Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Retroprise

• trekkitrekki935 Posts: 1,392Member
    CanA’t download the fantastic ship.
    trekki
  • gray_deathgray_death0 Posts: 0Member
    Excelent. Tom Paris would love it, too. I especially like what you did with the bussard collectors on the nacelles, looks kinda like a jet intake.:thumb:
  • chronochrono0 Posts: 1Member
    This quad look would look VERY good if it was on an Excelior (spl) design.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    You do one brilliant thing, and everyone wants more! ;)
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    Right ho,
    thanks for all the support, i too was amazed how the planet pic came out, the reflections look great, was afraid that every star would be mirrored but it came out nicely, apart from my spelling.

@ BEMEUP - Good idea, was having a similar thought, but only to the point of how would it look, was thinking of the 2nd world war posters showing women in factories. will think something out.

@ trekki - got a message today that it has been approved but cant see it yet, but if you are in the forum lead page there is a tab on the right saying latest files and its there. tried to upload an obj file, but the server would not let me, will try again later.

@ chrono - all in good time, will be trying a few variations, thinking also of doing a art deco versions later down the road.

Everyone else, thank you, guess i have to do more, lucky we are going into winter where i live, even though its still 26 c and beach weather.
    Someone mentioned that they thought a Cadillac with nacelles would make a good shuttle craft, but you know, I keep thinking that a VW microbus would work better.
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    33 ford coupe, ala ZZTop and the "Rough boys" video.
  • baxartbaxart0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Cuya, great work! I've been sending the ad and Cruzin' around to friends, and I have a request.

If you're going to do a spacedock scene, and I hope you do, it should look like a classic neon painted drive-in, like these!

Also, can we get some updated orthos? I was wondering about deck layouts. It sort-of looks like the bridge module has windows, and that would bring the saucer to 3 decks, so i was curious. If it's a yacht, which your ad kind of sounds like, then the 10 deck layout makes sense, with the neck pylon just wide enough for a passage down to the engineering section.

Can't wait for the download, and I hope that somebody does the bridge publiusr talked about.
    79906.png79907.png79908.jpg
    Oh, I like the spacedock as drive-in concept! That's good!
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that they thought a Cadillac with nacelles would make a good shuttle craft, but you know, I keep thinking that a VW microbus would work better.

You know what'd make an excellent shuttlecraft? A winnebago with wings. ;) lol, it had to be said. This is indeed a neat design. Kinda glad that they didn't go in this kind of direction for the new movie, though it is immediately what I thought when they started saying that they were giving the Enterprise a "hot rod" look. :P
    Walkyrje wrote: »

I could not agree more, in fact i may be able to brush off the shuttle i did on the Papillion (which just sort of died) and tweak it, may also use some of that art deco styling for the spacee diner, which by the way i love as an idea, nice one Baxart.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?59459-The-Papillion/page3
    baxart wrote: »
    Hey Cuya, great work! I've been sending the ad and Cruzin' around to friends, and I have a request.

If you're going to do a spacedock scene, and I hope you do, it should look like a classic neon painted drive-in, like these!

Also, can we get some updated orthos? I was wondering about deck layouts. It sort-of looks like the bridge module has windows, and that would bring the saucer to 3 decks, so i was curious. If it's a yacht, which your ad kind of sounds like, then the 10 deck layout makes sense, with the neck pylon just wide enough for a passage down to the engineering section.

Can't wait for the download, and I hope that somebody does the bridge publiusr talked about.

Thanks for the tip, really like that idea. watch this space.

As for orthos, i suppose i can knock something together, as for scale, i did not specifically think about that, i matched it to proportions of the st motion picture version, but i feel that it would most likely be a bit smaller, as the windows show, so maybe two thirds in size. I am planning on adding more details and windows, just not sure how, as i do not want to ruin the sleekness.
    79937.png
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Somehow if feels like the windows should be able to roll down.....
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    This is without a doubt, the best thing I have seen for a long time...awesome.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Would it be possible to place a "skin" of a refit, or other designs over your mesh? That might be something to play with. You might have menat for this to be playful, but I think it has more life to it.
    publiusr wrote: »
    Would it be possible to place a "skin" of a refit, or other designs over your mesh? That might be something to play with. You might have menat for this to be playful, but I think it has more life to it.

at the moment i am trying to fix the mesh a bit so i can save it as an obj file. there are quite a few mesh errors. When it gets uploaded i hope others will download it and have a go themselves, so yes anything is possible. when you say skin or refit, what do you mean?
    Love PTrope's Steam Trek Bridge, been watching it on the BBS & Daz boards. And I think the Metaluna would fit into the Retroprise universe.

Keep it up cuya!!!!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I mean wrap another mesh around your body form. Speaking of the Metaluna--the retroprise kinda looks like the Metaluna only scaled up.
    Have been playing with animation a bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8DqtPpnEVk

The video stutters a bit on you tube, but its a test. anyway i would like to extend a big credit to Welter, as i found his earth atmosphere plugin amazing and used it in the anim. Thank you
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    That was a pretty cool video.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Thank you, think the stutter is due to 30 fps instead of 24fps, you live and learn
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    I thought it was youtube lag. LOL
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice video! More! More! :)
    cuya wrote: »
    Thank you, think the stutter is due to 30 fps instead of 24fps, you live and learn

Was just gonna ask about that. Lookin' great! Would like a slower pass though.
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    I love the bit where the ship arrives at the planet. I for one, can't wait to see more. :thumb:
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    cuya wrote: »
    Have been playing with animation a bit:
    ...anyway i would like to extend a big credit to Welter, as i found his earth atmosphere plugin amazing and used it in the anim. Thank you
    Yeah, that plugin is really great!!
    Cool video, i like the lighting effect, when the ship disappears in the distance. :)
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome video, but in the first shot the ship zips by far too fast. You should have her break orbit slowly and then blast into warp, so we can have a chance to properly appreciate the pretty. :)

Does that plugin work with 3ds max, by the way?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    That was totally cool!! Music, animation, etc.; all great! I think it would make a good miniseries!
  • FrostRaptorFrostRaptor0 Posts: 0Member
    Moremoremore!!!

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to say please. Please?