Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGreg's Trek Ships and Things

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Then what would be the point? It's suppose to be a hybrid. It fly onto a planet, then detaches from the flying part of the unit and rolls off to wherever it is going.
    well lets see if the wheels get damaged and screwed up u can jsut detach em and fly off instead of leaving the whole vhicle behind could be a way of getting away from bad guys faster there are all sorta options with it there are many other points but i aint gunna explain them
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Moonsword wrote: »
    Might I suggest making the wheels retractable into the hull, or recesses in the hull just for the wheels, I am thinking more for aerodynamics and maybe aesthetics, it might look a bit better.

Or, option two is the flying part covers up the wheels.

That is just my thought.

I was just thinking of that too. It started to make more sense when I thought of it as acting in similar fashion to an airplane with the wheels retracting during flight.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Ok here is a quick mock up (ignore ugliness, it's just a prop.) The first stage where everything is covered up.

buggy1.png

The second stage where the vehicle is deployed (the parts covering the back wheels are suppose to be open and reveal the platform they were sitting on and ignore that the wheels are all out of place.) The front wheels swing down sort of like the landing gear of an airplane.

buggy2.png
    colbmista wrote: »
    well lets see if the wheels get damaged and screwed up u can jsut detach em and fly off instead of leaving the whole vhicle behind could be a way of getting away from bad guys faster there are all sorta options with it there are many other points but i aint gunna explain them

If the wheels are damaged how does it get back to the flying unit? The point is that the buggy is made of two seperate units that can function as a whole. Later generations combine the two so there is no need for separation.
    If the wheels are damaged how does it get back to the flying unit? The point is that the buggy is made of two seperate units that can function as a whole. Later generations combine the two so there is no need for separation.
    ugh nvm you dont get what i mean
    colbmista wrote: »
    ugh nvm you dont get what i mean

Dude, you don't get my point. There would no point to eject its wheels.
    1. It can't fly anywhere without being connected to the flying part of the unit.
    2. Without wheels it can't make it back to the unit.
    3. Once it's at the flying part of the unit there is no need for ejecting the wheels.

Ejecting the wheels has no purpose other than stranding the crew.
    Some concept drawings I had came up with the past few days, trying to get back into drawing on a frequent basis.
    cocnepts2.png
    And the IKS Krage, an between TOS/TMP ship I just came up with today that I think I will eventually put into my Renegade film, along with the Bird of Prey above.
    krage.png

FOR THE IKS KRAGE:
    The IKS Krage and its four siblings were part of a special project, meant to replace the old D-7. The Klingon Defense Force wanted a vessel that possessed a lot more firepower than the D-7 and be maneuverable. It has 6 disruptor cannons, two forward torpedo launchers, and two aft torpedo launchers. The cannons are wired through most of the ships power supply, giving them a huge bonus to the damage they cause. Effectively, these ships became the most powerful of the Klingons ships of the mid-23rd century.

However, they had major flaws. First, because of how the ship's power was distributed and the technique used in the ships construction, the shields of the ship were only a quarter strength of the D-7s, making it more prone to damage. Second and most important was the fact the ships could not use their cloaking devices, as this would result in a massive disruption of the ships warp core. The class ship found this out just seconds after they cloaked, as the warp core went critical and destroyed the ship and the three surveying ships. The cloaking device was subsequently removed from the IKS Krage and its sibling ships to prevent their destruction.

Although the ships did not live up to their expectations, they still proved reliable enough for the Klingon Defense Force to continue their use. Eventually the knowledge gained from their construction would allow the Klingons to upgrade their D-7s to the Ktinga-class refits. The developer of the IKS Krage still believes that the research wasn't a total loss and that more powerful versions of the ships can be built in the future, without all the flaws.

The remaining ships were assigned to Captain Klang and his fleet to defend the border of the Neutral Zone. This would prove to be their misfortune, as Klang's fleet went missing after it responded to gravametric anomaly in the Neutral Zone. Coincidentally the Federation starship USS Renegade, under the command of Elli Varamir, was also investigating the anomaly. Neither Kang's fleet or the Renegade reported back that day. Search parties found the wreckage of several ships, and alloys belonging to both the Renegade and Klang's ship. It cannot be confirmed that either the Renegade or Klang's ship were in fact destroyed. The Federation and the Klingon Empire claim no responsibility for the losses of either side, however they both agree that what happened in that sector will remain a mystery.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    You can barely see a thing with those watercolour images int he first. Took me about 3 minutes to figure the different shapes there......
    Copyright-protection by all means, but you went over the top with that... They're far too solid.
    yeha i agree the watermarks are over kill kinda pointless to post a wip if you cant even see the work
    Here's a darker picture, lighter watermarks.

cocnepts3.png
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Good. I don't have to start a new thread. Anyways been trying to brush off my animation skills again so started with the good ol' Metaluna. I love this little ship. Of course the textures weren't on the ship I opened up the file so I have spending the last few days slowly reapplying the textures and making a few changes. Rather proud of how the bussards turned out. Included the image links below each pic so you can view bigger sizes. The first picture was yesterday. The deflector area was fixed because it didn't really work for me. It's a bit more white now (not in this picture).

metacopy.png
    http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/oldmangreg/metacopy.png

By the time of the second picture I had realized I animated the wrong part of the bussard. So that part will be animated soon. I guess I have two spinning things now. Yay. I got to stop trying to make the windows have a glow to them. Doesn't seem to work.

metanacelle.png
    http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/oldmangreg/metanacelle.png

Got a little turntable animation at the end of this post. It doesn't go 360 degrees, but whatever.
    [video=youtube_share;UnJdhcLAaUs]
    http://youtu.be/UnJdhcLAaUs

Greg, I love what you've done with this nacelle. Can't wait to see the lights spin!
    Odd looks, but nice.
    Aresius wrote: »
    Odd looks, but nice.

Odd looks on what?
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I want to see the NX-Class type ship (top right of the "Concept3.png" image,) with ortho-views. (forward, back, & perspective/side.) And the B.O.P.-type design (top left of the Concept3.png" image,) I'd like to see if it has a forward arrowhead "mini-defiant" (large quantum torpedo?) type separation module, modified from the Prometheus-Class?
    94219.png94220.png
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I want to see the NX-Class type ship (top right of the "Concept3.png" image,) with ortho-views. (forward, back, & perspective/side.) And the B.O.P.-type design (top left of the Concept3.png" image,) I'd like to see if it has a forward arrowhead "mini-defiant" (large quantum torpedo?) type separation module, modified from the Prometheus-Class?

How about we go with No?
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Cool sketches Greg !
    The Krage is to much cool, and deserves a 3d version. WIll you be doing it? :) For me, the Krage stands as one of the best fan designed ships that I ever seen! :thumb:
    Starship wrote: »
    Cool sketches Glen!
    The Krage is to much cool, and deserves a 3d version. WIll you be doing it? :) For me, the Krage stands as one of the best fan designed ships that I ever seen! :thumb:

Since when was my name Glenn? :D

Edit: I might. haven't truly decided yet.
    An updated Krage:

Scan3.png
    Concepts Round 3:

Scan60011jj.png

The images on the left are fairly newer than the ones on the right.
    Krage Bridge WIP:

bridge1b-1.png

Still no idea how I'm going to tackle the body.
    More work, but stopping tonight. Got to get up early tomorrow to do a little run.

bridge1c.png
    Had an interesting experience with the Optimize Modifier. Instead of reducing polys it increased them. LOL
    Anyway:

bridge1d.png
    More work:

bridge1e.png
    sweetness.
    Aresius wrote: »
    sweetness.

Thank you
    This is probably as far as I am getting today. Neck is annoying me right now (the model's neck, not my physical neck):

bridge1g.png
    Wasted the past two hours getting this result:

fail.png

Was trying to redo the curvy neck area into something else, but it completely failed. Whatever. Maybe I'll save it for something later, but it's highly unlikely. Trying to design certain parts as I go along which has turned out to be very frustrating, especially the results look good in your head or on paper, but come out like an undercooked tureky on Thanksgiving that gets off the table during the middle of prayer and starts tap dancing. Going to get some sleep, do a little run in the morning, then get back to this. Hopefully my new Bamboo comes in tomorrow or at least sometime this week.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Since when was my name Glenn? :D

Edit: I might. haven't truly decided yet.

Excuse me, itA’s a mistake but I can justify it. I was based upon the url glennshatowski.deviantart.com. :D :D

I enjoyed the updates. SheA’s taking shape, but I was thinking she could be a little bigger than she is. ;)
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks worth saving for a rainy day, maybe for a Federation transport or freighter. Definitely best to design the whole thing before modelling, though. The pen is faster than the poly!
    Starship wrote: »
    Excuse me, itA’s a mistake but I can justify it. I was based upon the url glennshatowski.deviantart.com. :D :D

I enjoyed the updates. SheA’s taking shape, but I was thinking she could be a little bigger than she is. ;)

Forgot to bold the other "n" lol