Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCch-306...

japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
When the Daedalus just isn't enough...

This is my current project... started when I was doodling over lunch break at work...

Not much of a backstory at the moment, but simply put this is the Daedalus equivalent to the Nimitiz class Nuclear Aircraft Carrier.

Armament @ the moment consists of the standard ventral missile silos, but will be suplimented with Drones, AAA railguns, Ship to Ship railguns... and 1 or 2 MAC-type guns... not counting the Asgard Beam-weapons... and a full compliment of F-302 and Puddle Jumpers (Ancient, and possibly an Taur'i equvalent...).

Scale wise, I haven't worked out the exact size, but the ship is almost exactly the same width as 28 302's parked wingtip to wingtip: and if I remember the conversion correctly it is either 25 or 26 decks tall ( I beleive the decks are supposed to be between 10 and 12 feet tall.

As of right now, the sublight engines are placeholders... as are the "Asgard" towers, and I am working on the S-to-S railguns, which are based off of the DDX destroyer type turrets.

I also need a name for this mammoth... ideas?
78535.jpg
78536.jpg
78537.jpg
Post edited by japme on
5.jpg 76.7K
7.jpg 79.5K
6.jpg 276.5K
erionmarina45
Tagged:

• salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    I would make the bevel smaller, as is, its throwing off the scale, IMHO. I would also lower the bump effect on the texture.

Names:
    Apollo
    Helios
    Neptune
    Posiden
    Leviathan
    Icarus
    Minos
    Minotaur
    Gorgon

Just trying to stick with the theme.
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Yes Japme is back.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. I'll certainly be watching this. As for names, how about "Enterprise"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    megalodon, but i like enterprise ^^
    How about "The Benevolent".And what about that battleship mixture between stargate and battlestar galactica?
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    As much as O'neill would love to give me a bonus for naming it the Enterprise, unfortunately... I'm going to stick with the Greek/Roman or UNSC type names...

Glad you like the ship itself.
    Here are a few suggestions:

Nausicaa ("Burner of Ships" in Greek)
    Aeolus (ruler of the winds)
    Telemachus ("far-away fighter" in Greek)
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great....definitely gonna follow this thread:thumb:
  • angusskyangussky0 Posts: 0Member
    I have to admit this is one of the better designs I have seen.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    It looks like the next generation of Earth ship with more Asgard engine tech starting to come though. I take it this could make the trip to Pegasus Galaxy in a few days without a ZPM. (it took the Asgards only a few hours to get to there own Gal from ours. At the moment it take the Daedalus 18 day to do the trip to Pegasus without a ZPM and 4 with.)
    glad everyone likes it... not sure If I want this to be a "hypersonic" ship like the Asgard, but it definitely be faster then the Daedalus... say 2 days at full burn... and 4 on "supercruise"...

Got the Sublights rebuilt... pics to come later...
    I have created the Ship to Ship Railguns... and got them placed for the most part... a few more need to be placed and some placements need to be adjusted...

Next step either a Drone Launcher or Point defense AAA system...

Also looking for the SGC font... used on the Daedalus...
    78608.jpg78609.jpg78610.jpg
    g1.jpg 41.5K
    9.jpg 276.1K
    8.jpg 28.3K
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    How about
    Asteri thanatou
    "star of death"

proangelo polemou
    "herald of war"

astyfylaka
    "peacekeeper"

or just Spartan

also the ship is looking good.
    I was looking through my folders for my Taur'i Federation insignia... well I found the files, but for some idiotic reason I had flattened the layer... including the text...

So here's the change... the ship is going to be the DCV-309, TFS Spartacus, instead of the CCH-306...

I also got the railguns textured and repositioned...
    78614.jpg
    12.jpg 226.6K
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    25 decks is a tad over kill considerng the deadalus was only 6...
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    25 decks is a tad over kill considerng the deadalus was only 6...
    yup and those bridge windows are veeeeeery big for a 25 deck ship.
    frankly this comes of as smaller then the 304s for that very reason. also is this suposed to be a lowpoly mesh? looks like it..
    over all it looks small and badly proportioned and ive seen better.
    overall rating 2/10

oh and sorry if i come off hostile just trying to give you my honest oppinion instead of being a mindless praise drone (yesmen) like others, as i personally enjoy a good critique far more then the standard "cool" or "Wow".
    i think hes goign for the open concept... easy target style lol for the bridge
    One thing that I think needs rethinking is the bridge. Scratch the the big windows on the tower and just keep the ones wedged between the flat top and the neck. That's where the bridge traditionally goes and that's where it should stay. ;)
    I agree about the scaling and it caused me a ton of grief to get the proportioning worked out... Now about the size and all...

The DAEDALUS is about this big...

Length 200-225 meters
    Width 90-95 meters
    Height/depth 70-75 meters

Going off the fact that a F302 is roughly 26 meters wide and that wingtip to wingtip 28 of them are the same width as the ship...

The Spartacus is roughly :

1222 meters long
    768 metes wide
    234 meters tall

Now the reason for the size... this is NOT a battlecruiser... it is a Deep Space Heavy Carrier. This a Taur'i equivalent to the Wraith Hives or the Asgard O'niell. There are not going to be "dozens" of them like there likely would be with the daedalus. Also the size takes into account the armament...

60+ Quad Point Defense Rail Units (3 inch bore)
    50-60 Dual Ship-to-Ship Rail Guns (around a 12-16 inch bore)
    74 Dorsal Rotary Feed Rail Tubes (each of which is feed directly by a 6 round replenish-able magazine)
    8 Ventral Drop Bays (usable for Horizon Systems or a possible Dropship)
    2 Drone Launchers (Ventral and Dorsal) - First Taur'i class to be able to truly feild them
    2 MAC guns... The main reason for the size

Now this may seem like over kill, but this ship is meant to fight things worse than either the Wraith or the Replicators... and it is the equivalent of a 5th Generation ship and 30 years in the future... Prommy being the 1st, and the Daedy being the 2nd

But the real reason this ship isn't going to change much is that it looks cool, but most importantly the project is going well and other than having trouble working on the model when all the guns are visible, there have been no roadblocks, so I will probably make a scaled down version when I'm done that will be more "realistically" proportioned.

On a side note... someone commented earlier about the ship being to "smooth"... I will rough it up a little but this has taken many lessons from the O'niell Class. You don't have to be brutish to be bad... Also systems are more internalized so that they can not be as easily damaged "if" the shields "were" to fail...

I'll try to get some images up today.
    japme wrote: »
    I agree about the scaling and it caused me a ton of grief to get the proportioning worked out... Now about the size and all...

The DAEDALUS is about this big...

Length 200-225 meters
    Width 90-95 meters
    Height/depth 70-75 meters

Going off the fact that a F302 is roughly 26 meters wide and that wingtip to wingtip 28 of them are the same width as the ship...

The Spartacus is roughly :

1222 meters long
    768 metes wide
    234 meters tall

Now the reason for the size... this is NOT a battlecruiser... it is a Deep Space Heavy Carrier. This a Taur'i equivalent to the Wraith Hives or the Asgard O'niell. There are not going to be "dozens" of them like there likely would be with the daedalus. Also the size takes into account the armament...

60+ Quad Point Defense Rail Units (3 inch bore)
    50-60 Dual Ship-to-Ship Rail Guns (around a 12-16 inch bore)
    74 Dorsal Rotary Feed Rail Tubes (each of which is feed directly by a 6 round replenish-able magazine)
    8 Ventral Drop Bays (usable for Horizon Systems or a possible Dropship)
    2 Drone Launchers (Ventral and Dorsal) - First Taur'i class to be able to truly feild them
    2 MAC guns... The main reason for the size

Now this may seem like over kill, but this ship is meant to fight things worse than either the Wraith or the Replicators... and it is the equivalent of a 5th Generation ship and 30 years in the future... Prommy being the 1st, and the Daedy being the 2nd

But the real reason this ship isn't going to change much is that it looks cool, but most importantly the project is going well and other than having trouble working on the model when all the guns are visible, there have been no roadblocks, so I will probably make a scaled down version when I'm done that will be more "realistically" proportioned.

On a side note... someone commented earlier about the ship being to "smooth"... I will rough it up a little but this has taken many lessons from the O'niell Class. You don't have to be brutish to be bad... Also systems are more internalized so that they can not be as easily damaged "if" the shields "were" to fail...

I'll try to get some images up today.

wow big wall of techno babble... first 1000m? good luck getting it off the ground and it certainly doesnt look the part as you have no sense of proportion the bridge being example 1
    secondly
    "you are not gonna change it bcus it looks cool" ill be frank it does not look cool. it looks weird an unproportined
    completly lost my intrest as the overkill factor is way to much and i deem this fanwank.
    Don't like it? Look somewhere else. ;)

japme: Just redo the bridge, that's all that's needed to make this work. And I agree, not every new ship has to be intended for mass production. There still has to be room for the occassional Dreadnought.
    nope i dont and i will look somewhere else.
    i just need to add a 302 is NOT 26m in wingspan it is only 14-15m
    Battlequest Galaxia?

Just kidding... really cool. Nice work.
    Glad Everybody else likes it...

About the F302 wingspan:
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/F-302_fighter-interceptor

Here's the gun placement renders
    Blue - Ship-to-Ship
    Red - AAA
    Yellow - DLS

Still trying to decide where to mount the "MAC Guns"
    A. In the main hull as "cheek" guns
    B. In the "pods" between the main hull and the hangar pods....

I'll take a look at "scaling" down the bridge... or at least the other windowed areas...
    78636.jpg78637.jpg
    g3.jpg 79.6K
    g2.jpg 295.1K
    i dunno, i like the look of the entire ship, except for the DLS guns, there should either be slightly more detail there, or the guns should go somewhere else, they look rather exposed and clean like that.
    MAybe the windows of the bridge a little more reduced.And regarding the mac gun,a turret should be placed in front of the dls tubes.
    i think for a dreadnaught its over kill... the only thing i really like is the logo u got oon the side of the ship
    Sorry for the silence... I've been trying to reshape the bridge to keep the feel, but make the scale more realistic...

Finally I stepped back and started from "scratch". Went digging for superstructures of modern naval vessels and found one simple enough to knock together, but could also be easy to work with...

Here's the result...

Also would anyone know how to delete "old" images from the new attachment manager?
    78832.jpg78833.jpg78834.jpg
    b1.jpg 443.6K
    b2.jpg 104.7K
    b3.jpg 114.4K
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    drool, drool!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for where to place the MAC's, how about in the nose where those side inclines meet?
    i liked the old bridge u coulda jsut scaled it down lol