Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Retroprise

124»

• cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    carlg wrote: »
    Awesome video, but in the first shot the ship zips by far too fast. You should have her break orbit slowly and then blast into warp, so we can have a chance to properly appreciate the pretty. :)

Does that plugin work with 3ds max, by the way?

Point taken, but i think it gives a sense of the awesome speed, and i am of the school of more is less, eg Alien was a great film as you hardly ever saw the creature and it scared you, while the last ones had aliens swimming flying etc and it was a yawn fest.

As for the plug in, you have to ask Welter but i think it is only made for c4d
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Having followed this back from baxart's tribute, all I can say is smoooooth.
    Have started modelling a space station, not really a 50;s style one, but have to start there and then figure out how to make it it retro down the line. i also did my own drydock as can be seen in thee 2nd pic with the thundererererer for scale comparisson
    80988.png80989.png
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    cuya wrote: »
    Have started modelling a space station, not really a 50;s style one, but have to start there and then figure out how to make it it retro down the line. i also did my own drydock as can be seen in thee 2nd pic with the thundererererer for scale comparisson

I'd like to suggest http://www.plan59.com/galleries/space_art/space_art.htm
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Any idea to have a TMP version--the paint job at least?
    publiusr wrote: »
    Any idea to have a TMP version--the paint job at least?

which do you mean space station or ship.

Have been taking a breather due to work and moving, but keep the tips coming and i will tackle this again soon
    The ship. I know the retroprise was just meant as a folly, but seeing it with the refits texturing might be nice as well, or with the JJprise's texturing, with your lines remaining intact of course. It and the Metaluna have similar bridge styles, so they really look like sister ships.
  • mdbruffymdbruffy180 Posts: 2Member
    Retroprise has a cameo in my new graphic novel:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/NT10-An-Empire-to-Build-459860655
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Can't view it. There is a filter for gore...like they know what gore is.
    I'll fix it.
    All fixed. something got checked by mistake.

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/NT10-An-Empire-to-Build-459860655
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Cool, thanks!
    You're welcome. Hope you like it.
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Hello, sorry for the "necroposting", but I love this design so much, and wanted to make something special. A tribute to USS Retroprise.

Also there are some images on my artstation page https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdeLL8
    rojrenLizzy777BolianAdmiralFreakNathan RubriccuyaBrandenbergpubliusr
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    That was beautiful.
    Enterprais
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,558Member
    Awesome video!
    Enterprais
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Beautiful!!
    Enterprais
    Enterprais wrote: »
    Hello, sorry for the "necroposting", but I love this design so much, and wanted to make something special. A tribute to USS Retroprise.

Also there are some images on my artstation page https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VdeLL8

Wow, amazing and as previously stated, amazing. You have represented her perfectly. Honored.
    Enterpraispubliusr
    Woow! I'm so happy you watched the video!! Thank you! Thank you all for your kind feedback! :3
    Wow, my gf secretly painted a humanization of Retroprise :o Today she showed me the result
    gcjng48w9i7c.jpg

FreakLizzy777publiusr
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Wow, so cool, love the paint flake shader. How did you do the warp streak effect?? I'd have no idea how to do that
    Enterprais
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Beautifully done. It's a great model too.
    Enterprais
    Thank you very much! :3
    japetus wrote: »
    Wow, so cool, love the paint flake shader. How did you do the warp streak effect?? I'd have no idea how to do that

In short, I made a very long motion blur streak and rendered one frame of animation 300 times from different views to make animation look like we're floating around this streak. I made a making of video to explain it in more detail.
    rojrenLizzy777
    A classic in every way. I want more!