Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGreg's Trek Ships and Things

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    also liking the double nacelles.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    So the modeling of the TOS era refit of the Columbus is done. Just need to go and do some actual textures for her, ooh fun.
    Still need to redo that one section of the Pre-TOS version.
    ColumbusViews_zps9c192592.png
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work.
    Aresius wrote: »
    nice work.

Thanks.

A design I came up recently that sort of melds the John Eaves design with the BOP.
    klinkshuttle001_zpsa5d70cd5.png
    is this
    Attachment not found.
    the BOP picture you posted because it didn't load properly for me.
    looks like a BOP's wings bolted onto a starfleet shuttle, some of the ideas in it are nice but like most small star trek craft it is based on a kind of box. the guns seem too big, but engines on it look good. it could look better if you built more of a fuselage so that the cockpit area takes up a smaller proportion of the whole craft and the wings are expanded. i like many of the shapes but not their proportions. nice to see some none federation craft on here.
    is this
    Attachment not found.
    the BOP picture you posted because it didn't load properly for me.
    looks like a BOP's wings bolted onto a starfleet shuttle, some of the ideas in it are nice but like most small star trek craft it is based on a kind of box. the guns seem too big, but engines on it look good. it could look better if you built more of a fuselage so that the cockpit area takes up a smaller proportion of the whole craft and the wings are expanded. i like many of the shapes but not their proportions. nice to see some none federation craft on here.

This ain't a fighter. The wings are suppose to be small. It's not meant to take a lot of room up.
    Made some structural changes, including tilting the wings up.
    klinkshuttle002a_zps1733676e.png
    With all the milk jugs and balls appearing, I think I should finish mine. Adjusted the nacelles and pylons into a configuration that fits the hull a little better IMO.
    v1NCC850a25a_zps4279bf81.png
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann698 Posts: 1,343Member
    That Klingon shuttle with the bodies reminds me of the Reaver ships with the skeletons on 'em. Do you really intend to turn our home into an abomination?
    v1NCC850a26a_zps3026bcc4.png
    Last for tonight.
    klinkshuttle003a_zps771f2e9d.png
    Some slight changes...

klinkshuttle004a_zps5a0a3063.png
    And we return to the battleship. Structural changes based on some Museum ships I've been recently looking at. Not sure I'll go with the roll bar idea yet. Oddly enough the secondary hull reminds me of the JJ Enterprise. Looks better here though.
    PreTosDestroyer003a_zps6276d2b1.png
    More progress. Going to have to redo the nacelles because they are a mess right now and they didn't come out the way I wanted them.
    PreTosDestroyer005a_zps58d461fd.png
    perhaps sharpen and streamline the forward edges of the nacelle pylons, although if this is purely a space ship that is unnecessary. the double nacelles are nice. the klingon shuttle has some interesting ideas in it but needs some alterations to become a stunning design, the wings should sweep further forward, the guns should be smaller and the wings perhaps longer. all in all more like a BOP. i like the way you have made the ugly wedge shaped nose into a more pleasant and quite effective design by adding the details towards the top of it. the engine glow is good.
    perhaps sharpen and streamline the forward edges of the nacelle pylons, although if this is purely a space ship that is unnecessary. the double nacelles are nice. the klingon shuttle has some interesting ideas in it but needs some alterations to become a stunning design, the wings should sweep further forward, the guns should be smaller and the wings perhaps longer. all in all more like a BOP. i like the way you have made the ugly wedge shaped nose into a more pleasant and quite effective design by adding the details towards the top of it. the engine glow is good.

1.The pylons are suppose to more like the original Enterprise, so they are fine the way they are.
    2. The shuttle is fine as it is. The wings will stay where they are; the guns are the size they need to be; the wings will not go any wider. It's still a shuttle, not a fighter craft. It's suppose to be a blend of the BOP and the top shuttle in this image:

dkr-3_zpsd2c85648.gif

Not every shuttle needs big ass wings and such. That would not be a very efficient use of space. And please don't tell me something 'should be this or that'. I am not designing this for yours or anyone's benefits. It'll be however I want it to be, despite outside opinion. If I want opinions on how something could be done, I'll ask for them.

Redid the nacelles and added small details.

PreTosDestroyer007a_zps48548c22.png
    ok, well that bottom image with the raptor is nice. interesting details at the back of the bridge on your battleship.
    Took the two balls (insert childish giggle here) off the nacelles and replaced them. Redid the impulse engines. Added more Laser Bank locations. Waiting for stupid comment on the windows. :D
    PreTosDestroyer008a_zpsc565d0b8.png
    the nacelles are still cool and from the back look a bit like jet engines, i like that black "corrugated" bit at their rears and those stubby fins on them. glowing red thrusters in pylons and back of saucer are also nice. leave the nacelles as they are, they look great just add texture and some detail around the middle.
    now for the
    stupid comment
    : i assume those "windows" are only like that because that is their cross section and you have yet to intersect(boolean might be the term in your software) them with the hull.
    the nacelles are still cool and from the back look a bit like jet engines, i like that black "corrugated" bit at their rears and those stubby fins on them. glowing red thrusters in pylons and back of saucer are also nice. leave the nacelles as they are, they look great just add texture and some detail around the middle.
    now for the : i assume those "windows" are only like that because that is their cross section and you have yet to intersect(boolean might be the term in your software) them with the hull.

You don't listen very well.
    Changes and window placement.
    PreTosDestroyer011a_zpsbf7b90ad.png
    Something I'll work on occasionally from time to time when I get stuck on another model.
    ENTEraStation001a_zps5e61e344.png
    A rather new design I came up with, based on a kitbash by Forbin and a piece of K7.
    OldBetsy001a_zpsdb03eb69.png
    Oddly enough, I'm almost done with this one. I guess when I don't plan things, it works out better. Sometimes.
    OldBetsy003a_zps9a0c1c34.png
    i like the pylons on that new ship.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    I like it quite a lot. :) It fits nicely as a next step from the Daedalus.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I like it quite a lot. :) It fits nicely as a next step from the Daedalus.

Thanks.

I'm calling her done mesh wise. On to the fun part: textures.
    OldBetsy005a_zps39831767.png
    Just a more few texture tweaks and modeling the high detailed rooms (since the ship is small enough for them) and then she shall be done.
    OldBetsy006b_zps511f63ec.png
    Yays all done.
    OldBetsyviews_zpsc0c623d8.png
    Found this neat little trick. Unfortunately it takes 8 mins to render lol
    OldBetsyxrayB_zps6b5f2a9d.png