Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGreg's Trek Ships and Things

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    There's much debate about the actual size of the Defiant. The general consensus is that it's four decks and 120m long.

I liked this ship much more before the deflector pods. The look...tacked on(?) as an after thought. Other than that, she's still lookin' good.

I've already changed it to a single deflector that hangs down, sort of like the secondary hull on the Oberth.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    This was inevitable. Going back to work on the USS Rain.

ussrainclay.png
    So new updates, including reverting to the original single secondary hull. A few windows here and there. Added some torpedo launchers.
    version1.png

Here's a second version of the Hammerstad. I'm still deciding whether or not to go with this.
    version2.png

Here's the original concept for the Hammerstad. As you see, it's got more of a Klingon vibe to it.
    version3.png
    Here's work on the Hammerstad-A, the replacement of the ship above.

hammerstada.png
    AFT view
    ussrain.png
    SHUTTLEBAY
    ussrain2.png
    SIDE VIEW
    ussrain4.png
    SIDE VIEW CLOSE UP
    ussrain3.png
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    I believe the naceles are to much tall for the refit, and to much boxy for the previous version. ;)
    Starship wrote: »
    I believe the naceles are to much tall for the refit, and to much boxy for the previous version. ;)

Refit? What refit? This isn't a refit. Where the hell did you get that idea?
    This is for you slower folk: This has never been, and never will be a refit. So keep those comments to yourself.

Anyways moving on...
    Angled view of the bottom of the saucer.
    ussrain5.png
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I don't necessarily think that your comments toward us "slower folks" were warranted. I personally thought it looked like your own spin on the refit Connie.
    I don't necessarily think that your comments toward us "slower folks" were warranted. I personally thought it looked like your own spin on the refit Connie.

Nope. I will not do a spin on the conni.
    Spacedock Work
    drydock2.png
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Nope. I will not do a spin on the conni.

Your disdain for it makes that more than obvious, but please keep your snarky comments to yourself and try not to insult people who try to give honest, constructive feedback.

As far as the drydock goes it looks to have much more mass than necessary to perform it's functions. There's not really a reason for the "arms" to be so massively thick and it looks like a waste of material
    Your disdain for it makes that more than obvious, but please keep your snarky comments to yourself and try not to insult people who try to give honest, constructive feedback.

As far as the drydock goes it looks to have much more mass than necessary to perform it's functions. There's not really a reason for the "arms" to be so massively thick and it looks like a waste of material

It was a snarky comment. There was no constructive feedback in his comment. I was just stating I will never do a spin on the Conni. Everyone does that these days, so no point in doing it myself. There are already some very fine examples of the Conni.
    The drydock is suppose to be thick, they'll be buildings attached there and other things later.
    How was it not constructive feedback? Starship felt the nacelles were too tall for a refit because, it appears, he thought that's what it was. Since it's not a refit then perhaps a response more along the lines of, "Sorry, but this isn't a refit. It's my own design," may have been more appropriate.

Drydock...

Even if there are going to be buildings attached, what use is it to have that much in the way of structure?
    How was it not constructive feedback? Starship felt the nacelles were too tall for a refit because, it appears, he thought that's what it was. Since it's not a refit then perhaps a response more along the lines of, "Sorry, but this isn't a refit. It's my own design," may have been more appropriate.

Drydock...

Even if there are going to be buildings attached, what use is it to have that much in the way of structure?

I didn't insult him I just said it wasn't a refit. The drydock is my own design/variation/whatever.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Refit? What refit? This isn't a refit. Where the hell did you get that idea?

This was confrontational and unnecessary given the previous comment. Why get hostile about a simple misunderstanding?
    This is for you slower folk: This has never been, and never will be a refit. So keep those comments to yourself.

This was confrontational and insulting, not to mention condescending. The mix up could have been done by anyone: the similarities to the Constitution are fairly obvious to me as well. Calling folks slow is just asking for someone to give you some sh!te. Why not refrain from that in the future?

As for your drydock: where are the buildings gonna go? Are they supposed to stick out radially from the sides? If so, you could still thin up the pylons a bit and leave the platform that the buildings are going to sit on as a raised portion. Would give it a larger feel, since it seems strangely blocky and cumbersome at the moment.
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    Any thoughts about doing a version with faceted nacelles to match the strong lines of the saucer?
    I like the shuttlebay location choice.
    Instead of being tacked at the end of a tube, you actually use empty space between the pylons for a structure that blends into the neck.
    publiusr wrote: »
    Any thoughts about doing a version with faceted nacelles to match the strong lines of the saucer?
    I like the shuttlebay location choice.
    Instead of being tacked at the end of a tube, you actually use empty space between the pylons for a structure that blends into the neck.

Wait are we talking about the USS Rain, the "Conni" looking one?
    Looks like you are on a roll today publiusr. You commented on like everything on the front page. :P

First up, my old Ambassador-type ship, with Excelsior elements thrown in. I've decided to scrap this project. Maybe one day I'll return to her. Maybe.
    ambassadorcanceled.png

Second, the Dreadnought I started a while ago. She needs a little fixing, along with adding the nacelles and deflector dish.
    dreadnaughts.png

Third we have a shuttle. One impulse engine, no nacelles. As someone said on deviantart, she looks like the tram on ST: TMP.
    shuttle.png

Fourth, the TACCOM Table for the USS Grandeur project. It isn't much now. (Also Commander, if you see this let me know if I can have this up, if not, I'll take it down.)
    taccomtable.png

And last, the Redemption, a starship belonging to a secret organization (but not Section 31.) She will play a pivotal role in Star Trek: Uprising, a story that I am writing. It takes place from the POV of a Borg drone, a perspective that's very heard to write.
    earlytmpship.png

And,
    About earlier, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I apologize if I did. I didn't get hostile until someone started misunderstanding what I said.

More to come. Also, I was thinking of creating a sort of Sci-fi Blog, where peeps could put up their finished artwork of their ships, sets, people, etc. I don't know if it's been done already, so if it has, let me know.
    Well, as for the blog idea: it has been done, but there's no reason you can't make one of your own. In fact, Lightspeed-Art, which looks to be a brand new site, has a blog section where you can start your own. LCARS Community also has a section devoted to blogs, but they focus more on the interfaces of ST rather than ships and the like.

On to the ships: your dreadnought looks extremely promising. I really like the curves on the primary hull in contrast with some of the more rigid lines of the secondary hull.

I'm not sure about the Redemption. The saucer looks almost too thin to really be of any use. Directly behind that, the secondary hull looks as if it should taper and curve inwards toward the rear, so that you get a much thinner profile at the back. That would convince me that it was a farther-future ship more than anything else. I'm not sure about the upper pods, but I assume those are just there for placement at the moment. And are those shuttlebays/fighter bays on the saucer? I kinda like that concept, although you might want to shorten them a bit.
    Digging through some old files of mine, I found some interesting meshes.

First up, the Star Trek XI shuttle
    startrek9shuttle.png

Second, Project Icarus. This was a model that was a look of how modern deep space travel would look like.
    projecticarus.png

And last, the REDSTAR. A sort of fan fiction of the time period between John Sheriden's return from Z'ha'dum and his final death. It was a kitbash of some of my own elements and some advance white star found.
    redsstar.png
    Are those variable-sweep wings on the Redstar? Pretty good design, if a bit overcomplicated. To many winglets coming off, honestly.

Your "Project Icarus" looks like something from my Journey's End storyline! In fact, I have a similar set of ships for cargo and personnel transport already set up. Good design concept, as well as mostly functional without a lot of frills.
    LockeFP wrote: »
    Are those variable-sweep wings on the Redstar? Pretty good design, if a bit overcomplicated. To many winglets coming off, honestly.

Your "Project Icarus" looks like something from my Journey's End storyline! In fact, I have a similar set of ships for cargo and personnel transport already set up. Good design concept, as well as mostly functional without a lot of frills.

Well those wingets are suppose to go up and down, for more stability for when it went into an atmosphere.
    More old files.

First a small personal, hero ship from my Crisis universe.
    smallship.png

What's left of the Renegade-B. I need to remake her.
    renegadeBrework.png

This one is actually recent. A Star Trek XI type shuttle.
    newshuttle.png

A saucer from my Noir/sci-fi universe.
    flyingsaucer.png

The Bridge of the TOS Renegade.
    tosrenegadebridge.png
    Decided to start on the NX era Renegade. As everyone should know by now, the NX Renegade never existed in the Prime Timeline, where every Renegade from the TOS era beyond did. This ship is part of an alternate universe timeline and the Mirror Universe timeline, where she was rebuilt several times during the course of her life. The Mirror Universe Renegade that the Renegade-E meets is actually the NX Renegade, with the years of technology built upon the original NX frame, explaining why it would look drastically different than her Prime cousin.

The funny thing she is actually closer to what the Prime Renegade-E should of looked like, at least in layout.

nxrenegade.png
    Got a lot more work done on her today.
    issrenegade.png
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    All of your designs have a nice sense of sweep to them. I really do like where the Rain was headed. There was this FASA RPG entry for a ship that was meant to fly excelsiors technology in a simpler hull:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/federation/scylla/scylla.html

Your design actually fits the text so much better. Generally, I prefere wider, flatter saucers but you kept the saucer design interesting.
    publiusr wrote: »
    All of your designs have a nice sense of sweep to them. I really do like where the Rain was headed. There was this FASA RPG entry for a ship that was meant to fly excelsiors technology in a simpler hull:
    http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/federation/scylla/scylla.html

Your design actually fits the text so much better. Generally, I prefere wider, flatter saucers but you kept the saucer design interesting.

Thanks!

More work done on the ISS Renegade. Almost done.
    issrengade.png
    issrenegade3.png
    earthsdestroyer.png
    I know I haven't posted in a while, but here's a project I started today. Loosely influenced by the SDF-1, this ship is part of my Crisis universe. For now I'm giving it the name Crusader. The two arms in both front and back turn down when the ship lands on a planet.

aircraftcarrierspace1.png
    More updates
    sideview.png
    aftview.png
    Some more updates on the crusader

aircraftcarrierspace2.png
    aircraftcarrierspace3.png