Disabled the rotating phaser cannon thing. Decided at this point I might just leave it like this.
    2. Started the deflector area. No, it doesn't retract and extend. Played with that idea but decided against it. There would be no point to it.
    3. Front of nacelles are pretty much done and textured.

Secondary hull is still continuing to be an issue.
    RenegadeV12a27.png
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    This is an interesting rendition.
    Haven't seen this thread before. Must have been a while since a restart.
    Finally getting a secondary hull I like.
    RenegadeV1229.png
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    I like that, particually the separated deflector dish, it looks very cool.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I like that, particually the separated deflector dish, it looks very cool.

Thanks.
    Working on the bussard textures. Trying to bridge the gap between ENT and TOS-Pilot. All hull textures are temporary. Working on the animation for it now as well.
    RenegadeV1230.png
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    ItA’s a fine work Greg!
    Starship wrote: »
    ItA’s a fine work Greg!

Thanks.

Redid the whole deflector area. Wasn't too fond of the very tiny secondary hull looking thing. Also updated the front of the nacelles. Ignore the random piece in the background. Forgot to hid that layer in Photoshop.
    RenegadeV1231a.png
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    I really like this design, nice detailing!
    Severus wrote: »
    I really like this design, nice detailing!

Thanks!

Since I'm having a hard time getting any work on the Renegade done, I decided to make a cargo vessel that I drew a concept of. Originally it was only one row of cargo containers in the middle, but I changed it to two because it looked more balanced. As you can see by Mr. Skeleton that the ship is NOT very big, so crew is usually around three or four, although in emergency situations she can accommodate up to 30. Her impulse engine is in that little cutout at the back of the ship. Above it is a small bay area that serves as an airlock for EVA operations. It's just large enough to accommodate one work pod as well. Maximum warp is 5.2. As for weapons, I might consider giving her ENT-era phase cannons, just to swat away debris or just to shoot at Kzinti ships that try to raid their cargo (not that they stand a chance against Kzinti ships.)

CargoVessel2a.png
    Working on an idea I had for the inside of the bussards.

RenegadeV1233.png
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    yup....looks good
    Started work on more of the insides of the nacelles. The pieces are here in place and yet to have detail added to them yet.

RenegadeV1234a.png
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    I respect your aggressive saucer fittings. The nacelle detail is the best--though I never really thought them ramscoops.

Ever going back to your TOS Enterprise with the impulse deck down low between the nacelle supports?
    publiusr wrote: »
    I respect your aggressive saucer fittings. The nacelle detail is the best--though I never really thought them ramscoops.

Ever going back to your TOS Enterprise with the impulse deck down low between the nacelle supports?

I don't have a TOS Enterprise.