Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Retroprise

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    I cant believe how smokin' hot this interpretation is! I like way better than the one in the latest movie....
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    LoL that is totally awesome!
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Love those pylons with the ribbed edges.

I'm glad you like my idea for the impulse engines. I don't know if you want to mess around with them any more, but you know what car would also work well? God forgive me, but the front of the Edsel, of all things. It's got this vertical middle bit that makes it look like the Ent-A's impulse drive, but 50's-ified.
  • blueboyblueboy0 Posts: 0Member
    Coolest refit of our "BIG E", .You gave it just the right sales pitch of that old but ever cool time. ............blueboy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    carlg wrote: »

I'm glad you like my idea for the impulse engines. I don't know if you want to mess around with them any more, but you know what car would also work well? God forgive me, but the front of the Edsel, of all things. It's got this vertical middle bit that makes it look like the Ent-A's impulse drive, but 50's-ified.

TrekMovie showed a similar image:
    The Edselprise

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/st09ent2_comparecar.jpg
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member

Excellent find, really like taht look. At the moment i have just done some simple rocket type engines. I was trying to model soemthing like that but kept confusing myself. will definetly take another stab at it with the edsel haha.

Everyone else, thanks for all the support, keep the ideas coming. I can see different versions coming out with great names like the coup de ville, and corsair etc.

Once again i would love to see other peoples attempts at this type of thing, heck maybe even different decades of design, but maybe skipping the late 80's ealry 90's boxy Volvo look.
    79596.png79597.png
    By popular demand, i did an edsel version of the engines, let me know what you think.
    79617.png79618.png79619.png79620.png
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    By George, I think he's got it!
    And another little update. fused the whole thing together now comes the details and patterns for the chrome etc

I am thinking a combo of the rocket engines and the edsel for the future, if i am clever enough i should be able to kit versions
    79621.jpg79622.jpg79623.png79624.png79625.png
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    I love the look of the Edsel back end. Maybe add the fins off a 50's Cadillac?
    This is one indecently sexy starship you've got on your hands! :D
  • harry33harry33343 Posts: 0Member
    Where can I buy it???:) Thats so amazing-Much different to all other Enterprise Variations!Excellent job!
    Waiting to see what you do with the bridge module. 8)
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    A genre has been created. And it shall be named Retroprise.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    This thing is insane!!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Just paint it silver and it would pass for a Naboo design--as if the post-destruct Enterprise had fallen into a rift and emerged into the Star Wars universe.

As it is--have it battle-damaged and haunted...and call it Christine. Nice big Hemi engine room for Scotty of course. Being a heavy cruiser, it needs four doors on its secondary hull. See--its not really a Mustang then--its a Ford LTD Police Cruiser. Nice dashboard for Sulu--but it should have the old Dodge Matador (no, not the AMC Matador--Dodge had a Matador too) pushbutton dash out in front of Kirk's nice bucket seat. Spock's station would of course be a huge old household 8-track, with slots for 8-track cassettes for him to insert as per usual. I had an old 8-track that had a bulls-eye type reticule--a dot that was inside circles to move the sound from one speaker to the other. Reminds me of the NPR story where all electromechanical devices were replaced by a rotary dial in the center of the steering wheel. Dial a certain number, and the windows raise or lower.

I always thought car tail-lights looked like impulse engines, especiallly on the last few Pontiac Firebirds--that might be fun to play with.

Here is an idea. Have an old K-Car--the Reliant, with a roll-bar on top even--shoot into your ships secondary hull as seen from ST II. Only have the Enterprise as a Ford LTD.
    Here is a little update on the saucer, still needs a few tweaks. it is based on Hubcaps and the front of a VW minibus.
    79758.png79759.png
    just some minor changes
    79768.png79769.png79770.png
  • BEMEUPBEMEUP171 Va BeachPosts: 0Member
    Man you are hitting all the right buttons on this hot rod, very nice!!!
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    OOOhh. '61 Ford Starliner meets Fireball XL5. I could see this in a tv series with puppet animation for the cast. I can just picture a wooden puppet Kirk Character trying to grapple with a Green alien puppet gal...
    Cuya! You've just won the Internets! What are you going to do now?!
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Cuya! You've just won the Internets! What are you going to do now?!

Hehe, thank you everyone for the support.
    Not sure what to do now, maybe tweak some more, but i am running out of steam. Maybe challenge everyone else to do retro versions of their favorite ships.

Might just upload this one now for the time bein....if the site lets me, have had trouble doing so with my last model.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I like the concept a lot but the placing of the pylons seems too far to the back atm... Perhaps you could make the secondary hull a bit smaller and place the pylons a bit more to the front?
    Maybe a matching shuttlecraft for this beauty? Slap some nacelles on a Caddy and you're good to go. ;)
    Maybe a matching shuttlecraft for this beauty? Slap some nacelles on a Caddy and you're good to go. ;)

thats actually a pretty good idea, or i might try the impala class now.

Anyway i have uploaded a c4d version to the site, might take a day or 2, but in the meantime here is a little ad you might enjoy
    79806.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    How about a vintage D-7 in the style of an old Dodge Powerwagon maybe? I would love to see a Romulan Bird of Prey in this '50's style as well!
    In all her glory
    79843.jpg
    And i cant seem to spell to save my life. ah well
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    :thumb:
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • BEMEUPBEMEUP171 Va BeachPosts: 0Member
    Very cool ad and planet scene!! That ship looks great in whatever environment you use.
    A thought popped in so I better type it... space dock/fueling station.